CompUSA Ad 12/19

It's probably the same deal they had last week. Up to 90% off random games (seems to vary greatly per store) plus some of them have rebates.

Last week I went to a CompUSA here in NJ and bought 32 PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube games, and 1 GBA game at $4.88 each. The best part is that 21 of the games had $10 mail in rebates, so they are paying ME to take them hehe.

I went to 3 other CompUSAs looking for more of the same deal but none of them had any games for less than $9.99.

Here's a partial list off the top of my head:

Gladius
Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter
R-Type Final
Fire Warrior
Blowout
Chaos Legion
Shadow Man 2
XIII
Starsky and Hutch
Armored Core 3
Armored Core Silent Line
Whiplash
Roadkill
Brotherhood of Steel
Red Faction 2
Hunter the Reckoning
D&D Heroes
Freedom Fighters
Wrath Unleashed
Summoner 2

I saw that Excitebike for GBA was one of the games pictured next to the 4.99 clearance in the ad but when I went to Comp USA it was 19.99? What gives?

Just came back from compusa in woodland hills, ca..
Every game they had on the clearance table rang up at regular price, even the old madden 2002, and other 2002-3 sports titles rang up at 14.88.

Gamcube players chioice titles, and ps2/xbox greatest hits titles were on the table, they all rang up at regular price. No sale on games at that store.

I just got back from Compusa in Emeryville.

First of all, this sale is misleading. The customer service girl told me its a sale in which games are STARTING at $4.99. That means, some of the games are $4.99 but others are higher. My local Compusa failed to sticker the ones that are at $4.99.

There was a table filled with games and there was a buy 2 get 1 free Managers special. Unfortunately, all the games that were on the table were junky titles like Spawn Armageddon (Xbox), NFL 2K3, Drake, etc...

So in a word, dont waste your time.

Yeah, I just got back from trying for the Eternal Darkness. Complete waste of time.

I'll be staying far, far away from CompUSA from now on.

I don't consider what I got a waste of my time. I bought 32 games and paid a total of about $167 with tax. I got $210 in rebates, which may or may not be in CompUSA giftcards. They don't really say, not that I care much either way. Sure many of the games are total crap most likely, but when they are paying me to take them, maybe I will find a gem in there. Plus I got some I've wanted to try like Freedom Fighters and Wrath Unleashed and some more I liked but already own and can give as gifts such as Gladius and Brotherhood of Steel.

But like I said I went to 4 CompUSAs total and only 1 of them had anything worthwhile. The other 3 had nothing marked down below 9.99 and the stuff that was 9.99 was total garbage anyway. Most of the halfway decent stuff was still in the 14.99-19.99 range. Also as far as I can tell there is no way to tell what is on rebate until the receipts print out. I didn't even know there WERE rebates until my first bunch of purchases when they all started printing out at the register.

All the ones I bought had big white stickers right smack in the middle of the box saying "Video Game Blowout $4.88" and then a UPC# SKU# and 12/9/2004 on it. They even restocked since my initial visit was last Sunday and when I went back again this past Saturday they had some games they didn't have the first time. Other CompUSAs I went to had lots of "Manager's Special" stickered stuff but nothing worth getting.

I can tell you that in my second wave of purchases the following had $10 mail in rebates (my first wave was already sent in so I no longer have the forms):

Fugitive Hunter, Gladiator, Shadowman 2, Hidden Invasion, Blowout, P.N. 03, Xfiles, Drake, Chaos Legion, NHL Hitz 2003, The Two Towers (GBA).

Most of the good games should be gone by now (this deal started last weekend).

Marvel vs. capcom 2 (ps2) $29.99
Resident Evil Code Veronica X (GC) $29.99
Otogi (Xbox) $19.99

Those were the best deals I found...

[quote name='crowbb']I don't consider what I got a waste of my time. I bought 32 games and paid a total of about $167 with tax. I got $210 in rebates, which may or may not be in CompUSA giftcards. [/quote]

Are you sure there isn't a limit of how many rebates you can claim for this? Usually it is limited by household to a couple tops.

[quote name='crowbb']Armored Core Silent Line[/quote]
So lucky. I want that game so bad but can't find it for less than 20 around here. Normally that would fine but having just paid full price for Nexus a month ago my Armored Core addiction fund is running dry.

The rebates say limit 1 per SKU#. Since I didn't buy any doubles I don't expect any problems. It even says about multiple submissions that you can only put one per envelope so I assume multiple is fine. Though I do see one problem now that I read closer. "Rebate will not exceed purchase price." So I guess I'll only be getting $4.88 per game instead of $10. Oh well that works for me too.

[quote name='lostgames'][quote name='crowbb']I don't consider what I got a waste of my time. I bought 32 games and paid a total of about $167 with tax. I got $210 in rebates, which may or may not be in CompUSA giftcards. [/quote]

Are you sure there isn't a limit of how many rebates you can claim for this? Usually it is limited by household to a couple tops.[/quote]

[quote name='Kuma']i know its not a game deal but im sure that my fellow PC gamers can appreciate a 400 gb hd for 200 bucks[/quote]

I usually shoot for $.50 per gig when looking for cheapass storage. it usually involves a MIR

bread's done
Back