Complete, sealed collections of entire Japanese consoles

crazy. so does this guy have a second collection of games he actually plays, or is he some OCD collector who is in it just for the collecting?

[quote name='gunm']crazy. so does this guy have a second collection of games he actually plays, or is he some OCD collector who is in it just for the collecting?[/quote]

From what I've talked to him about on the Digitpress forums, he basically collects for the challenge. He says he hates buying bad games but he knows he has to to complete the collection.

I never really asked him about playing the actual games though.

Considering not one of these items is open..

This collection is worth quite possibly..I can't even begin to figure out how much it's worth..all I know is this man doesn't have to worry about a thing financially

But it's a sad collection, many gems left unplayed, hardware never even powering up...I wish this stuff was put to better use, especially the PC Engine and Neo Geo stuff.

[quote name='sarausagi']Considering not one of these items is open..

This collection is worth quite possibly..I can't even begin to figure out how much it's worth..all I know is this man doesn't have to worry about a thing financially.[/quote]

The very fact that this guy was able to aquire all of these items in sealed, mint condition in the first place shows that he no financial worries.

I often wonder how far I would take my gaming 'hobby' if I had f-u money.

*edit* I had no idea that the Nintendo DD64 was ever released. I thought Nintendo shelved the idea even in Japan.

[quote name='danito']Why exactly is there a Pepsi DS?[/quote]

so people like this guy would buy it?

If I had to guess, I would say that Pepsi DS was probably some kind of contest prize.

That's Adol's collection. Ridiculously impressive collection. Check the thread over at DP he started yesterday about finishing his Lynx sealed collection for more information. He has many 1 of pieces in his collection. He really does not seem like he has many collections left to complete (I asked in the thread about it and I think he said he might go for a JP GC collection).

I collect a ton of PC Engine and TG stuff, so I particularly love that aspect of his collection (especially the darius alpha, the gold hucard, his Sample carts, etc)

Oh, and I thought Adol was from France and not the US?

[quote name='Puffa469']*edit* I had no idea that the Nintendo DD64 was ever released. I thought Nintendo shelved the idea even in Japan.[/QUOTE]

I knew it had been released in Japan from the days when I was really following all the big N64 news. (i.e. I wasn't reading much news back then.)

[quote name='Apossum']must be fun to...walk by and look at every once in a while?[/QUOTE]

You're either a collector or you ain't I guess. (I ain't.)

I'd be nervous my house would burn down and then I'd be out some insane amount of money plus things that can never be replaced. I'd guess he has insurance but I wonder if they'd really pay full market value on stuff like that?

collector is a euphemism for obsessive compulsive. (jk, there are plenty of normal collectors.)

of course, I'm not saying I wouldn't take it if it was all offered to me...but I'd sure as hell turn around and sell it to buy something practical :lol:

no way they'd pay full market value on all that. I just can't see an insurance rep giving the time of day to some guy who's like "d00d, look at ebay, its worth xyz"

They would almost certainly give what he paid. I am sure he has kept the reciepts. He has several items worth thousands each, so I am sure he keeps his records.

As for collecting, everyone wants to collect SOMETHING. He enjoys collecting the primo condition items and getting complete sets of everything he can. To each their own.

[quote name='raregamergirl']They would almost certainly give what he paid. I am sure he has kept the reciepts. He has several items worth thousands each, so I am sure he keeps his records.

As for collecting, everyone wants to collect SOMETHING. He enjoys collecting the primo condition items and getting complete sets of everything he can. To each their own.[/QUOTE]

I assumed wubb was wondering whether they would pay what the items are really worth, as opposed to what the guy paid in stores.

not criticizing him for being collector, just saying it's nuts :lol: but it's better than stacks of newspaper.

[quote name='wubb']I'd be nervous my house would burn down and then I'd be out some insane amount of money plus things that can never be replaced. I'd guess he has insurance but I wonder if they'd really pay full market value on stuff like that?[/quote]

It depends on what type of coverage it is. Some will pay you Fair Market Value.

[quote name='raregamergirl']That's Adol's collection. Ridiculously impressive collection. Check the thread over at DP he started yesterday about finishing his Lynx sealed collection for more information. He has many 1 of pieces in his collection. He really does not seem like he has many collections left to complete (I asked in the thread about it and I think he said he might go for a JP GC collection).

I collect a ton of PC Engine and TG stuff, so I particularly love that aspect of his collection (especially the darius alpha, the gold hucard, his Sample carts, etc)

Oh, and I thought Adol was from France and not the US?[/QUOTE]

So do you know if he actually plays anything?

I'm guessing he probably doesn't collect newer generations maybe because he plays them?

[quote name='danito']Why exactly is there a Pepsi DS?[/QUOTE]

Probably the same reason for:

GG_CONS_CocaCola.jpg

and

pepsiman1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkvSLzug3Nk

and so on..

I'd love to break into his house... not steal anything, but open every single one of his games.

He would probably cry, and then commit suicide shortly after.

bread's done
Back