CompUSA 6 hour sale 5/27 6pm-12am!!!

Entire ad:

527mmemail14ku.jpg

527mmemail20zp.jpg

527mmemail34iv.jpg

compUSSR is notorious for increasing prices and then having ridiculous rebates on them to make it look good.

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99']Im still waiting for my rebate from 1999.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA

I don't think you will be getting it. :)

they have gotten a LOT better on MIR's because of the recent court settlements. the 10 pack of dvd-r's for $2 and the 200GB hd for $90+tax OTD seem to be pretty good

^^^CompUSA is still pretty stingy about honoring rebates. Back in December I sent one in off the printed rebate receipt and a few weeks later I got a letter stating they denied my rebate because "Item was purchased after the rebate period expired" which isn't even possible since the rebate is printed on the receipt with the expiration date! Amazingly, when I called the number on the letter, without argument they quickly said they would send the rebate and I got it a couple weeks later.

Similar thing happened with eb games and they said they would send the rebate, but still have not months later. I'm still trying to get my rebate from eb!

The TV in the ad is pretty ok. You can't see anything if you are looking up at it though and it doesn't have HD component in... Otherwise, it's not too bad of a TV especially at that price.

You can get a CRT based 55" Projection TV from Mitsubishi (makers of some of the best RPTVS in the world) for like $1400 bucks. 1000:1 contrast ratio? That sucks ass........

[quote name='Mind_n_Soul']does that hd work with ps2 hd loader?[/QUOTE]Yes, maxtor drives work, but the older version of the software doesn't show more than the first 127 GB. I don't know about the newer versions.

[quote name='gsr']compUSSR is notorious for increasing prices and then having ridiculous rebates on them to make it look good.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was just checking on ebay. I can find all of that shit for 10-20 less than they have it.

I don't know if it's still going but staples had the same hdd's for $70 after $30 mail-in. I almost got one then the manager pointed out a 250 gig on clearance for $87.50 straight up... I bought it.

Im actually thinking of picking the Compaq Laptop for 500..

Any opinions?

ive never bought anything from CompUSA,
do they really have that low credentials on rebate systems?

Thanks to the OP and the person who posted a picture of the ad. The deal on the Sandisk Cruzer Micro 512 MB USB drive was incredible. Not only was it on sale for half price ($29.99) as seen in the ad, a $15 mail-in-rebate form also printed out with the receipt. Getting a 512 MB USB drive for $15 after MIR is downright incredible.

bread's done
Back