CompUSA $12.88 games

ricoraney

CAGiversary!
I visited a CompUSA in Menlo Park, NJ and found some really good finds in their clearance bin for $12.88. Amongst these gems I found the following:

Genji (I thought the best buy price @ $19.99 was good)-PS2
Darkwatch-XBOX
Tecmo Arcade-XBOX
Taito Arcade-XBOX
FIFA Street-XBOX
Brothers in Arms Road to 30 Hill-XBOX
Chronicles of Narnia-XBOX
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory-PS2(Original Box)
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory-PS2
Heroes of the Pacific-XBOX
Myst-XBOX(The latest version)
187 Ride or Die-PS2
Killer 7-PS2

I found a copy of Wario World for $24.99(last one)

My memory is not the best, I will update later.

[quote name='paz9x']why the fuck would you buy 5 copies of xx-2.....fucking 5?????? thanks for hording.[/QUOTE]
First of all you need to take that stupid ass symbol out of your posts. Corny as hell! Secondly, free enterprise! Besides, there's enough to go around. And why do you care you're on the other side of the friggin' country.

[quote name='ricdafric`']First of all you need to take that stupid ass symbol out of your posts. Corny as hell! Secondly, free enterprise! Besides, there's enough to go around. And why do you care you're on the other side of the friggin' country.[/quote]

Stupid ass symbol???? Only the greatest comedic game title of all time, and you call it a stupid ass symbol?

Besides, it's automated. It's the foul language filter.

I was able to grab:

Darkwatch(ps2)- $9.98
Parappa 2(ps2)- $9.98

I saw some other titles that were mentioned in the thread but a few didn't ring up at those low prices:

Darkwatch(xbox)- rang up at $20
The Warriors(xbox)- rang up at $40

I'll have to go back and have them ring up a few more items.

Last night, I went to CompUSA in Plantation, FL. Picked up Maximo, Onimusha Blade Warriors, and Front Mission 4, all for $4.98 each. Maximo (had a GH sticker on it that can be peeled off) and Front Mission 4 had no price tag on them. Onimusha had a $39.99 price tag. Total rang up to $15 and change. The cashier appeared shocked and took the games to customer service to make sure they were ringing up correctly (of course they were).

[quote name='mbstuff']Stupid ass symbol???? Only the greatest comedic game title of all time, and you call it a stupid ass symbol?

Besides, it's automated. It's the foul language filter.[/QUOTE]
It's all Love baby.

I Scored few games today at Compusa

Darkwatch (PS2) $4.99
Silent Hill 4 (PS2) $4.99
Dead to Rights (PS2) $4.99
Robotech: Invasion (PS2) $4.99
Gladiator: Sword of Vengence (PS2) $4.99
Splinter Cell (PS2) $0.98 ==> 1st game
Splinter Cell (PS2) $0.98
Splinter Cell (PS2) $0.98

My Total $29.87 after taxes.

I See alot PS2 Games & XBOX on clearance too

King of Fighters (PS2) 2000/2001 $9.99
Punisher (PS2) $9.99
tribes (PS2) $4.99
Arc the Lad: TOS (PS2) $4.99
Dynasty Tactics 2 (PS2) $9.99

The thing about the CompUSA sale is that there are so many price fluctuations that you have to really go up and have someone ring up the games. My CompUSA got so tired of us asking to ring up games, they set up a computer in the videogame section. Anytime you have a price question, they either go to that computer just tell you to go and check it out yourself. The problem is the computer isn't hooked up to the store's network, just to the internet. It is easier now to price match off their website but it doesn't help when you want a game for cheaper than that price.

Quick Question, does your CompUSA take the wrapping off the games? Every time there is a clearance, they take off the plastic, and put a big ass yellow sticker on the game case. Lol, why even bother. oh well

Went back, expecting to find nothing, but walked out with most of the following:

All $12.88 unless noted otherwise.

XBOX:

Batman Begins
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Torino 2006
The Warriors
Marc Ecko: Getting Up - Contents Under Pressure
Ultimate Spiderman
Without Warning
Dynasty Warriors 5
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
50 Cent: Bulletproof
007: From Russia With Love
Arx Fatalis $9.98
Project Gotham Racing 2 $9.98
Bloodwake $4.98
Star Wars - Obi-Wan (Non-PH) $4.98
Brute Force - $4.98

GC:

1080: Avalanche
King Kong
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance :shock:
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones :shock:
Gun

Also saw:

Jade Empire LE $8.88 (XBOX)
The Sims 2 $12.88 (XBOX)
The Sims: Bustin Out : $12.88 (XBOX)
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory $8.88 (XBOX)
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 $12.88 (XBOX)
Tony Hawk' Underground $12.88 (XBOX)
King Kong $12.88 (PS2)
Spiderman 2 $8.88 (XBOX)
From Russia With Love $12.88 (PS2, GC)

There was also a ton of PSP games marked down to $12.88 - I only remember DarkStalkers (?). The display cases were wiped clean for all consoles, so this is probably their last batch of clearance.

[quote name='depascal22']Where in Central Jersey?[/QUOTE]

Went to Edison & Springfield.

Springfield is absolute chaos. They have a bin when you walk in, and the games are all mixed in with routers, cables, and other nonsense. It was the best 10 minutes of what felt like dumpster diving. :lol: There isn't much left, but the manager said they were "getting around" to marking the rest of their inventory down.

Also, if anyone cares, I overheard that there is going to be another Midnight Madness sale on April 7th.

[quote name='djak1']Went to Edison & Springfield.

Springfield is absolute chaos. They have a bin when you walk in, and the games are all mixed in with routers, cables, and other nonsense. It was the best 10 minutes of what felt like dumpster diving. :lol: There isn't much left, but the manager said they were "getting around" to marking the rest of their inventory down.

Also, if anyone cares, I overheard that there is going to be another Midnight Madness sale on April 7th.[/QUOTE]
I went tonight and one of the clerks asked if I needed help. Based on my findings in other stores and what some CAGers of found, I started pointing out some titles in the case. He goes "Well, this one is blah blah blah" and so forth and so on. He didn't want to take the time out to scan them. He told me the same thing the manager told you. I guess I will be hitting up Edison tomorrow. What was left worth driving for? I live in Hillside and I have all three systems.

[quote name='djak1']Went back, expecting to find nothing, but walked out with most of the following:

All $12.88 unless noted otherwise.

XBOX:

Batman Begins
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Torino 2006
The Warriors
Marc Ecko: Getting Up - Contents Under Pressure
Ultimate Spiderman
Without Warning
Dynasty Warriors 5
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
50 Cent: Bulletproof
007: From Russia With Love
Arx Fatalis $9.98
Project Gotham Racing 2 $9.98
Bloodwake $4.98
Star Wars - Obi-Wan (Non-PH) $4.98
Brute Force - $4.98

GC:

1080: Avalanche
King Kong
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance :shock:
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones :shock:
Gun

Also saw:

Jade Empire LE $8.88 (XBOX)
The Sims 2 $12.88 (XBOX)
The Sims: Bustin Out : $12.88 (XBOX)
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory $8.88 (XBOX)
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 $12.88 (XBOX)
Tony Hawk' Underground $12.88 (XBOX)
King Kong $12.88 (PS2)
Spiderman 2 $8.88 (XBOX)
From Russia With Love $12.88 (PS2, GC)

There was also a ton of PSP games marked down to $12.88 - I only remember DarkStalkers (?). The display cases were wiped clean for all consoles, so this is probably their last batch of clearance.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I just came back from the San Francisco (Stonestown Galleria) store and picked up Area 51 (PS2) and Batman Begins (PS2) for $9.98 each.

I was planning on buying the a lot of the titles mentioned above, but they all seemed to be scanning in at full price.

Maybe these prices are YMMV?

GP

Checked my local CompUSA in Fresno CA for Oblivion, but came out with Dynasty Warriors ($15) for the PSP instead.

They had a few other things on the clearance racks:
Taito Legends (PS2 & PC) $10
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (PC & GC) $10
lots of MLB, World Tour Soccer and Gretsky (PSP) $15
Without Warning $10
Darkwatch $15

I might have to go do some price checking tomorrow just to see if they have simular prices to other stores *Crosses fingers*

If anyone wants to trade their Darkwatch, please PM me

[quote name='Jedi1979']dont have any extra hulks (xbox) by any chance do ya;)[/QUOTE]

Sorry my friend, but if I come across another one, I'll pick one up for you. :)

[quote name='ricoraney']I went tonight and one of the clerks asked if I needed help. Based on my findings in other stores and what some CAGers of found, I started pointing out some titles in the case. He goes "Well, this one is blah blah blah" and so forth and so on. He didn't want to take the time out to scan them. He told me the same thing the manager told you. I guess I will be hitting up Edison tomorrow. What was left worth driving for? I live in Hillside and I have all three systems.[/quote]

There were multiple copies of The Sims, Splinter Cell, Jade Empire, etc. all for XBOX. I didn't look through the PS2 games, but the bin was full, as was the case for PSP. The GC were all mixed in with everything else, but if I remember correctly, they had multiple copies of King Kong, and Gun.

[quote name='gunpanther']Maybe these prices are YMMV?[/quote]

More than likely, they are YMMV. It all depends on whether or not your local store has gotten around to marking down the games. Per the CSR I talked to yesterday, everything on clearance has been discontinued (the chain is no longer going to be carrying the title) - that combined with the space they are making for the newer games and consoles = "clearance."

[quote name='mbstuff']The highlight had to be all the "you're a retard" and "you're crazy" and "get a job" looks from about 50 customers and 4 employees while I was waiting in line with my cart.[/quote]

I totally hear you on that! When I was at CompUSA first one of the employees who was clearly stupid came up to me and my brother, saw our stack of games and said in an "I know it all" attitude voice "These games won't go for much on Ebay. I hate every game in this bin."
I just looked at him and laughed. I bought the games dirt cheap to play, obviously I am not trying to make a profit on mediocre games. Then when I got on line I had everyone giving me the same looks that you got. The cashier was pissed off too. She saw my stack, huffed and puffed and gave me an attitude when i asked her for price checks. She just read the labels off of the games and I was like those aren't the prices can you please scan them for me because a lot of them come up for cheaper than the label says. Then when I knew which ones I wanted she started saying how tired she was of having to open up the security cases, she had been doing it all day for "these people" I guess "these people" means us gamers.
As a gamer, I always have such rough shopping experiences most places I go.

Gamers are so mistreated and misunderstood.
Being a gamer is just not easy!
Maybe I should change my signature :)

[quote name='serum79']Then when I knew which ones I wanted she started saying how tired she was of having to open up the security cases, she had been doing it all day for "these people" I guess "these people" means us gamers.

Being a gamer is just not easy![/QUOTE]

I think we've all been there... doesn't help that FW has dirtied the search for a good deal forever. but it just makes it all the more special when you find that one truly great deal on a hard-to-find game that no one else would appreciate.

Then when I got on line I had everyone giving me the same looks that you got. The cashier was pissed off too. She saw my stack, huffed and puffed and gave me an attitude when i asked her for price checks. She just read the labels off of the games and I was like those aren't the prices can you please scan them for me because a lot of them come up for cheaper than the label says. Then when I knew which ones I wanted she started saying how tired she was of having to open up the security cases, she had been doing it all day for "these people" I guess "these people" means us gamers.

Being a gamer is just not easy!
Maybe I should change my signature :)[/QUOTE]

I totally hear you! This happened one time during those Toys R Us sale buy 2 get 1 free. I only buy the RPG games since their collection value is pretty high most of the time. My cashier was totally giving me attitude stating, "R U reselling these because there might be a limit...." I had to tell them I"m getting them for my personal collection. It's not like I"m buying 18 copies of the same title! I even thought about complaining to the managers for rude customer service, but let it go. Now, you can get most games at least 30% off retail in new condition on Ebay anywayz! So I only shop in retail outlet if I really think its a deal!

[quote name='kimmeenjee']...Then when I knew which ones I wanted she started saying how tired she was of having to open up the security cases, she had been doing it all day for "these people" I guess "these people" means us gamers.[/quote]
If she was so tried, why didn't she tell her store manager to leave the games uncased :bouncy:

[quote name='djak1']Went to Edison & Springfield.

Also, if anyone cares, I overheard that there is going to be another Midnight Madness sale on April 7th.[/quote]

thanks, i might try the palisades mall one if the uconn game gets out of hand. maybe paramus if traffic isn't too bad

Stopped at CompUSA looking at laptops. Noticed they had a bin that stated "All 'managers special' game buy 1 get 1 free!".

Dug through the bin and found some good deals.

WipeoutPure PSP
Hot Shots Golf PSP
Darkstalkers Chronicles PSP
SW Episode 3 NDS

Got all of these for $68.
icon10.gif

If you are a Cube fan it was a wetdream. DonkeyKonga 2 with bongos, Fire Emblem, PoP:TTT all in the bin as well.

I went to the Plano, TX CompUSA on 75 and saw a bunch of PS2 titles for a good price. Picked up a Darkwatch. Here is what I saw.

PS2 - All 9.99
NFL Street
Brother in Arms Road to Hill 30
Without Warning
Need For Speed
Darkwatch
50 Cent Bulletproof
Fantastic Four
Fight Club
Ultimate Spiderman
Metal Arms Glitch in the System
Max Payne 2
Lord of the Ring Return of the King
Killer 7
Ghost Recon 2
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Crash Twinsanity
Silent Hill 4
Torino 2006

I would be willing to go back and pick some up as part of a trade for The Warriors, From Russia with Love, and Jade Empire.

Thanks for the post!!!
I went to Edison CompUSA (I know I'm late) and picked up:
Madden 06 (last one, NGC)
Tiger Woords 06 (also last one, NGC)
Torino 2006 (xbox)
RB6-Lockdown (xbox)

These are some titles I did not pick up but available:
From Russia w/ Love (xbox, NGC)
Splinter cell (the last one...was it chaos theory?) (NGC, PC)
Brothers in Arms (PS2)
The Incredibles
NFL Street 2

[quote name='DX']
If you are a Cube fan it was a wetdream. DonkeyKonga 2 with bongos, Fire Emblem, PoP:TTT all in the bin as well.[/QUOTE]

ah, you wouldn't be willing to pick up an extra copy of fire emblem and PoP:TTT for me, would you? :D

[quote name='myqq']Thanks for the post!!!
I went to Edison CompUSA (I know I'm late) and picked up:
Madden 06 (last one, NGC)
Tiger Woords 06 (also last one, NGC)
Torino 2006 (xbox)
RB6-Lockdown (xbox)

These are some titles I did not pick up but available:
From Russia w/ Love (xbox, NGC)
Splinter cell (the last one...was it chaos theory?) (NGC, PC)
Brothers in Arms (PS2)
The Incredibles
NFL Street 2[/QUOTE]
myqq,

Where is the Edison Compusa?

[quote name='mprice']myqq,

Where is the Edison Compusa?[/QUOTE]
It's on Route 1. If you're coming South on the Garden State Parkway you need to get off on Exit 130 (Trenton) which is 1&9 South. Take that down about 3-5 miles. You will see Comp USA on your left, along with PC Richards & Son and a Chuck E Cheese. You will have to make a U-turn since you will be heading South and it's on the North side.

simple minds and free time

several others I found here in L.A.

All $9.98 - All PS2

187 Ride or Die
50 Cent Bulletproof
Darkwatch - snag
L.A. Rush - snag
Medal of Honor - European Assault - snag
Shadow of Rome - snag
Ultimate Spiderman - sold out

CompUSA (5th ave, Manhattan)

Psi Ops (PS2)
Front Mission 4 (PS2)
Ghost Hunter (PS2)

I noticed some Genji's there but there was no evidence of it's price.

Anyone know if any DS games are being clearanced?

Well, I had been ignoring this sale because it is almost always a waste of time when I go to CompUSA "sales". However I wasn't aware this was a true clearance with them making room for new stuff. I went to the one in Tigard, OR tonight (Tues) and they had reduced their game section by about 2/3 - almost like they weren't going to carry games any more. I hadn't noticed on my way in the giant bin in the front marked "All games $9.98".

But all that was in there was utter crap - I can't believe people are still finding Fire Emblem or Donkey Konga, or even things like Ultimate Spiderman and Hulk UD. All I saw was a bunch of Rogue Ops, Gladiator Sword of Vengeance, and many other games like that, and a bunch of old sports games. I guess the best thing they had was Batman Begins for PS2. Granted, they had a TON of games. But most of this stuff was $2-$4 at Circuit City the last few months. Maybe I missed the good stuff - had I known this was a TRUE clearance sale and system-wide I would have gone sooner! Maybe I'll check out another location later this week. Though it still seems YMMV with actual selection and pricing store-to-store.

Wow, what a difference today from what I saw at the other CompUSA yesterday. Today I went to the new one in Clackamas, OR. They had NO indication of a sale at all, and Fire Emblem for GC rang up $44.99. I also checked Narnia for GC - $24.99. Can't get much more YMMV than that :D.

Presumably, this store being new, they didn't have the huge stock of older crappy games. But they had many of the games people have been getting for $12 or $10 (Fire Emblem, Narnia, Hulk UD, Ult Spiderman, etc). I guess the store manager there decided they didn't need to clear them out.

I went back for a second run a few days ago and came out with the following

Advent Rising (PC) $9.99
Darkwatch (PS2) $9.99

I was also able to pricematch The Warriors & Dynasty Warriors 5 for Xbox and came back with the 'marked Manager's Price' which was $39.99 & $29.99 respectfully. Since I didn't feel like harassing the sales staff anymore after this, decided to call it a day with my meager but good haul

It was hilarious... I went to the CompUSA in Clearwater, FL, and first thing I saw was a rack that said "Clearance games, buy 1 get 1 free" with MGS 3: Snake Eater for $26.88, Bloodrayne 2 for 46.88, and a ton of 2005 sports games at $30.

I almost walked out, but went over to the games and found a TON of these "Managers Specials"

Darkwatch (ps2) - $9.98 (bought two, no more left)
Area 51 (ps2) - $9.98 (last one)
Splinter Cell (ps2) - 98 cents!!!!! (last one, surprised it was there)

I also saw Ultimate Spider-Man at $9.98 (was sold out), Incredible Hulk for $19.98, Marvel Nemesis for $9.98, Silent Hill 4 for $9.98, and some other games.

Not too bad. The signs were dated 3 / 25 / 06 so my CompUSA must have recently started this sale.

[quote name='io']Wow, what a difference today from what I saw at the other CompUSA yesterday. Today I went to the new one in Clackamas, OR. They had NO indication of a sale at all, and Fire Emblem for GC rang up $44.99. I also checked Narnia for GC - $24.99. Can't get much more YMMV than that :D.
[/QUOTE]

No go in Tustin, CA too....

Is Fire Emblem 13 bucks anywhere else?

So I went to two other CompUSA's in Tampa... what a shitty selection at both.

Fire Emblem was on managers special as $44.98... what a deal!!!

Even after having it scanned, it was still $44.98.

The 5th ave CompUSA had a midnight madness sale starting at 6pm but the fliar didn't mention anything but PC games having any deals so I didn't bother going back in after work.

I realy do hate that store because they ignore their game section so horribly. Aside froma bunch of Xbox sports games and a few of the PS2 games I meantioned they didn't bother to put any of the other clerance games in the bin so i can't even be sure if the DS games mentioned here are also the same price there, and they literally seem to only have 5 PSP games for sale... not 5 titles... 5 ENTIRE GAMES.

Picked up an original cover Devil May Cry for $4.98 . It was marked $9.98 though. Also picked up Street Figher 15th Anniversary PS2 for 9.98. I might drop by another to see if they have Front Mission 4.

My local CompUSA had 5 or 6 racks of games with "50% off all clearance games" signs on them.

I picked up:
Spiderman 2 (Xbox) $9.99
CSI (Xbox) $9.49
Darkwatch (Xbox) $9.99
LA Rush (Xbox) $9.99
Dynasty Tactics 2 (PS2) $4.99
Echo Night Beyond (PS2) $2.49
Ghost Hunter (PS2) $2.49
Darkwatch (PS2) $4.99 (for trade, if anyone wants it)

I ended up getting some decent games from this...

Capcom vs. SNK 2 (XB) - $9.98
King of Fighters 00/01 (PS2) - $9.98
Alien Hominid (PS2) - $4.98
Echo Night Beyond (PS2) - $4.98
Final Fantasy X-2 - $4.98
Ghosthunter - $4.98
Battle Engine Aquila (PS2) - $4.98
X-Files: Resist or Serve - $4.98
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude (XB) - $16.98

Also saw Drakengard for $9.98 but already had it.

Found a few things at my local compusa. They are getting rid of all GC stuff. So they had a bunch of games for it.

Donkey Konga 2 9.99 (about 5 copies)
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat 9.99 (about 8 copies)
Metroid Prime Echos 19.99 (hardly seems like a deal to me, hope it goes to 9.99)

this from the fresno ca store.

I could KILL compusa right about now.

I found all these in the game section---

--Death by Degrees -- $4.99
--Street Fighter Anniversery PS2 -- 9.99
--Darkwatch PS2 -- 9.99
--Capcom vs. Snk 2 EO Xbox -- 9.99
--Jampack -- 1.99 (was going to use the case for a disc only game)

brought up the display cases to the cashier, who handed them off to someone else. the guy came back and said all the games were discontinued and that they didn't have any of them in stock! :bomb:

[quote name='boyboy1080']i judt bought 50 cent bullet proof for 10 dollars at my local comp usa[/quote]

now why would you do that?! lol

man i have to replenished my Devil May Cry games, i lent them to someone and he took off! bastard!!!

[quote name='DuckM4n']now why would you do that?! lol

man i have to replenished my Devil May Cry games, i lent them to someone and he took off! bastard!!![/quote]

well i traded the 50 cent game for god of war

[quote name='boyboy1080']well i traded the 50 cent game for god of war[/quote]

Nice move. The only problem is that you're encouraging a sequel to that piece of garbage.

[quote name='depascal22']Nice move. The only problem is that you're encouraging a sequel to that piece of garbage.[/QUOTE]

it was inevitable...even if the game sold like crap, some evil market analyst would be like "hmmm...gamers seem to hate 50 cent...lets torture them with more of that crap" and get a publisher to put out another copy.

bread's done
Back