Component Cable Crazyness

that is insane.... considering they will be in stores in a week or 2, and nintendo online is restocking soon as well....

DAMN, now I wish I got some. You think people will still be dumb enough to pay over retail when they're up on the nintendo store? I think I'll order two...

[quote name='SpazX']DAMN, now I wish I got some. You think people will still be dumb enough to pay over retail when they're up on the nintendo store? I think I'll order two...[/quote]

It was restricted to one per customer

Sheesh...ebay idiots never cease to amaze me. :roll:

I'd be happy if I could just get the freakin' console...I'll wait for the component cables.

No dumber than the PS3 bonanza. In 2007, which is just a few weeks away, it will be quite easy to find a PS3 for the retail price of $600. If someone pays $2500 for it now, it's basically the same as paying $1900 to rent a PS3 for the next 6 weeks.

And with these, people are paying $120 to rent component cables for 3 weeks.

What the fuqq man. These have to be people who are taking advantage of the stigma that the GC cables were hard to find and only online. Shit, this makes those $60 third party cables look like a bargain. If they did a simple search online I'm sure they could find what they want. But paying close to the price of a system for...video cables? Let 'em have it, they can obviously pay for them.

My stereo upconverts composite to component... so I'm ok without my cables for now, but they are on the way.

People are crazy with the way they spend money on Ebay.

[quote name='psunami']My stereo upconverts composite to component... so I'm ok without my cables for now, but they are on the way.

People are crazy with the way they spend money on Ebay.[/quote]

Uh, it's not upconverting everything. The signal coming out of the Wii if you're using composite cables will always be crappy. Just because you have it plugged into your stereo and then coming out of your stereo's component ports doesn't mean that you've got a component-quality picture.

Oh, and are the official s-video cables easy to find?

[quote name='evanft']Uh, it's not upconverting everything. The signal coming out of the Wii if you're using composite cables will always be crappy. Just because you have it plugged into your stereo and then coming out of your stereo's component ports doesn't mean that you've got a component-quality picture.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know that it's not as good as component cables. It's just looks a bit better than the composite cables directly into my TV. It's good enough to live with until I have the component ones hooked up.

PS3 cables are widely available, why aren't any for Nintendo? React, Griffin, official, Pelican, MadCatz - all MIA. It's ridiculous.

[quote name='anderton']PS3 cables are widely available, why aren't any for Nintendo? React, Griffin, official, Pelican, MadCatz - all MIA. It's ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Because no one has PS3s to plug them into. ;)

I really want these cables for Zelda. I don't mind playing the cartoon style games on the crap cables for now.

[quote name='TC']I really want these cables for Zelda. I don't mind playing the cartoon style games on the crap cables for now.[/quote]

Yeah, I've got no problem playing Wii Sports, but I don't own anything else - I could do Trauma Center, but it hasn't shipped from Toys R Us yet. Zelda looks like a 64 game on my projection screen with composites. It's awful.

LoL . I would be playing zelda but when I look at it using composites on a 42 inch LCD its insane its like borderline obscene to even look at it. Colors bleed, blurrines s on everything, omg why nintendo. I understand they are not on the HI DEF bandwagon , but whats so hard about mass producing component cables for launch release when they clearly had it for sale on the website. Its not like making consoles , component cable parts should be no problem to get or manufacture

as much as I want to play Zelda in 480p, I can wait on the cables and get them for $30+ when they readily available.

I may try to put an order through Nintendo before the 28th, and hope I get cables shipped to me.

I'm not very smart when it comes to all this video cable stuff. All I know is that I don't want to start playing Zelda until I can get the best picture. I just need the component cables to get the best picture possible on an HDtv, right?

Question:

There's "React" branded cables at BB for $25. Combined with a GGC, they would be $20.

Does ANYONE know if these fair comparably to the official ones? Which is a roundabout way of me asking - Can someone who has the official cable, can you buy these and compare it?

'Cuz I gotta tell ya, getting a comparable set for $20 is pretty awesome. Hell, having them as a backup set until the official ones come out would be nice.

I think the third party ones would be fine, if you can find one grab it.
Cables are pretty simple devices, despite what Monster™ wants you to think...

[quote name='porieux']I think the third party ones would be fine, if you can find one grab it.
Cables are pretty simple devices, despite what Monster™ wants you to think...[/QUOTE]

That's the feeling I get whenever I ask online.

Monster seems to think their cables ward off evil spirits and goblins found in copper wire.

I wonder when the React cables will appear, 'cuz at this point I'd be the guinea pig.

[quote name='Strell']Question:

There's "React" branded cables at BB for $25. Combined with a GGC, they would be $20.

Does ANYONE know if these fair comparably to the official ones? Which is a roundabout way of me asking - Can someone who has the official cable, can you buy these and compare it?

'Cuz I gotta tell ya, getting a comparable set for $20 is pretty awesome. Hell, having them as a backup set until the official ones come out would be nice.[/quote]

Have you physically seen React brand cables? If so, PM me and I will give you my offer.

bread's done
Back