CompUSA Memorial Weekend Sale Starts 5/26

[quote name='rmayernik']All you have to do is buy a $2200.00 42" LCD HDTV and you get a free Premium Xbox 360![/QUOTE]

Honestly youd be hard up to find a better deal than that. If youre looking for a TV at the time the best youll get is a free DVD player

Can anyone tell me how the 37" Olevia is? I've been looking at the thing since February and always talk myself out of it (in favor of things like car insurance and gas money) From what I've seen elsewhere it's a pretty good bargain but what do the CAGs have to say about it?

[quote name='rmayernik']All you have to do is buy a $2200.00 42" LCD HDTV and you get a free Premium Xbox 360![/quote]

Seriously that is a damn good deal. If you are looking to get a new tv why not get a $400 item throw in.

I really wanted to find a good deal on a notebook, but the two in there are both kind of crappy and you need to sign up for vonage :(

That is a pretty good deal on that 42" LCD w/ free premium 360. The while supplies last means they may only have one 360 in stock.

[quote name='Yoohoo1231']Can anyone tell me how the 37" Olevia is? I've been looking at the thing since February and always talk myself out of it (in favor of things like car insurance and gas money) From what I've seen elsewhere it's a pretty good bargain but what do the CAGs have to say about it?[/QUOTE]

I have the 26in and I love it.

Only complaints are a somewhat slow start up time (7-10 seconds) and a sometimes slow to respond remote. The picture is beautiful though and you can't beat the price.

[quote name='Yoohoo1231']Can anyone tell me how the 37" Olevia is? I've been looking at the thing since February and always talk myself out of it (in favor of things like car insurance and gas money) From what I've seen elsewhere it's a pretty good bargain but what do the CAGs have to say about it?[/quote]

I have that tv and I love it. I paid 1100 at Microcenter in the After Xmas sale.

[quote name='cyrix`']
Something I liked:
250 GB Hard Drive $89.99 (AR)
[/quote]

If you have a credit card or PayPal account, you can get it cheaper at Newegg.com; the Samsung SATA II model is $10 less, has free shipping, and IIRC, should be backward-compatible with the SATA standard. Also, no rebates to mess with.

[quote name='rmayernik']All you have to do is buy a $2200.00 42" LCD HDTV and you get a free Premium Xbox 360![/quote]

Damn. If I didnt have those credit card bills, I would jump on that. Sell the XBOX360 and it comes up to about $1900.00

I went to CompUSA today, but not for this weak sauce flier. Instead, I picked up Ultimate Spiderman for the PS2, on "Manager's Special" for ten bucks. It was the last copy in the store, and someone apparently tried to hide it behind the many copies of the XBox version of the game. It's been a great game so far, much better than Spiderman 2, especially in the story department.

EDIT: Oh, and speaking of Costco, I also went there today, and they were passing out these "Passport to Savings" coupon books, which had an HDTV for $1699 and a plasma screen TV. The only problem with the HDTV in this CompUSA ad is the disclaimer below it, which seems to hint that it's just an HD-Ready or EDTV, without the HD tuner.

bread's done
Back