Component Connection - All Systems

Pijaibros

CAGiversary!
Feedback
129 (100%)
Alright for some reason I am having the DAMNDEST time trying to find components connection for the Xbox, PS2, and GC.

I know that the one for the Gamecube is difficult to locate and can only be found from Nintendo themselves.

I've heard the Xbox has discontinued its Hi-Def pack and I am having no luck locating one. So I am guessing this one is true.

I don't know the status of the PS2 cable, but I am having trouble finding this as well.

I've tried many places online, visited various used shops, and scoured your usual B&M retailers in hope of findind a stray set. No dice, however.

Can anyone help in locating these suckers?

Out of curiosity what would be the best system selector/switcher to use with these systems? I also have a Dreamcast that I would like to connect with this as well, currently I use S-video with it is there a better cable?

I've had terrible feedback with 3rd party cables and I will never use them again. I stick to first party products only. Unfortunately I am having zero luck in locating them.

[quote name='Pijaibros']I've had terrible feedback with 3rd party cables and I will never use them again. I stick to first party products only. Unfortunately I am having zero luck in locating them.[/QUOTE]

Good, you've realized the most important thing. Third party cables suck most of the time... with the exception of Monster Cables of course.:)

They should be easier to find but they're more expensive than the official ones. I know they made some for the GC but those are impossible to find.

Your best bet is to check eBay for the official component cables.

I own that xbox/ps2 component one for madcatz no problem. ALthough I just use regular s-video for gcube. I wished they release a universal one along with cube also.

Most Best Buy's still sell the official Sony brand component cables for 29.99. They also have Psychlone (similar to monster) for 60 or 70. You might luck out and find a High Def pack at BBY, also, but they were clearanced out a while ago I believe.

Huh. I've almost exclusively used third party cables this gen. I've got s-video for N64 and DC, VGA for DC, and that Madcatz component cable for Xbox and PS2 and have had no problems whatsoever with quality or performance.

Your only option for the 'Cube is either wait for the Wii or buy the official component cables from Nintendo themselves or somewhere like lik-sang.

EDIT: Forgot to say that I only recently got an HDTV and component stuff. I had been using a universal s-video cable for N64, GC, Xbox, and PS2 with no issues at all. Still use it whenever I move systems around the house, but it's mostly for the N64 now.

[quote name='Pijaibros']

Out of curiosity what would be the best system selector/switcher to use with these systems? I also have a Dreamcast that I would like to connect with this as well, currently I use S-video with it is there a better cable?[/QUOTE]
I'd recommend the Joytech 240c. I found mine at BB for 90 and was able to use a GGC on it. It wasn't in the gaming section, it was closer to the DVD players and the smaller CRT sets.

http://www.lcvg.com/feature.php?ID=2

I'll keep an eye out for the selector. Most palces seem to only have cheapy ones on hand. I need something good, preferably with an automatic sensor or remote.

I've checked a couple of Best Buys and none have turned up anything. I was hoping there was a place online which had them in stock. I'd get Monsters, but they are just ridiculously overpriced.

And while I appreciate the 3rd party brand advice, I will have to vote against buying them. I've tried with several systems, different brands, and several sets. Always get the same result, grainy picture and terrible feedback.

Seems the S-video sets are everywhere (which I already have), but component has just vanished.

For me, cables with the gold end connectors seems to make the difference. I've used regular 3rd party ones (component, S-A/V, RCA) that look like total crap (dimmed picture, pixel rolling, etc), but 3rd party ones I've used that have quality cables and gold end connectors work just fine with no problems for me.

Oh yeah. Also although reg price on Sony brand PS2 component cables is $25, I saw 1 at Sam Goody's store closing sale (if there's any of those around you) and the price after percentages taken off was $15. If any of the Sam Goody's around you are closing, may want to check that out. I didn't get it though because I already had one.

And the store I went to also had 360 and Xbox component cables at $15 ea (after markdowns) too. No Gamecube though.

Psyclone makes good cables. I'd give them a shot. Monster does too.

Cables don't matter too much as long as they don't suck, but most 3rd party ones do. I'd go for official cables or the two I mentioned.

You can find the xbox HD pack at Lik-Sang.
You could also check for the used ones at your local eb or gamestop. The ps2 offical component cables you can find at CC or BB. The gamecube cables will be a challenge.

[quote name='Vinny']Good, you've realized the most important thing. Third party cables suck most of the time... with the exception of Monster Cables of course.:)

They should be easier to find but they're more expensive than the official ones. I know they made some for the GC but those are impossible to find.

Your best bet is to check eBay for the official component cables.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure monster never made GC component cables and neither has any of the other third parties(mad catz, pelican, etc.) However, there is a no name 3rd party one on ebay that has connections for cube, xbox, and ps2.

The 3rd party GC component cables are probably not component cables at all. I remember seeing stuff like that when I was searching, but they were always s-video or composite cables. They were very tricksy.

bread's done
Back