CompUSA 5-Hour Star Wars Video Games and DVD Sale FRIDAY ONLY

Goodtone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Friday only!!!! CompUSA 5-Hour Star Wars Video Games and DVD Sale

The sale happens from 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM, during which time you can buy these games for $29.99 each:

Star Wars: Episode III for PS2 or XBox
Star Wars: KOTR II for PC
Star Wars: Battlefront for PS2 or XBox or PC
Star Wars: Republic Commando for XBox or PC

You can also get either Episode I or II DVDs for $9.99 each, and the Original Trilogy DVD for $39.99.

Additionally, you can register for a one-of-a-kind Master Replicas pre-production Darth Vader Episode III helmet, valued at $3000

Here is a link for more info: http://www.compusa.com/specials/darkside/default.asp?cmid=top

Have a ball and enjoy....

I'm all over that......at Best Buy on a price match hopefully as I have $20 in rewards certificates and a $5 off coupon from the gamer gift card. You know how we do!

[quote name='THE DARK KNIGHT']I'm all over that......at Best Buy on a price match hopefully as I have $20 in rewards certificates and a $5 off coupon from the gamer gift card. You know how we do![/QUOTE]

Do you think Best Buy will pm a 5 hour special? If you have any luck, let us know.

The Best Buy near me will price match anything..... You could always just tell them that you want to purchase the items there because you want to get the points applied to your Reward Zone card... Tell them you are a repeat customer and you like getting the points on your card. It worked great for me several times in the past at Best Buy. With a copy of the ad on that link I put at the top, you should be able to do it during those same hours..

[quote name='Rob26Smith']why not price match it to CC and get an additional 10% off the difference (10% of entire order if the rep is not very smart)[/QUOTE]

I am actually going to try and price match it at CC in a few minutes. I'll let everyone know if it works when I get back from Lunch.

Edit: Just got back. A no go because its a 5 hr sale. Well looks like the wifey will have to make the trip to CompUsa for me again.

[quote name='dago2727']I am actually going to try and price match it at CC in a few minutes. I'll let everyone know if it works when I get back from Lunch.

Edit: Just got back. A no go because its a 5 hr sale. Well looks like the wifey will have to make the trip to CompUsa for me again.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. I'm gonna try Best Buy later on. Hopefully they'll do it. If they won't do it, maybe I'll get Splinter Cell Chaos Theory CE for GC instead.

[quote name='Daz9402']Episode III for me... I can always trade it in....[/QUOTE]

GameStop is only offering $28 for it as of 2 days ago.

[quote name='cheapass Gundam']GameStop is only offering $28 for it as of 2 days ago.[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's when you have to find 3 other things to trade-in so that you get the 40% boost up to $39.20. Thankfully I had another game (an extra Taiko Drum Master), some old PS1 game and a crappy DVD that I didn't want anymore.

I PM'd this at BB with no problems. So I got KOTOR II PC for $29.99 because I don't own an Xbox. I kinda liked KOTOR I for PC though, it was really easy clicking on feats and spells with the mouse.

I am glad to hear it worked out for you. Most of the time, BB is cool about price matching. I picked up Republic Commando for xbox. I am so busy playing Forza i don't have that much interest in other games other than my usual halo 2 xbox live rumble pit sessions. Republic Commando is supposed to be kind of like halo so i will give it a spin.

[quote name='Scahom1']KOTOR 2 for XB and I would have been all over this. Episode 3 is a amazing deal![/QUOTE]

I've posted a deal for it at Fry's for $29.99 a couple of week ago. It's not part of a sale or anything, I'm pretty sure it's the permanent price at Fry's. I'm not sure if this is YMMV or if it's throughout all Fry's, but most people said their Fry's had it for $29.99 too. Give Fry's a try :)

::EDIT:: http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49759&highlight=$29.99+fry's

I had to work till 8pm tonite so i went to compusa at 10am in hopes of picking it up then taking it back and getting price adjusted when it was on sale and they shot me down. I called up one circuit city and they told me straight out no due to it only being a 5 hour sale. I tried another Cc went to this one picked up 1 copy of Episode 3 for ps2 and 1 for xbox and tried to get republic commando which was behind the counter. He told me he really shouldnt price match the 2 copies of Sith because he should call up compusa and they probably were out of it. I asked if i could get Republic commando and he told me no he would only pricematch 2. I went to walmart with my ad and picked up all 3 then got a extra copy for this kid who was trying to get his dad to buy it

Yeah so I went to CompUSA for this "SALE" to get Episode 1 & 2 on DVD for $9.99 each and they didn't have either movie, ANY of the games mentioned, nor any mention of the sale at all!

Grr.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Yeah so I went to CompUSA for this "SALE" to get Episode 1 & 2 on DVD for $9.99 each and they didn't have either movie, ANY of the games mentioned, nor any mention of the sale at all!

Grr.[/QUOTE]

See, that's why I didn't drive 10 miles out of my way last night to go to CUSA. It wasn't worth the time and trouble even to call and check, actually.

They had stacks of games and DVD's on a big table at my CompUSA and they were having some give-aways. They even had Episode III for Nintendo DS for $20 off (it wasn't shown in the ad) and it's the best version of the game.

[quote name='Goodtone']They had stacks of games and DVD's on a big table at my CompUSA and they were having some give-aways. They even had Episode III for Nintendo DS for $20 off (it wasn't shown in the ad) and it's the best version of the game.[/QUOTE]

See, now that's why I *considered* going to CUSA last night :D.

No, seriously, I would definitely have picked up the DS Ep III for $20 off (I assume it was $20 then?) as my GR doesn't seem to be getting it in... Of course, I had no idea it was even a potential part of the sale till you posted this after the fact :D.

But CUSA has been SO YMMV on these things it probably wouldn't have been at the one near me anyway... or at least that's what I'll conclude so as not to think I missed a great deal!

bread's done
Back