CompUSA - Gears of War CE - $27.00!!! YMMV

happyorangeman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
EDIT: YMMV - It is Clearanced at this store and the price is $25.88. It might be on clearance at other stores but most likely not. Sorry.

I was at the CompUSA in Parsippany, NJ the other night returning a broken Computer Mouse for my brother when I spotted 4 Copies of Gears Of War Collectors Edition for the 360 with Clearance tags on them. I asked the lady behind the main counter and she said "Yeah they clearanced them this morning, you can take a look." So it said $26.XX I do not remember exactly, but they are on clearance but I'm not sure if it's nationwide? I did not pick it up because I did not have that much cash on me plus I have it already, but my brother did pick up some other games.

FF: XI (360) $9.XX
FF: XI - Treasures of Aht Urhgan (PS2) $1.88
MLB Slugfest 2006 (Xbox) $0.88
Greg Hastings Paintball Max'd (Xbox) $0.88

They have some other games like...
Bomberman (360) $9.XX
Tiger Woods 06 (360) $9.XX

So just a heads up.

Did they ring up at that price or did they have to over-ride the register? If they rung up at that price it may not be YMMV but otherwise it probably is. I'd probably upgrade to Slugfest 2006 (still have 2003 and 2004) at that price

Holy crap Id buy another copy for that. I dunno the nearest store is 20 miles and I dont want to call and ask thats merely a courtesy for some employees to buy it b4 i get there. Thanks OP. Can you use the blowout inventory check on this since its clearence?

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Holy crap Id buy another copy for that. I dunno the nearest store is 20 miles and I dont want to call and ask thats merely a courtesy for some employees to buy it b4 i get there. Thanks OP. Can you use the blowout inventory check on this since its clearence?[/QUOTE]

I already checked the inventory blowout for that store and my local store to see if any of those games were on the list and they weren't on either list.

That's why I think it's one of those YMMV markdowns where the manager decides to mark down some games to get rid of them at just that store. Also because the prices that end in $0.88 are ususally YMMV and those that end in $0.98 are not YMMV

at's why I think it's one of those YMMV markdowns where the manager decides to mark down some games to get rid of them at just that store.

:cry: Thanks, Im wondering if its worth going. I wouldve got the CE, Tiger and Bomberman for that price!

^^ If it's not that far it could be worth it. In the past, I have gone to check a local CompUSA when these kind of deals and never found them but sometimes find other stuff marked down just at that store. One time I was checking something and I found God of War for $10.99 back when it was $49.99 in every store.

CompUSAs are always so YMMV it's never worth the trip. But it would be if I didn't already have Gears.

hhhDX4 - My Brother is going to Paramus today...I'll ask him to check it out for you. If there is I'll let you know.

Edit: Paramus is Closed today. I guess tomorrow then?

Hey Orangeman, if you could pick me one up, I'd gladly give ya 30 bucks for it. I am a fellow Jersey-ite but am out of town until Tuesday. Heck, I'd even come pick it up from ya! I would seriously greatly very much appreciate it.

I would gladly give $35 USD shipped to someone if they could get me Gears of Wars CE and ship to Canada ($2 to ship). I haven't seen the CE anywhere =( Please pick up an extra copy for me if you see two!

I was in the store earlier today, didnt notice any of those games around. Are they behind the CS desk or something? I always breeze through the game section, didnt see any clearance tags over there.

Damn.....wish I had a CompUSA closer to where I live.....it would be sweet to grab the CE of GOW......I just got GOW today for $39 at Target cause I had a raincheck from the price a couple weeks back...

[quote name='bay6']Ill be checking Comp in edison, nj on rt 1 today for this.[/QUOTE]
hey i went there @ 630 and was pissed that they were closed. Any luck?

They are behind the returns counter up front unless someone got to them already? I'll chck it out later guys. Also to the guys who pm'd me yesterday, sorry I wasn't home, I will stop by the store later and check it out.

Yeah, that was me who PM'ed you yesterday. It's no problem that ya weren't home. I understand that some people have a life. :D Sigh....haha.

[quote name='happyorangeman']They are behind the returns counter up front unless someone got to them already? I'll chck it out later guys. Also to the guys who pm'd me yesterday, sorry I wasn't home, I will stop by the store later and check it out.[/quote]

Thanks! :)

Shit! I was in there last Friday and saw those and they were $69.99! So I ended up at the Best Buy and bought something else!!! I don't get back to work until tomorrow so i am not sure if i'll be able to get one or not!

If anyone happens to get an extra Gears of War CE i'd give $35 if someone could trade me one or trade stuff off my list for it.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Im going back tonight. I need printer paper anyway. Ill ask. So this isnt YMMV?[/quote]

It is very much YMMV I went here in Cleveland yesterday and they had nothing on clearance. They had some PS2 turds for $19.99 and no 360 titles under $39.

[quote name='Oberman']I'm up for a bomberman copy if someone wants to buy one for me : D I'll pay the price plus shipping.[/quote]wow that's some incentive

I tell you, out of all the CompUSA's in Jersey, Parsippany beats them all when it comes to clearance. I was there one time and I racked up! They have some serious clearance sales. I live in Hillside and I still take a haul out there for their sales.

Ok. I did find Gears CE today. However, I'm Canadian and it was at Best Buy for $79.99 + 14% tax. So if someone could PLEASE pick me up a copy I will pay $35 US shipped for it >.>;; Shipping should be $4, I thought it'd be $2 but I didn't realize the tin was so big. You'll still make a bit of profit and be doing your good deed for the day ^_^

[quote name='serialthriller']wow that's some incentive[/QUOTE]

I got you all beat - I'll take Bomberman off someone's hands if they want to send it for me, for free.

[quote name='dinovelvet']I got you all beat - I'll take Bomberman off someone's hands if they want to send it for me, for free.[/QUOTE]
Eh, maybe. If there was a $10 bill inside. Otherwise I'd probably refuse delivery.

FF: XI - Treasures of Aht Urhgan (PS2) $1.88

Would anybody be so kind? I managed to find the actual game at Sears on Saturday for $16.99, now all I need are the expansions.

Just stopped by the Compusa in Parsippany, didn't find any of the 360 games you mentioned on clearance. I didn't even find a bin of where the games could be in, maybe they switched things around or I just didn't see them??? Oh well, was worth a try.

Go Vikings :p

[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']Us New Jersians have to be cheap with SOME things since our taxes and car insurance is so high.[/quote]

with the way some of you drive in NYC its no wonder its high :cool:

[quote name='diablofreak']with the way some of you drive in NYC its no wonder its high :cool:[/quote]

Hey hey hey! Come on. Well, yeah, maybe some of us. Haha.:D

[quote name='diablofreak']with the way some of you drive in NYC its no wonder its high :cool:[/QUOTE]
you can't even talk, all the NY plates on route 9, the left lane is the FAST lane.
bunch of lane sitters making sure that the left lane is ok. :)

bread's done
Back