Compusa Clearance Games/DVD's 50% off today

lorddct

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
YMMV

Was at comp usa picking up Kingdom Hearts II and found that they had a rack of games for 50% off.

The ones I noticed were

Prices are without the 50% discount/Prices after discount
My prices may be a little off and I'm sorry if it is.

PSP

$30/$15
Ape Escape Acedemy
Coded Arms
Ridge Racer

Don't remember prices
The Con
Fifa Street
Nba street

Untold Legents
Gretzky
Tony Hawk UG 2
MLB Baseball
thanks (joserjerr)

UMD
$15/$8
Hitch
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

PS2
$9.99/$5
Ultimate Spiderman

$24.99/$13
Fight night round 2

Unknown
Darkwatch
Craves Poker game
And a bunch of others I just don't remember

Xbox
Don't remember price
the utlimate marvel nemesis
Shenmue

Darkwatch
The Warriors
AREA 51
NBA Street V3 (I think I picked up the last one)
Gauntlet : Seven Sorrows ( I also may have picked up the last one)
Shadow Ops : Red Mercury
SSX On Tour
Flatout ( I think there are one or two left)
NFL Street 2
thanks (joserjerr)

Gauntlet : Seven Sorrows (XBOX) 17.94
The Warriors (XBOX) 9.98
NBA Street V3 (XBOX) 9.94
thanks (joserjerr)

Also a few DS and GC games

DVD's

$50/$25
24 Season 2 (Saw 3 copies)

Don't remember
Viva la bam (A lot of copies)
and a few others I don't remember

This is at compusa Stevens Creek, CA across from Santanna Row and Valley Fair.

An Associate told us the clearance rack are 50% on weekends and during the week it's 10%. So I'm not certain if it's this weekend only.

It's a pretty nice selection so unless someone hordes everything most should be able to get a copy of something.

Kingdom Hearts II 1 copy left at this Comp Usa, I already scored the other one.

The Cell phone deal was dead when I went, though they say they might be getting more stock Monday? Not completely certain, was just overhearing another sales associate.

Most of the XBOX and PS2 games are going to be under $10 and the PSP games will be $14 or cheaper except on some variations like Gauntlet.
thanks (joserjerr)

pm josejerr If anyone is interested in any games he's willing to go back and pick someting up as he's looking to trade for a few games.
Lego Star Wars
Psychonauts
America's Army
PM (joserjerr)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=15376

ahhh, that is the only compusa I know of. I think I've only been in there once without buying anything. Anyways, the selection of games aren't that great but good none the less if anyone was looking for them. Was Kingdom hearts 2 $30?

i think we need a compusa clearance thread...all their stuff is YMMV, but we get a bunch of posts a week about the store.

Yea KH2 was in fact $30. If you ask for a price check the $20 dollars off doesn't show up until you purchase it. Kind of strange if you ask me.

I love my CompUSA. A Gamecube inside a severely battered box, with "missing power cord" written on it, for the low low price of 99.99.

And it was a Manager's Special.

Yoshi don't know either, no one has confirmed or denied anything. I just saw it at that local Comp Usa and from what I hear clearance item prices is just YMMV. So it's hard to tell if the same 50% off clearance items are going on at another comp usa.

I think it was last week I saw a clearance bin at the Totowa, NJ CompUSA. It had Tiger Woods 05 for the PSP for lke $13.XX as well as some other games but I did not see a 50% off tag or sign. I'll check later.

Just got back from the CompUSA in San Jose on Stevens Creek and they still have plenty of inventory.
The rack is clearly marked 50% off and is immdieately to the left when you walk in the door. I had to pull back my spending but I'll at least list osme of the games that people may be interested in.

Most of the XBOX and PS2 games are going to be under $10 and the PSP games will be $14 or cheaper except on some variations like Gauntlet.

I picked up:

NFL Street 2 (PSP) 13.94
NBA Street : Show (PSP) 13.94
Gauntlet : Seven Sorrows (XBOX) 17.94
The Warriors (XBOX) 9.98
NBA Street V3 (XBOX) 9.94
Ultimate Spiderman (PS2) 4.94

XBOX

Darkwatch
The Warriors
AREA 51
NBA Street V3 (I think I picked up the last one)
Gauntlet : Seven Sorrows ( I also may have picked up the last one)
Shadow Ops : Red Mercury
SSX On Tour
Flatout ( I think there are one or two left)
NFL Street 2

PSP

Untold Legents
Gretzky
Tony Hawk UG 2
MLB Baseball
Coded Arms

If anyone is interested I'll go back and pick someting up as I'm looking to trade for a few games.

Lego Star Wars
Psychonauts
America's Army
I'm sure there are more I haven't though of yet.

Thanks again OP.

I'll be going to pick up KHII for $30 (hopefully they have a copy left). I remember seeing this bin of clearence items before with some goodies I passed up thinking I'll get them later. The bin's been gone since then, hopefully it's back now though.:)

Thanks OP.

I stopped by my CompUSA (Charlotte, NC: South Blvd.) today and they didn't have a 50% sale or anything. They had a small bin near the enterance with random items on clearance. The only game was THUG on the Xbox for $7.50.

I also completely forgot to check if they had Kingdom Hearts 2.

KH2 is $30 on this weekend ad. $49.99 - $20 instant Saving = $29.99. Yeap, you can use the ad and pricematch with CC or Sears to save an extra $3 ;)

PS. You can Print out the Compusa this weekend ad from compusa.com (Local Store Ad).

[quote name='Strell']I love my CompUSA. A Gamecube inside a severely battered box, with "missing power cord" written on it, for the low low price of 99.99.

And it was a Manager's Special.[/QUOTE]
haha! I dont miss my CompUSA at all.

The CompUSA in Blossom Hill still has a factory sealed GBA (the original one) with e-Reader... I'm tempted, but I doubt I could turn a profit off of it.

[quote name='djkunai']The employees there make me cry out of the fact that they get paid to work there.[/quote]

Quick story about some CompUSA employees:

Stopped in mid-day, there were no other customers at the check-out besides myself and the guy in front of me. One employee was working a cash register, and another employee was standing about ten feet away, looking at us. Turns out the guy needed a gift certificate, so the employee working the register leaves for at least five minutes, and the entire time, the other employee stood there, looking at us, or looking around the store. Numerous other employees were either standing and chatting, or walked by, looked at us, and kept walking. If I hadn't wanted the games I was buying at the time, I would've set them down and walked right out of the store.

I find it pathetic that no one would bother taking one minute to ring up my two items so I could get going with the rest of my day, especially with one employee staring at the situation the entire time. This has happened before at other retailers, but I find it a chronic problem at CompUSA.

LMAO. The items marked 'managers special' at my CompUSA are usually the most overpriced items in the entire store. Stuff like $5 PS2 games that are still stickered at $50, and then have a 'Managers Special' sticker marked to $39.97.

[quote name='Strell']I love my CompUSA. A Gamecube inside a severely battered box, with "missing power cord" written on it, for the low low price of 99.99.

And it was a Manager's Special.[/quote]

[quote name='Puffa469']LMAO. The items marked 'managers special' at my CompUSA are usually the most overpriced items in the entire store. Stuff like $5 PS2 games that are still stickered at $50, and then have a 'Managers Special' sticker marked to $39.97.[/QUOTE]

As far as I can tell, these `Managers Special' items mainly mean that the Manger will get something special if you're stupid enough to buy the item.

I stopped by a CompUSA this morning on the way to work looking for Kingdom Hearts II (which it dosen't look like they _ever_ had, BTW), and actually found a couple `Manager's Special' items that seemed reasonable: Front Mission 4 and Full Spectrum Warroir for $4.98, and Flatout for $9.98 (all for PS2). Of course, when I take them up to the register, they ring up for twice that... The cashier then proceeded to inform me that I must have been mistaken (Hmm...yeah, I was wrong when I saw the price listed on all 3 games!) I went back and grabbed the shelf tags and they sold them to me for that price, but it felt like pulling teeth. What an annoying experience.

[quote name='eau']I think Full Spectrum Warrior is nationally clearanced for $4.98.[/QUOTE]

Huh... I wonder if they overrode the price at the local store? It definetely came up at $9.98 there.

I hit the COMPUSA in Sterling Heights Michigan and Got 50 cent, The Warriors and Untold Legends. The rest I had obsconded in my other travels. :cool:

Didn't see anything 'special' on clearance, most games are $14.98 and up. Did see 2 'Manager's Specials' 1 was 50 Cent - Bulletproof (PS2) for $9.99 and Nicktoons Unite! for $0.98 (yes 98 cents, of course they didn't have any left cause i made them look for me)

I went yesterday to CompUSA in MD and found a pretty nice selection:

Dot Hack 4 PS2 $5.00
KH Chain of Memories GBA $10
Front Mission 4 PS2 $2.5
FullMetal Alchemist 1 PS2 $10
Everquest Online PS2 $1
Hot Shots Golf Open Tee PSP $14

I asked the girl at the register and she claimed that the 50% off was permanent until they sold all of their inventory, it looks like CompUSA might be getting out of the game business (games section was torn apart). This is definitely YMMV since the cleark had to manually take off the 50% (she initially forgot and then went back and gave me the additional discount) and I hit another store today and they were not doing the 50% off and claimed it ended on Saturday.

[quote name='CaptPete']Huh... I wonder if they overrode the price at the local store? It definetely came up at $9.98 there.[/QUOTE]

Most likely they manually change the price in the system. Then probably stuck a "manager's special" tag on it to make the customer think they are geting a great "deal" on it.

You know for all the bitching I do at Worst Buy I can honestly say that CompUSA is just about as bad if not worse than Worst Buy. At least CompUSA hasn't said that 20% of their customers are devils..... yet. :lol:

No '50 % off' specials, but they did update the clearance rack (Melbourne, FL store):

King Kong (all but X360) 19.98
Burnout Revenge (XBX/PS2) 19.98

PS2:
Dukes Of Hazzard 9.98
God Of War 9.98
Echo Night 4.98
American Chopper 4.98
Ultimate SPiderman 9.98
American Chopper 4.98
Harry Potter Quidditch 4.98

Of course, no Kingdom Hearts 2... so I went and price matched at Best Buy.

[quote name='bsschorr']I asked the girl at the register and she claimed that the 50% off was permanent until they sold all of their inventory, it looks like CompUSA might be getting out of the game business (games section was torn apart).[/QUOTE]
Here's hoping they don't stop selling PC games. We definitely don't need another store to drop those...

Really, though, I'd be amazed if they made any money on games at all. They NEVER drop titles in price at the stores in my area, and their stock is only borderline current most days.

Worst manager's special I've seen? The GBA Mortal Kombat Tournament Edition for $25. It looks like it's actually a decent fighter, but for that much...well, it's ridiculous.

Went to today to grab a copy of KH II, but they all sold out. They had a manager special bin, that said take an additional 25% off. I picked up:

PS2
X-men Legends II : 4.99
Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks: 7.48
Matrix: Path of Neo 18.73
Incredible Hulk: 14.98
Crimson Tears: 11.23

XBox
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (Limited Edition) 13.48

I was very surprised that I found splinter cell LE edition in the bin. The pricing for Crimson Tears was 30 bucks manager special, but it rang up less than that. I saw a couple of Indigo Prohecy's for PS2 there and alot of Tom Clancy games.

Scooped up Devil May Cry 3 (non GH) and Medal of Honor: European Assault (PS2) for 10 ducks a piece. They were just on the shelves. The supposed "Bargain Bin" was no bargain whatsoever. Crap games at crap prices. Trigger Man for $6.99?! You should pay ME to take that buttnugget of a game with me!

I also noted Fantastic Four (PS2) for $10, and Area 51 (can't remember which system) for $15.

Thanks, OP!

A little off topic, but I checked out my local ghetto of a Compusa. The most outrageous "Manager's Special" was LoZ: Wind Waker for $39.99. Considering how long it's been since that dropped to $19.99, was a pretty sad sight. How could they not be aware of the MSRP on these games?

But the funny thing I saw was the 360 sitting at the kiosk with the RROD. I guess even the 360 refuses to work in a Compusa... :lol:

Well i think one of my local CompUSA's made a mistake.. since i picked up 'Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers' today for $4.98, it was a Manager's Special, although the little paper slip stated 'Full Spectrum Warrior' - but their loss and my gain.

[quote name='toadielurks']Well i think one of my local CompUSA's made a mistake.. since i picked up 'Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers' today for $4.98, it was a Manager's Special, although the little paper slip stated 'Full Spectrum Warrior' - but their loss and my gain.[/quote] Nice score! The game didn't ring up $4.98 but at full price, right? They must have done an overwrite after being pointed to the Manager's Special sign?!

The older FSW rings up $4.98, though.

[quote name='bsschorr']looks like CompUSA might be getting out of the game business (games section was torn apart)[/QUOTE]

this is sort of true. I talked to a buddy of mine who works there a couple months ago and he said they were getting rid of most of the "previous" generation stuff. he mentioned they were never really a game store and are going to focus on next gen stuff like 360 and the other systems. they will probably also stick to PC games as well, seeing that many go to that store for PC stuff.

last time I went to CompUsa they didn't have much left, but I'll have to check to see if they put anything else out.

[quote name='eau']Nice score! The game didn't ring up $4.98 but at full price, right? They must have done an overwrite after being pointed to the Manager's Special sign?!

The older FSW rings up $4.98, though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the game did ring up at $49.99 but i gave the piece of paper to the cashier and with the help of the Manager they happily overrode it!

Well, for once I scored something decent at CompUSA.

XBOX Indigo Prophecy: 14.99
PSP Darkstalkers : 12.50
NDS Goldeneye: 12.99

These were all Manager's Specials, but there was a sign near the bin full of the usual crap saying that games marked "A66" or "D66" were half off. I've seen the sign before, but the employees have told me that if it wasn't physically in the bin, it wasn't half off. Whatever.

Today, the employee was nice and competent. She understood immediately what I was talking about, and she had to scan each game separately and print something out. This confirmed it was on sale. Then they all rang up half off.

My CompUSA looks like it hasn't been ordering new games for a while....

I did happen to get-

No One Lives Forever-4.98
The Suffering-9.98
Indiana Jones-9.98
Gladius-9.98
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory-9.98

bread's done
Back