CompUSA Red Star Inventory Blowout B&M YMMV

little_krampy

CAGiversary!
CompUSA has been clearancing some inventory for some time now. I don't know if this is a new promo that I stumbled upon or not. But I noticed on the website there is a red star thing going on right now where you save an additional 25% off the clearance price. AND you can check your local stores inventory online! Just looking through a few Wisconsin stores...which I'm not even close to unfortunately...I see some nice deals on hardware. Just thought I'd mention this so hopefully some of you CAGs can score some nice deals.

Link to store selection page
- Select your state
- then on the next page click on "See this store's listing of blowout items"

Examples from Brookfield location:
Norwood P42BSAT 42-inch Plasma EDTV $899.98 - $225.00 = $674.98 (2 in stock)
Game Boy Advance SP, Onyx $49.98 - $12.50 = $37.48 (2 in stock)
GameCube, Platinum Limited Edition $74.98 - $18.75 = $56.23 (4 in stock)

Examples from Madison location:
Magnavox 15MF150V/37 15-inch LCD TV $249.98 - $62.50 = $187.48 (2 in stock)
Xbox Console $99.98 - $25.00 = $74.98 (2 in stock)

Just looking through some other stores I've seen some of the following:
GB Micro Black for $69.98 - $17.50 = $52.48
DS Electric Blue for $119.98 - $30 = $89.98
PS2 Slimline for $129.98 - $32.50 = $97.48
PSP for $179.98 - $45 = $134.98

Might want to try using this too
$10 off $100 purchase

Checked out the FV, CA location 2 nights ago. They will be completely shutting down in 10 days. All videogames are 30% and VG accessories are 40%.

Went to Smyrna, GA and they did not have any MMORPG game cards. All games were at 30% off. PC games were at 40% off. I called Perimeter and Lenox and Perimter had NO MMORPG gamecards and Lenox only had Galaxies left. HTH someone.

If someone finds any EQ gamecards in the GA area, please help a fellow CAGer out. I'd really would love some.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Checked out the FV, CA location 2 nights ago. They will be completely shutting down in 10 days. All videogames are 30% and VG accessories are 40%.[/quote]

Same deal for Mission Viejo, CA location, except I think accessories are still 30%. They are closing in 9 days from today.

Really not worth going. The only "deal" I saw was God Hand for $14 + tax and I passed on that.

The rest are either terrible games, or they were overpriced to begin with and are still overpriced even at 30% off.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Got Vista Home Premium Full for 140...good deal.[/QUOTE]

How did you get Vista Home Premium full for 140?!?!?!?

[quote name='ITDEFX']How did you get Vista Home Premium full for 140?!?!?!?[/QUOTE]

40% off of all Vista software...239 or something...40% off.

They had a few left...and quite a few decent PC and xbox games...

Like MS Flight Sim X SE for 40% off 69.99...or a few copies of NWN 2 for 40% of 49.99.

But the best deals were the Vista stuff, IMO.

I originally got two copies of Vista Ultimate Upgrade (they were out of ultimate full), but after realizing the guy there had been wrong about the ease of a clean install with the upgrade version, compounded with the fact that the only 4 things I was missing was three features I didn't need and the convenience of having the 64bit DVD in the case (only 10 bucks to order separately from them...I'll live...it was a great deal.

40% off all software at my store.

huh?!?!? OH fuck!

compusavista.jpg

Hmm it doesn't show the original price.. when I take 40% off of 239.99 I get 96 dollars off I get 143.99 + 5% sales tax. It did ring up on the screen as 239.99..so what the fuck happened?!?!?!?

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']40% off of all Vista software...239 or something...40% off.

They had a few left...and quite a few decent PC and xbox games...

Like MS Flight Sim X SE for 40% off 69.99...or a few copies of NWN 2 for 40% of 49.99.

But the best deals were the Vista stuff, IMO.

I originally got two copies of Vista Ultimate Upgrade (they were out of ultimate full), but after realizing the guy there had been wrong about the ease of a clean install with the upgrade version, compounded with the fact that the only 4 things I was missing was three features I didn't need and the convenience of having the 64bit DVD in the case (only 10 bucks to order separately from them...I'll live...it was a great deal.

40% off all software at my store.[/quote]

[quote name='sandman007']^^^Your price is 30% off $239.99, not 40%.[/QUOTE]
holy fuck your right!!!

I bought this on saturday.. Any chance of getting a priced fixed tomorrow?!?!?

Sorry if repost, but Totowa, NJ is at 30-50% with 13 days left. Game selection is meh, mostly stuff that would be a stretch to buy at 30% off.

Well, I originally bought two copies of Ultimate upgrade, after talking to one of their moron techs and he misinformed me as to the ease of a clean install with the upgrade version...

So I hurried back and spoke briefly with the manager and they swapped them for the full Home premiums.

They even gave me back some cash since the Home Premiums were cheaper.

By the way, has anyone whos bought any of the vista fulls noticed two large round plastic sticker seals instead of one? I thought for a bit that it had been previously opened, but realized it was impossible after opening it myself and having some of the ceritificate of authenticity rip off and the sticker clearly not be easily restuck without being obvious...

But I'm still wondering why there were two round sticker seals (top part)...so maybe other people have seen it like that too?

I will be pissed if down the road when I'm installing onto a new computer I find that the key doesnt work...oh yes pissed indeed.

[quote name='Secret Turtle']All Sales are Final. No shot sorry.[/QUOTE]
But they fucked up, there computer gave me 30% not 40%.

[quote name='ITDEFX']But they fucked up, there computer gave me 30% not 40%.[/QUOTE]

Discounts are at the discreation of each store. Some maybe 30% and some may be 40%.

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday - I was going to pick up a Sportster Replay since they were 50% off - marked at the counter "All Satellite Radio - 50% off", each box marked 50% off, with the original and discounted price... take it to the register - came up 30% off.
They said that the price at the register is correct, and that they couldn't discount it further - I walked.
Moral of the story, let the cashier scan in everything before you swipe your card - even though most states have consumer protection laws that require stores to honor the marked price, the liquidation company doesn't seem to care.

[quote name='Optical']You can use an upgrade to do a clean install. Google it.

EDIT: Found it: http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=5932[/QUOTE]

That's completely wrong. It will work up until the second to last step. The OS will not accept an Upgrade Key (it knows the difference), and tell you you cannot activate with an upgrade key from a clean install.

What you THEN have to do is install Vista from WITHIN the unactivated Vista...THEN it will work. Do a little more research and please don't mislead people.

Furthermore, its possible MS will fix this issue (its a big loophole), as it means people without previous Windows versions can use the upgrade version...its in their interest to find a way to detect if people are upgrading from an unactivated version of Vista.

I did not want to save a little bit of money just to have to install the damn OS twice.

And one more downside to the upgrade version: If I wanted to traditionally upgrade from within XP (you can do a clean install, but not from a total format...it moves everything to one image file), the upgrade version will kill your XP key if its OEM...you'd still be able to install XP in the future, leave it unactivated, upgrade to Vista, and be fine, but for the minimal extra features that Ultimate offers (and the cost to get the 64bit DVD is still cheaper for me w/ the Home Premium than to have stuck it out with the Ultimate Upgrade), I am comfortable with Home Premium.

Lates.

My experience was much like many others at the Columbus, OH Easton store. Xbox 360 games are 30% off and most of them are the clearance-type games such as PD0, Full Auto, that kind of thing. There were some good ones in there though.

Burning Crusade is 50% off, so $20 and there were tons of copies. The Vista packages are 40% off but they were out of Home Premium Upgrades, just Home Premium full installs (thus, more expensive). They did have Home Basic Upgrades.

I dropped by the CompUSA in Burbank, there's hardly anything left worth purchasing :/

All the fools took everything during 10-20% off

Some dudes were haggling the employees for the display Plasmas :p

[quote name='ThatDamnDave'] The Vista packages are 40% off but they were out of Home Premium Upgrades, just Home Premium full installs (thus, more expensive). They did have Home Basic Upgrades.[/quote]

It might be better to go with the full versions because if someday you want to reinstall the whole operating system from scratch, you'll have to install XP, then install the upgrade version of vista.

The CompUSA in Roseville, CA (down the street from the new Fry's) is a wasteland.

Nothing worth buying. Their PC game section features such greats as Left Behind, in other words the stuff people won't buy even with steep discounts.

well fellow cags..thanks to your "doesn't hurt to try..." I went back, saw a new sign saying Vista 50% off!. So I went to the CSR rep, a cute one at that, told her I bought it two days ago and didn't realize until last night that I was charged 30% instead of 40% off. So she talked to two managers, and after they did some math, one of which of them mistakenly ADDED 40% instead of taking off 40% told the CSR to refund the product to my card, then re-ring it in a new transaction. I over heard the girl talk to the other girl (a somewhat cute looking Hawaiian) saying that she hasn't done a return in awhile.. so basically in the confusion I got my 176 back, then I was charged the new price of 50% off instead of 40% off!!!

vista50percent.jpg

I bolted before they could pick up her mistake.. Thank god they didn't fight me on this.

man too bad I am not single anymore... that csr was surely cute :)

Vienna VA Compusa only has 7 days left after today. It will close next Monday. They still had one more copy of Windows Vista Home Premium edition for $119.99 (50%) off. I saw some memory stick duo's at 40% off. They still have some games at 40% off. No more gaming systems that I can see.

Anyone know if the Raleigh CompUSA is still open? I might try driving by to see if they've got any decent HDTV or game deals this last week. Wouldnt mind picking up some X360 games, even if the discounts are pretty slight.

[quote name='Darkfire001']Anyone know if the Raleigh CompUSA is still open? I might try driving by to see if they've got any decent HDTV or game deals this last week. Wouldnt mind picking up some X360 games, even if the discounts are pretty slight.[/QUOTE]

I was there last thursday and they had almost nothing left. Pretty much all the games were cheaper at other places. Example was at 30% off Amped 3 was still 28.00 :whistle2:(

Vista stuff was the only really good deal at CompUSA during this clearance liquidiation IMO...you could get the full retail version for OEM price or better.

I'm happy to have my OS now for when I build my new compooter.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Vista stuff was the only really good deal at CompUSA during this clearance liquidiation IMO...you could get the full retail version for OEM price or better.

I'm happy to have my OS now for when I build my new compooter.[/QUOTE]

agreed... Although Vista is screwed up atm, I am sure Service packs will fix it shortly. However I really can't afford to install it at this time because of the risk of BSOD if I do it now vs a clean install. Getting it for 50% the set MSRP is a good deal as MS rarely price drops there OS. I probably won't get around to installing vista til my next upgrade OR next year. BTW, Can Compusa really get away with Selling vista CHEAPER then what MS tells them to?

[quote name='ITDEFX']agreed... Although Vista is screwed up atm, I am sure Service packs will fix it shortly. However I really can't afford to install it at this time because of the risk of BSOD if I do it now vs a clean install. Getting it for 50% the set MSRP is a good deal as MS rarely price drops there OS. I probably won't get around to installing vista til my next upgrade OR next year. BTW, Can Compusa really get away with Selling vista CHEAPER then what MS tells them to?[/quote]
I totally agree, the price of XP is still expensive if you have to purchase it still. Getting Vista for 50% off is a huge deal. I decided to purchase it because I intend on my next laptop being a Mac so I want to install Vista on it and use via bootcamp. No way I'll be able to get Vista Home Professional this cheap next year when I get my laptop.

Also, I jumped on the last copies of these games at 40% off. I think if I hold off any longer the last copies will be bought. This is what I was able to buy.

360 Gears of War Collectors Edition $41.99
PS2 Street Fighter Alpha Anthology $17.99
PS2 Rogue Galaxy $23.99
Xbx Mortal Kombat Annihilation $11.99
Xbox Live 12 Month Subscription $29.99

Not sure if I'm going to keep all of these. I don't have a 360 yet so I might put Gears Collectors Edition up for trade.

[quote name='MadFlava']I totally agree, the price of XP is still expensive if you have to purchase it still. Getting Vista for 50% off is a huge deal. I decided to purchase it because I intend on my next laptop being a Mac so I want to install Vista on it and use via bootcamp. No way I'll be able to get Vista Home Professional this cheap next year when I get my laptop.

Also, I jumped on the last copies of these games at 40% off. I think if I hold off any longer the last copies will be bought. This is what I was able to buy.

360 Gears of War Collectors Edition $41.99
PS2 Street Fighter Alpha Anthology $17.99
PS2 Rogue Galaxy $23.99
Xbx Mortal Kombat Annihilation $11.99
Xbox Live 12 Month Subscription $29.99

Not sure if I'm going to keep all of these. I don't have a 360 yet so I might put Gears Collectors Edition up for trade.[/QUOTE]

I would love that Gears CE...even though I don't have a 360...but I doubt I have persuasive enough trade bait.

If you consider selling, please PM...

Did anybody pick up a copy of Burning Crusade that they could sell from this CompUSA adventure? I checked the one in Greensboro, NC and they didn't have anything on sale period, and I was really hoping to get it on the cheap. PM me?

I'm going to be heading back to my CompUSA in the next couple days. They had a ton of Burning Crusade there for $20. If anyone wants one, I'd be glad to pick it up and ship it out. Let me know.

Personally, I'm going for a Windows Vista if they have any left.

The full version of Vista Business rang up as $149.99 at the Philadelphia location.

If you don't see any copies at your store, ask the manager. They might be more copies kept in a cabinet away from the display case.

holy shit some fatwallet assclowns cleaned out all versions of Vista at fairlakes, va!!! According to the big wanna be rapper dork, he said two guys came in and bought all there versions of vista for like 2 grand in cash! Some one is defenitly flipping them for big time profit. With 50% off, if they find a place that takes them back with no questions, then shit they are making some serious money on that *deal*

games are now 40 percent off. the best selection of games left are for 360. Far cry for $49.99 waz the only wii game and no ps3 game. Also some accessories were as well (controllers, 3 month gold kit, 1 month card, and other stuff. Employees prolly got first grabs on anything else night before.

Picked up crackdown with the halo 3 beta for $35.99 and King Kong 360 for $10.78

EDIT: Still have plent of expansions of wow for 50 percent off

Never mind i found my answer DAMMIT. No stores near me closing. its wierd cus fresno store in california was on the blowout liquidation and now they arent closing.

Hit up the Columbus, OH Easton store again today. There are supposedly 11 days left for the store to be open and everything is now in the 40-60% off range. The 360 selection was mostly crap, though they had things like Tiger Woods for $20 and the Madden HOF edition, but nothing jumped out at me.

Instead, I picked up Vista Home Premium full version (now 50% off there) for $120, a Vista Home Premium upgrade for $80 and Burning Crusade for $20. They had some of all three left (not many premium upgrades) and you have to ask at the counter for the Vista stuff.

i didn't want to keep going back to the compusa store to see if they'll have their manager's special half off on Burning Crusade (which they never did), so I just picked it up since their PC software and stuff is 50% off now. Bunch of other stuff 40-60%.

In the Houston area, it's 50-70% off at Sugarland and Willowbrook stores with one week left until the stores close, still 40-60% off at North Houston with 11 days left as of today. I went to all three today, since I'm new in town and thought I'd go for a ride hehe.

Sugarland and Willowbrook were pretty much cleaned out but plenty of copies of WoW expansion and Windows Vista in all flavors at 60% off. Some SOE 90-day games cards at 60% off were a good deal too. Willowbrook has a few Wii games left $49.99 minus 50% off, they had Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Splinter Cell, Avatar, and Ant Bully.

North Houston still had good video games left as of this afternoon--copies of Gears of War, Lost Planet, Crackdown, and Oblivion were behind the counter in the glass case mixed in with the same Wii titles I mentioned and dozens on PS3 games all at 40%.

Hope this helps :)

Went to the Dublin, OH store this morning; discounts are now 60-80% throughout the store. Picked up Vista Home Premium (full package) for ~$76 incl. tax (no more Ultimate copies left). Video games (what's left) are 60% off now.

Culver City, CA had lots of Spellcaster2, City of Villains, and King Kong for PC at 70% off. Quite a few strategy guides also at 80% off (Chromehounds, Lego Star Wars 2, Need Speed Carbon). Not much left for console games at 60% off (Amped 360, Just Cause xbox). And lots of 360 Monster cables (Svideo, optical audio).

Is there a definitive last date, or does it depend on the store?

I was there last week...decent selection of game and gear, but the prices were jacked, so no savings...Splinter Cell DA 360 $69.99...GTA VCS PSP 49.99 and so on..

They were selling 1 GB crap brand USB sticks at $99! 25% Off that. These must have been 14.99 before they initiated the Out of Business Thing.

I'm sure there were some decent deals I missed.....I bought an opened item kit for my Treo at 9.99....Still only 50% off original opened item.

Might check back tomorrow.

BTW is there a difference between xbox live and a 360 live subscripiton? I never subscribed to xbox live before I got my 360...

Thanks
Dirk

I just stopped in today and my friend that works there said that some dudes came in when they opened and bought all 45 Vista Home Premium/Business/Ultimate versions they had. Bastards... I wanted to get Ultimate for $70. :(

[quote name='Optical']I just stopped in today and my friend that works there said that some dudes came in when they opened and bought all 45 Vista Home Premium/Business/Ultimate versions they had. Bastards... I wanted to get Ultimate for $70. :([/QUOTE]

yep, there is some sort of orginize thing going on across the country... 2 guys, 23+ copies of vista and 2000 dollars in cash.

bread's done
Back