CompUSA Liquidation starts today - 10-30% off - Complete List Inside

Tirade

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Saw over on SD that the CUSA stores are starting liquidation today.

Prices are starting at 20-40% (eventually going to 90%) off and each store can have a different discount amount. No more returns after today so "try it before you buy it" on electronics. Apparently service plans are still being sold and will be honored.

I'll add a 2nd post so we can update what stores are offering what.

Goodluck!

Edit: According to the liquidation list I posted below, Video game Hardware and Software is starting at 10% off and startegy guides are 20% off.

Houston store closes either today or tomorrow. They had Dead Rising and I was hoping to get it for $18, but the guy said it was $32. Sucks.

[quote name='Bojizzle']Ha, you can get it used from Gamefly.com for $20.[/quote]

My target has it for 12 bucks

Didn't see a single video game left but I did buy a pretty nice tv stand for $80, down from $200. Its much nicer than what I almost bought from Wal-Mart for $100.

Pretty much everything was cleared out at the one near me. They did have a few games left. Nothing really of not for PS3, but they did have a bunch of Halo 3 Legendarys for 64.99 and some other 360 games, but I don't own one, so I didn't really look that hard.

They also had a couple of 750 GB HDDs for $125. I was thinking about picking one up, but wasn't sure if that was a good deal or not.

Tigard, OR store is down to 50-70, but the games are still at 50% and are sparse. Where they used to be on the wall, they are now just a corner of the camera table. I picked up an opened Smackdown Raw for half off, but it is very slim pickings. Good luck!

was out today in west des moines, ia. i believe the sign said 7 days left with 50-70% off. store was pretty trashed with not much left. games were all 50%. the only thing i considered getting and possibly going back for was Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles for Wii - $25.00 after discount. they had quite a bit of copies of it 10+. but as others have stated, nothing much left

Picked up The Godfather Wii Edition for 13.50 yesterday. Great game!
Other deals were Alien Syndrome Wii 15.00, and Farcry Wii 10.00

EDIT forgot to mention. SLC utah stores.

Stranglehold going for $30 now at the Frisco, TX CUSA. All the games are 50% off.

Are there anymore CUSA open in the DFW area?

Went to the CompUSA @ Robinson (Pittsburgh) during lunch.

Games are 50%, looks like a tornado went thru since I was there last week.

Does anyone know if they'll be increasing the discounts for this weekend? I'm guessing almost all stores will be closing after Sunday. There is a kb & mouse I wanted but I'm hoping they'd go up to 75% instead of 60% =P They had quite a few of them left.

^^the percentage off should increase at least one more time during the closing week. it was how Value City did it where i worked while it was still open before closing due to nationwide store closures. discounts started 3 weeks before closing and just climbed higher and higher each week. if i remember correctly electronics ended up at 60% off and anything that was marked down considerably before discounts that were unmoveable were just being practically given away. i cant say Compusa will be the same way though. 50% is probably the peak discount being offered on games, but they might end up doing one more discount.

btw CAGs. speaking of Value City, you should check out ones in your location. some are still open, but in the same process as Compusa and depending on the store may have video games in stock. mine did and they had a couple 360, xbox, DS, gamecube, PS, PS2, and GBA games in stock. just a heads up for you all if you happen to have a still open Value City in your areas.

Just got back from the store in South San Francisco at the Tanforan shopping center. Pretty much empty, everything was 50-70% off. Mostly just sports games left, broken TVs, furniture, some laptops and printers, blank DVD (no dual layers...). Also they had many of those digital picture frames for $65-$75.

I managed to pick up the last copies of Earth Defense Force and Chromehounds for a total of $35.

The one in my area just closed this weekend. When I got there it was 70-90% off, but almost everything was gone but one shelf of stuff. Luckily, I was able to get Soul Nomad for $11, Heroes of Might and Magic 5 Expansion Pack for $6, PS3 memory card adapter for $4, Lair strategy guide for $1.50, and headset adapter for $.50.

I almost got Soul Nomad two weeks before when it was 20-30% off, but glad I held out.

Just got back from the local one here in Altamonte Springs (N. Orlando) which is at 60-80% off but was pretty tore up. But i scored:

PS3 - NBA 08 - 23.99
PC - Guild Wars Factions - 19.99 (Last one had quite a few of Nightfall though)
PC - 50 Pk DVD+R's - 7.99

A co-worker of min managed to snag a Dell pc for $50 though with a P4 3.4GHZ, 256mb DDR2, 80GB Sata, Ati Raedon x600. I guess it was a customers from service that was never picked up.

Just got back from my compusa, store is still only down to 50 to 70% though. STill have tons of copies of that Guild Wars game yall have been talking about. Nothing else that maybe me jump. Really wanted to get the broken 360 they had but someone else bought it up. Also really wanted some of the DVD-R's but those all disappeared. They had a nice compusa 6 speaker set that looked nice for like 35 bucks, but I passed and now its gone. Digital Frames, Laptops. Camera with Printer, printers, some software. Looks like they have waited until the very end to discount down to the 60-80 and 70-90 and maybe even the 80-100 just to get rid of stuff. I saw like 8 xbox hd-dvd players marked at like 90 bucks. Hopefully those get down to like 10 bucks then i will buy it.

A co-worker of min managed to snag a Dell pc for $50 though with a P4 3.4GHZ, 256mb DDR2, 80GB Sata, Ati Raedon x600. I guess it was a customers from service that was never picked up.

Wow, that's pretty good for just $50. I recently got a little more than $50 for just a system with just a P4 1.4GHz and a Riva TNT card.

If anyone wants me to pick up a copy of guild wars faction for them send a pm or send message to everclear0192 in aim. I think retail was 49.99 and its 50% off plus tax and shipping and fees.

I can also look for other stuff as well. Name the game and I will see if I can find it.

[quote name='Halo3Champ']If anyone wants me to pick up a copy of guild wars faction for them send a pm or send message to everclear0192 in aim. I think retail was 49.99 and its 50% off plus tax and shipping and fees.[/QUOTE]

Most places, including target have it for $29.99 now, but it's nice of you to offer this to CAGs.

I picked up Eternal Sonata $26, Shadowrun $13 and Project Splisleed $10 Im happy... All gamers were at 60 off

Gonna go tomorow to probably pick up some random games at 70 off. (Kinda wanted to try Two Worlds)

[quote name='Advocatus']Most places, including target have it for $29.99 now, but it's nice of you to offer this to CAGs.[/quote]

Plus you can use the $5 off coupon at Target making it $25 as well ;) Amazon has it for $23.99 as well, so if you can find a cheap filler, you can get free shipping/no tax :)

My CompUSA (Fairlawn, Ohio) had everything marked off at 50-70% off today, with a sign that said "Last 4 days... Friday 60-70% off, Saturday 70-90% off, and Sunday was 80%-90% off" if I remember correctly. Either way, the prices should be dropping more everyday. Good luck finding anything left though.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']My CompUSA (Fairlawn, Ohio) had everything marked off at 50-70% off today, with a sign that said "Last 4 days... Friday 60-70% off, Saturday 70-90% off, and Sunday was 80%-90% off" if I remember correctly. Either way, the prices should be dropping more everyday. Good luck finding anything left though.[/quote]

Thanks for sharing this. My nearest CUSA has the 4 day sign, but I didn't see anything about the discount schedule for the rest of the week. Interesting that they would give people a heads-up about this. Will be interesting to see if other stores on the same closing schedule follow the same discount schedule. Mine has been 50-70% since Monday.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']
My CompUSA (Fairlawn, Ohio) [/quote]

Hey that's MY CompUSA! But you can have it, there isn't anything left anymore...

I also visited the Frisco, TX one. To the poster that asked about any other DFW ones, the only other one that's open is the Plano one (Saturday is its last day). There's no need to go to it unless you want to buy the shelves/registers. It's completely picked clean. Just digital picture frames/keychains.

I went there a couple weeks ago, bought guitar hero, asked them if it came with the game and wireless guitar because it was just in a white box. They were selling it reg price of $99 and i believe it was 40% off at that time so like $60. Well any ways get out side open it up, its the store display guitar which is a wired les paul and a demo disk. I went right back in and of course they didnt want to give me my money back but i convinced them other wise.

[quote name='gantt']Thanks for sharing this. My nearest CUSA has the 4 day sign, but I didn't see anything about the discount schedule for the rest of the week. Interesting that they would give people a heads-up about this. Will be interesting to see if other stores on the same closing schedule follow the same discount schedule. Mine has been 50-70% since Monday.[/quote]

I thought it was weird too. They actually had the dates posted all over the store, down every isle. Sheets were just thrown all over merchandise. Unfortunately, I was going to get the copies of Guild Wars: Factions and BladeStorm (PS3) that I saw a few days ago at 40% off, but they were gone. Oh well. There were still a few things there that would certainly be worth it at 70-80% off...but I won't be up there all week, so I'll have to pass.

Very Slightly off topic, but I found this article from the consumerist really funny. (I added the emphasis)
http://consumerist.com/360517/compusa-sells-shattered-lcd-with-may-have-minor-damage-tag

"It was the Land of Misfit Electronics. I found wheezing printers, disemboweled PCs, grimy office equipment that had been hauled out of the manager's office for liquidation, and "today only!" tags advertising great deals on the actual shelving--in case you want to recreate the thrill of CompUSA in your own home,"
:applause:

[quote name='richdmoore']"It was the Land of Misfit Electronics. I found wheezing printers, disemboweled PCs, grimy office equipment that had been hauled out of the manager's office for liquidation, and "today only!" tags advertising great deals on the actual shelving--in case you want to recreate the thrill of CompUSA in your own home,"
:applause:[/quote]

I didn't read the source article, but I'd add "or, if you're thinking of sweding the original "Star Wars", you could very convincingly outfit a replica of the interior of a Jawa sandcrawler!"

[quote name='Monroeski']I was hoping to pick up a copy of The Darkness for 360, but I guess somebody picked up all 3 copies between Tuesday and today. :cry:[/quote]

Even at 50% off it's worth waiting on. It's a good game -- I enjoyed it greatly -- but it's a $20 game at best.

So yesterday I am in there starring at there 40+ copies of PS3 games Hockey , and Fall of Man...

Some of the workers were opening the WOW boxes and I presume stealing the passes.... as I walked up behind them they were laughing and saying "as is right" to imply that the unlucky bastards that buy the game get no codes, and they should expect that due to the writing posted on signs everywhere.

Then there is the classic "own a piece of history" signs posted on the old monochrome monitors at only.... you guessed it.... $1.25 each!!! I just about loaded my car with those bulky bastards given their full viewing brilliance of 13"-14" ...

Tomorrow is the last day for the one by me. They do have some games left but real crappy ones like 5 copies of Pimp this Ride lol. I was able to score Guild Wars Faction and Nightfall for 10 dollars each.

Hey, I am on a busness trip right now, had some time off, and I was able to borrow a car, and decided to check out the compusa Closeout in Denver (I 225 & Alameda Ave.)

The sales are now 70% off, they only had 3 or 4 console games (Pimp My Ride 360 being the highlight) so it was a bust on that front. I did find a great deal however, a brand new apple macbook power adaptor, it was $32 + tax, they go for $81 on amazon.com. Sorry, I purchased the only one. They also had a dirty looking mac pro power adaptor (looked very used) with no price on it.

Other than that, they had some overpriced broken computers (a sony laptop, normally $2,000 down to $1,300 with a shattered lcd screen :lol:), some pc and apple software, and a little bit of other stuff. The only other gaming stuff was some pc flight controls, some of those console wraps, and a few pc games like Shadowrun. They had boxes and boxes of 8 port routers and switches, so anyone who might want to set up a lan party might benefit from some of those.

All books and guides were 80% off, the only gaming guides that they had was a couple of copies of Kane and Lynch and Shaddowrun.

Oh, and today (friday) the sign said 3 days left, so they should have their final day Sunday.

Being a true CAG, if all goes as planned I get back from my trip Saturday night, so I will be there at the Tigard, OR location Sunday to look over that store for any scraps left. (I'm guessing that will be their last day as well.)

Mine was at 60-90% off, tomorrow 70-90, and Sunday 80-90%. Guides were at 90% off today, so I got COD3 for $1. I wanted Orange Box but someone grabbed it earlier in the day. There were a few others left but none that interested me.

My compusa is up to 70-90% off! Laptops are currently 50% off! They had some great deals on laptops, not sure if I want to take the plunge on a 5-6-700 item though. Some guy was buying all the ink, and another had about 10 or 15 laptops sitting on the counter.

I got Bleach for the wii = 14.99, The Omen Bluray = 8.99, CreativeXmod = 23.99

At the Mount Laurel store, there were several copies of Halo 3 LE tins that materialized out of nowhere Thursday. All gone now at 70%.

Stuff still remaining:

SanDisk 4 GB and 8GB Cruzers
Kingston DDR2 RAM
A few micro-SD cards
No-name laptop bags
Targus notebook locks
Miscellaneous CompUSA-branded parts and 56K modems
Antivirus software
Control pads for Tabula Rasa (lollers)
Leftover Xbox 360/PS2/PSP/PC games and DVDs
Books that wouldn't move even if they were 99.9999% off

And lots and lots of broken gear. One laptop had a note: "SOLD AS-IS. NEEDS: MOTHERBOARD."

Boooo....only two wireless keyboards left and both marked as defective =\

I might show up when they open tomorrow and buy a new laptop though, maybe.

I got 2 Lord of the Rings Online gamecards for $8.99 each, Shadowrun for 360 for $8.99, LOTR:BFME2 for $8.09.

Mine also had Lair and Earth Defense Force that I hid to pick up later.

Whats the likelihood that when the store opens tomorrow any brand new laptops are still their if current markdown is 50%?

[quote name='deadtrees']At the Mount Laurel store, there were several copies of Halo 3 LE tins that materialized out of nowhere Thursday. All gone now at 70%.[/quote]

Yeah, I saw several Halo 3 LE, all marked "scratched disc." No surprise there, but unfortunately the MS free disc replacement program was only thru Feb 1 (unless they renewed it).

[quote name='Halo3Champ']Whats the likelihood that when the store opens tomorrow any brand new laptops are still their if current markdown is 50%?[/quote]

I saw people buying them today, especially the ones that were in sealed, good condition packaging. I wouldn't hold my breath for tomorrow.

My CUSA's last day was today. Games were 80% off. Pickings were slim but I got the following:

Legend of Heroes 3 (PSP) - $7.99
The Shield (PS2) - $3.99

Went for the final day, it was crazy, the store sign said they opened at 11, and I arrived at 10:40ish and the store was already open. Probably a good move with all of the people grabbing what was left.

I wound purchasing 2 eyeglass type cleaning clothes, a USB 56K Fax Modem (After I got home I figured out I can't use it on my macbook, it's pc only :bomb:) a bluetooth adaptor for my pc (works good), a belkin n52 pc controller (no box, discs, instructions, etc) and the only game left in the store: Just Cause (PS2) as a gift.

It was crazy in there, people were grabbing any laptop they could fine, even ones that were marked defective and with broken lcd screens. I can't imagine how the store opening was, when everyone came in at once.

Well, goodbye compusa (except for the part tigerdirect purchased.) I hated your prices, but at least you could run down to a store and purchase something instead of waiting for the fedex van.

I picked up a few items from CompUSA on their last two days.

The best was a Blackberry 8700c which was complete, but open box. Picked that up at 90% off.

Also grabbed NHL 2k8 for the PS3 x2

PS2 Tokobots Plus for $3

A copy of dot Mac

iPod cassette adaptor + various other crap for $5

Such hostility...

I miss them, just not for games. For the most part, they had no game deals.
And I'll try to separate my earlier memories from the shady, obnoxiously rude place that CompUSA stores became after the liquidator took over.

bread's done
Back