CompUSA Red Star Inventory Blowout B&M YMMV

little_krampy

CAGiversary!
CompUSA has been clearancing some inventory for some time now. I don't know if this is a new promo that I stumbled upon or not. But I noticed on the website there is a red star thing going on right now where you save an additional 25% off the clearance price. AND you can check your local stores inventory online! Just looking through a few Wisconsin stores...which I'm not even close to unfortunately...I see some nice deals on hardware. Just thought I'd mention this so hopefully some of you CAGs can score some nice deals.

Link to store selection page
- Select your state
- then on the next page click on "See this store's listing of blowout items"

Examples from Brookfield location:
Norwood P42BSAT 42-inch Plasma EDTV $899.98 - $225.00 = $674.98 (2 in stock)
Game Boy Advance SP, Onyx $49.98 - $12.50 = $37.48 (2 in stock)
GameCube, Platinum Limited Edition $74.98 - $18.75 = $56.23 (4 in stock)

Examples from Madison location:
Magnavox 15MF150V/37 15-inch LCD TV $249.98 - $62.50 = $187.48 (2 in stock)
Xbox Console $99.98 - $25.00 = $74.98 (2 in stock)

Just looking through some other stores I've seen some of the following:
GB Micro Black for $69.98 - $17.50 = $52.48
DS Electric Blue for $119.98 - $30 = $89.98
PS2 Slimline for $129.98 - $32.50 = $97.48
PSP for $179.98 - $45 = $134.98

Might want to try using this too
$10 off $100 purchase

Do you know if this is going to be total liquidation? I don't want to get my hopes up but maybe I could sell Age of Empires 3 which I bought 3 days ago and buy it there.

OH man the CompUSA near my house is closing, boo to that (even though i never went there.) Anyone know when these stores are shutting down or is it too late?

my compusa is also 10% off all games. I didn't see ANY game systems. They must've moved the inventory to one of the stores not closing, too bad.

Anyways, I picked up Syphon Filter: Omega Strain (PS2) for $0.92. They had College Hoops 2K6 for $4.98, but didn't pick it up.

I just went the to Highland Park IL location yesterday and they had 8-10 Xbox 360's (both models) and 4-5 PSPs on the floor at 10% off. I asked about the PS3 and they said they still had a few "in the back" at $540. The PS2 was cleaned-out though, and of course no Wiis in stock. Pretty large selection of PS2, 360, and Wii games too.

Just went by mine compusa they had a couple WoW Burning Crusade Collectors Ed. Not sure if its worth picking up. So far everything is 10% on everything only a selected few are 20% off.

What I would like to know is when do they raise the amount of sale?

does anyone know if all of compusa B & M merchandise can be found online on their website? Or do they sell some stuff that arnt posted online? Im looking to get a certain set of speakers, but they arnt on the site and i dont wanna take a long trip there and find out they dont have it

[quote name='reibeatall']They aren't worth it.[/QUOTE]

I figured WoW BC wasnt worth it. I might just wait for the price to drop down some more before I pick them up.

The east side Cleveland store is 10% off games and accessories. They had both core and premium XBOX 360. But no PS3s or PSPs.
No great deals on anything...I guess that why they are going out of business

[quote name='omgu8myrice']does anyone know if all of compusa B & M merchandise can be found online on their website? Or do they sell some stuff that arnt posted online? Im looking to get a certain set of speakers, but they arnt on the site and i dont wanna take a long trip there and find out they dont have it[/quote]

the blowout deals are B&M only.....compUSA is still running a regular sunday ad....also when you first walk into my compusa there's a sign that says that the store isnt honoring any advertised sale prices due to the closing sale.

That's one of the things that bother me, I just got a CompUSA ad in the paper or mail this past Wednesday and saw they had a good deal on a 27" Olieva tv but since they're closing, they wouldn't honor that price and it was like 200-300 dollars more than the ad.

I was around burbank and they got a couple people holding up signs advertising the close of the CompUSA store with items up to 20% off

i went into my local compusa again today (henderson, nv) and it was still only 10% off games....there were a lot of people in there...mostly due to the GIANT banner out front that states the store is closing.....i doubt it will get down to any really good deal prices before everything is gone...

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I was around burbank and they got a couple people holding up signs advertising the close of the CompUSA store with items up to 20% off[/quote]

The Monrovia location also had people old up signs. I went in but there were no cube games :(! And only 5/10% off wanted items, 20% off misc items.

I hate GOING OUT OF BUSINESS junk because everybody buys everything out before it gets down to anything good, 10% is nothing to get excited about but everyone will buy everything out anyway.

I GOT THIS MOUSE FOR $18 instead of $20!!!!!!!!!!! DEALZ!

agreed, my friend. i swung by my compusa and they had nothing of interest. even with discounts, i didn't walk out with anything. honestly, i'm suprised it took this long for compusa to fold up a lot of its stores. i couldn't understand how it was profitable ... and with this news, well, i guess for a long time it never was. yet another example of a very poorly managed company.

Banners on the front of the store..games still only 10% off as of 3/3 we should try and keep the %'s updated so we might be able to get something at least before the stores are wiped out.

Yeah, looks like this is a typical outsourced liquidation like Tower Records...I doubt there will be many great deals to be had.

They had Oblivion for the 360 in the clearance bin last week for 59.99 with NO discount. Ridiculous.

[quote name='MuteSuperstar']Yeah, looks like this is a typical outsourced liquidation like Tower Records...I doubt there will be many great deals to be had.[/quote]

Is it so hard to liquidate a store that you have to hire someone to do it for you?:roll: Well I guess if they had capable management they may not have had to liquidate in the first place.

I know when Good Guys went OOB here, the deals really sucked until the last week. I remember going in there and they had the Halo2 LE for $5. Which, at the time was a pretty good deal. Only game they had in the entire store.

i think i got some good furniture from the tower closeout.. compusa is a bigger store so lets see what that produces.

I think I should open up a store that is ALWAYS going out of business so that way I sell everything all the time. People are stupid.

Hmm... when I look at NJ stores on the store locator... only one store comes up. Where are the stores that are closing? How do I look at deals for stores that are closing if they aren't there? :bomb:

I think I should open up a store that is ALWAYS going out of business so that way I sell everything all the time. People are stupid.

LMAO. For the longest time there was a furniture store near me that had a store liquidating inventory going out of business banner for several YEARS.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']LMAO. For the longest time there was a furniture store near me that had a store liquidating inventory going out of business banner for several YEARS.[/quote]

I've seen restaurants with their GRAND OPENING banner up for years.

[quote name='shieryda']Store in Skokie, IL, had everything 20-50% off. A few videogame titles left, but you better hurry![/quote]

I was just there today. 360 games are still 20% off. They need to hit at least 30% off so I can start buying already!

The store on Airport Way in Portland is only at 10% off. But I did find 2 games for $4.48 each (after discount): Ape Escape On the Loose (PSP) and College Hoops 2K6 (360). Neither was marked correctly but on a hunch I had them price checked. All the employees were doing in the store was comparing resumes and talking about where they've applied :roll:.

[quote name='Malik112099']i went into my local compusa again today (henderson, nv) and it was still only 10% off games....there were a lot of people in there...mostly due to the GIANT banner out front that states the store is closing.....i doubt it will get down to any really good deal prices before everything is gone...[/quote]

I went to the same one, im hoping they still have 360s when it gets down to 20% (maybe even 30-40)

[quote name='chicagoz']I was just there today. 360 games are still 20% off. They need to hit at least 30% off so I can start buying already![/quote]

I had the King Kong game in my hand, but then I passed on it. It was the last one, so it probably won't be there next week.

[quote name='shieryda']I had the King Kong game in my hand, but then I passed on it. It was the last one, so it probably won't be there next week.[/quote]

i did the same exact thing....i was gonna get King Kong and Last Samurai HD-DVD but then i saw Million Dollar Baby on HD-DVD too....so i put down King Kong..i hate being poor!

picked up a ps3 today....

unfortunately it didn't come with a power cord or controller! the sticker was broken but the customer service rep assured me it was new.

they better not stick me with it using their 'all sales are final' bs.

I closed the Bloomfield Hills, MI store last fall. The only thing worth buying right now is Apple laptops and Ipods if they are 10% or more in your area. Give it about 2-3 weeks for the 10% products to go to 30% off and you will find your good deals then.

bg2001, your probably stuck with the PS3. They have a ton of all sales are final signs in every location. You would be better off going back up there and asking the manager to speak with the liqudator that is running that store and get the cords and controllers from another ps3.

[quote name='bg2001']picked up a ps3 today....

unfortunately it didn't come with a power cord or controller! the sticker was broken but the customer service rep assured me it was new.

they better not stick me with it using their 'all sales are final' bs.[/quote]

you're screwed...there are a million signs that say all sales final

[quote name='bg2001']picked up a ps3 today....

they better not stick me with it using their 'all sales are final' bs.[/quote]

Out of curiousity, how much did you blow on the PS3?

I was doing a similar sale on Ebay (No controller).

[quote name='bg2001']i'm headed back out there now. wish me luck![/quote]

good luck man....next time you buy an open box console open it and check everything

I just pickup a couple of Xbox 360 games for half-price...

College Hoops 2K7 - $27.49
FIFA World Cup 2006 - $14.99

:D

Hmm, I may swing by a store or two after work. I'm considering buying the 360 HD-DVD add on, especially if I can find it for 20%-50% off.

Children of Men, Heroes Season One and Battlestar Galactica in HD have really been tempting me.

update:

they were REALLY cool about it. gave me no hassle at all as far as returning it. additionally, since i paid for it with gift cards and the liquidating stores can't issue gift cards, they put the refund directly on my credit card!

*sigh of relief!*

[quote name='bg2001']update:

they were REALLY cool about it. gave me no hassle at all as far as returning it. additionally, since i paid for it with gift cards and the liquidating stores can't issue gift cards, they put the refund directly on my credit card!

*sigh of relief!*[/quote]

Hooray. A happy ending to the story of a CAG. :lol:

bread's done
Back