Complain loud enough to Amazon pays off

nabuch

CAGiversary!
Not sure where to post this but here goes.

I ordered the Dark Souls guide the morning of Oct.10. Someone on a posting about that guide said they ordered it Oct.11, and were notified it shipped.

I complained to Amazon that playing favorites rather than filling orders in the order they were received was pretty low and I would no longer be doing business with them.

They gave me a $20 credit on a future purchase from them, which I immediately used for the Jurassic Park blu ray trilogy.

So now I can go to gamestop and pay $25, since I already saved $20.

Yes, I know it is $14.99 on line, but with tax and $2.99 shipping, and I've already waited long enough to get it.

So, if you ordered the guide and have not been notified it has shipped, you won't get it until next month when Future Press does another run, so start complaining.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Liar.[/QUOTE]
:lol::applause: I said I was done with them after NorAm's shady rejections of some games I sent in a while ago too. But you can't beat the prices and the no sales tax.;)

But this item is out of stock and Amazon said they'd ship once it comes back in stock. I honestly don't know why people on here seem to need shit yesterday as opposed to whenever the companies actually get the items in stock and shipped. Not to mention I don't understand how people can assume that they're more valuable of a customer than the 20 people before them and the 100 people after them and assume their place in 'line' means they should skip ahead of every other customer.

Shit, and i feel bad about complaining to them that UPS lost my games in the mail that I was trading in.

Maybe I should start complaining about more things, like how there's no complimentary mint and a New Yorks Times in my packages.

[quote name='DcupsOfJustice']What's a guide for anyway? I have a thing called internet.[/QUOTE]

Ive always wondered the same thing.

Only problem with using the guides on the internet is there aren't normally full color maps showing the location of X or Y item and sometimes the information is wrong. Of course, that's not to say that the 'pros' who submit the guides to Prima/Brady don't get things wrong too(Mortal Kombat guides). But more often than not it's just easier to go and pick up a guide from a store/site, especially one that's nearly 50% off MSRP and a hardcover guide to boot.

I'm likely keeping one sealed for collection purposes and will likely use one. Since Amazon sent me one with dented corners on the top corners that'll be the one I use.

[quote name='DcupsOfJustice']What's a guide for anyway? I have a thing called internet.[/QUOTE]
You can't burn the internet when your stove is broken and you need to make a makeshift fire.

[quote name='ROB64']Wow, pretty bad move by amazon giving free credit to someone who whines about something so petty.[/QUOTE]
I agree with you
happy.gif

Resale value. Just about every RPG guide I got resell for more than what I paid.

I ordered the guide on the day it dropped to $13.74 but together with a game pre-order in order to get FSSS. Of course it hasn't shipped and now it has been temporarily out of stock for days.

They better restock it soon or else they will hear from me.

bread's done
Back