CompUSA Red Star Inventory Blowout B&M YMMV

little_krampy

CAGiversary!
CompUSA has been clearancing some inventory for some time now. I don't know if this is a new promo that I stumbled upon or not. But I noticed on the website there is a red star thing going on right now where you save an additional 25% off the clearance price. AND you can check your local stores inventory online! Just looking through a few Wisconsin stores...which I'm not even close to unfortunately...I see some nice deals on hardware. Just thought I'd mention this so hopefully some of you CAGs can score some nice deals.

Link to store selection page
- Select your state
- then on the next page click on "See this store's listing of blowout items"

Examples from Brookfield location:
Norwood P42BSAT 42-inch Plasma EDTV $899.98 - $225.00 = $674.98 (2 in stock)
Game Boy Advance SP, Onyx $49.98 - $12.50 = $37.48 (2 in stock)
GameCube, Platinum Limited Edition $74.98 - $18.75 = $56.23 (4 in stock)

Examples from Madison location:
Magnavox 15MF150V/37 15-inch LCD TV $249.98 - $62.50 = $187.48 (2 in stock)
Xbox Console $99.98 - $25.00 = $74.98 (2 in stock)

Just looking through some other stores I've seen some of the following:
GB Micro Black for $69.98 - $17.50 = $52.48
DS Electric Blue for $119.98 - $30 = $89.98
PS2 Slimline for $129.98 - $32.50 = $97.48
PSP for $179.98 - $45 = $134.98

Might want to try using this too
$10 off $100 purchase

[quote name='Logain8955']PC Gamers were 70% off at Oxnard's Compusa. Picked up Gothic 3 for 12 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Niceeeeeeeeeeeee.

Am I the only one that made out like a bandit from this sale? My local store's last day was today and games were 70% off. I picked up for PSP:

Loco Roco - $12
Platypus - $6 (2 copies)
Gunpey - $7.50
Bounty Hounds - $10.50

Can't really complain about those prices :) They had more stuff but mostly either junk or stuff I didn't want - tons of copies of Fusion Frenzy 2 and Pimp My Ride for 360. Blazing Angels 360 would have been $18 but even that I thought was too high. Also passed up Chili Con Carnage and Gun for PSP. Anyone else score anything?

[quote name='rarebucky']Am I the only one that made out like a bandit from this sale? My local store's last day was today and games were 70% off. I picked up for PSP:

Loco Roco - $12
Platypus - $6 (2 copies)
Gunpey - $7.50
Bounty Hounds - $10.50

Can't really complain about those prices :) They had more stuff but mostly either junk or stuff I didn't want - tons of copies of Fusion Frenzy 2 and Pimp My Ride for 360. Blazing Angels 360 would have been $18 but even that I thought was too high. Also passed up Chili Con Carnage and Gun for PSP. Anyone else score anything?[/QUOTE]

You were, indeed, pretty lucky. I've been to at least three local stores and they've had absolute *junk* to speak of, in terms of what I've been searching for. In my case, it actually happens to be PSP stuff. Your prices are pretty good (I'd have *definitely* sprung for Platypus at $6), but I picked up Gunpey from BB's frontlane stuff with the $5 off coupon this past week for $5.

I'd be tempted to get LocoRoco, but I just *know* that that game is going to end up in frontlane stuff, as has Exit, which I also picked up for $5 last week.

But anyway, that was a pretty nice score for you, yes. Hardly typical of the CompUSAs around here, though.

Hit 4 CompUSAs in NJ today. One of them had most stuff up to 80% off (And they made an announcement while I was in the store that today was the final day they were open). The others were still 40-60%. One of these said 7 days left The other 2 didn't have anything up saying when they were closing. They were all pretty cleaned out by that point but I did get some goodies at 80% off.

Gothic 3, Spellforce 2, Some RPG collection for PC, Warhammer Battle for Atluma for PSP, Over G Fighters, Bullet Witch, and Blazing Angels for 360.

hey...i was at the 2 in paramus about 2 hours ago...the one that was 70-80 kept making annoucements...was shocked that they had a ton of the 360 VGA cables and monster cables

Went by the Modesto, CA one again, up to 40-60 percent off now. They had signs that said closing in 10 days. Games are pretty much junk now. They did have some copies of Vista and Office for 50 percent off. There really isn't much left. Like I said, they had Vista and Office and those were the only thing really worth buying that was left. Also they had one BFG 8800gts 320mb for 40 percent off from $400, so around $250 or so.

In St. Louis, the Ballwin and Sunset Hills stores are closing either Sunday or Monday. Everything (with the exception of computers) is 60 to 80% off, and I think it's going to 70 to 90 on Sunday. Video games are 60% off right now. I picked up a Windows Vista Home Basic upgrade for $29 at Sunset Hills, but they sold out before I even left the store. Bridgeton will be open for "10 days" still, and everything is 40-60% there (including some TVs at 40%).

stopped by Fairlakes, va again.

nothing but junk left!!

However i did pick up the following items
two copies of CoH for 1.39 each!
two CoV 2 month time cards (4 month total) for 5.99 each!
Xbox Superman returns 1.99!!!!
another copy of the scar face guide box, 1.69

total spent, 19.37!!!!

tv's are gone, printers are gone, software is nothing but junk, no one is buying those P4-1ghz used store computers. ds games are gone, all ps2 games are gone. some shitty 360 games and xbox games are left. I mean, seriously nothing but junk is left. I am officially done with Compusa.

The Philadelphia store has WOW:BC, D&D:Stormreach, some Netgear hardware, Monster Xbox 360 component cables...and not much else. All console games are gone, along with 99% of their DVDs, software, and PC hardware.

[quote name='happyorangeman']The store in Totowa, NJ is 40-60% off. Did not stop in though. I think I have had it with their crappy sale.[/QUOTE]

Didn't miss much, and that was as of a week ago. Most choice titles picked over but some decent stuff.

I'm going to go Saturday morning (the last day supposedly) and see what I can get a copy of at its maximum cheapest. No expectations if people here were willing to buy games at 15% off. :p

It's amazing what people will buy at a crappy discount. I finally returned to a local CompUSA and found the place was almost completely blown out.

That said, I found a few good deals:

Microsoft Xbox 360 Component HD AV Cable. $4 ($40 - 90%)
Plantronics GameCom X30 headset for Xbox 360. $4 ($40 - 90%)
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. Two-disc SE DVD. $4 ($20 - 80%)

While the pickings are incredibly slim, you might find a few gems among the broken inkjet printers and "for parts" 15" CRT monitors!

I've been able to pick up Burnout Revenge, Dead or Alive 4, Moto GP '06, and Condemned from this sale. Everyone might hate CompUSA but they've hooked me up from this sale.

[quote name='nikelecious91']anyone been to the king of prussia,pa one?[/QUOTE]

Was 40-60% off yesterday, according to the signs that they had people carrying on rt 202. Stuff was pretty picked over last thursday, so is probably even more so after another weekend. They had a few computers for 20% off, but they were well used display models. PC games were 50% off, console games were 40% off. Kind of hit or miss depending on your interests, since the stuff was priced highly to begin with and the selection is not great.

The sign that they had posted last thursday said 11 days left, so they must be down to about a week now.

Fountain Valley, CA should be closing today or tomorrow. Stopped by on Saturday, was pretty much gone. Picked up a X360 Monster Cable component hookups for $20 (Reg. 59.99) and a case for my Zune 9.xx (Reg 29.99). Checked the gaming section and they were 60% off...PS2/XBOX junk nothing worth mentioning.

The Compusa in my area of Atlanta has a few games I'm interested in. . .for the right price. Unfortunately, the games are locked in a metal bin and most of them are unmarked and it's impossible to find good help (shocker). They are currently 40% off so if I just knew the prices. . . Since most people have listed the actual price they bought them for, could anyone tell me how much the starting cost of the following was if they saw or bought it:
All for 360

Condemned
Burnout Revenge
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Bulletwitch
Just Cause
NCAA 2k7
NBA 2k7
MotoGP06

Thanks in advance!

[quote name='jdawgg76']The Compusa in my area of Atlanta has a few games I'm interested in. . .for the right price. Unfortunately, the games are locked in a metal bin and most of them are unmarked and it's impossible to find good help (shocker). They are currently 40% off so if I just knew the prices. . . Since most people have listed the actual price they bought them for, could anyone tell me how much the starting cost of the following was if they saw or bought it:
All for 360

Condemned
Burnout Revenge
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Bulletwitch
Just Cause
NCAA 2k7
NBA 2k7
MotoGP06

Thanks in advance![/quote]

Wow, yours is only at 40% off? Mine closed yesterday. Anyway, I saw the price of some of those games when I was there last Friday.

NFS:MW $29.99 or $39.99, can't remember which
NCAA 2k7 $39.99
NBA 2k7 $39.99

Thats all mine had. I got NBA2k7 for $16.00.

They shipped out anything decent, and made the anxious sale customers fight over what meager scraps remain.

Good thing you're clearing out, because after this kind of performance, I wouldn't want you around anyways.

[quote name='Optical']Wow, yours is only at 40% off? Mine closed yesterday. Anyway, I saw the price of some of those games when I was there last Friday.

NFS:MW $29.99 or $39.99, can't remember which
NCAA 2k7 $39.99
NBA 2k7 $39.99

Thats all mine had. I got NBA2k7 for $16.00.[/quote]

Thanks! Do you remember how many days were left when it hit 60% off? There's nine days left in Atlanta.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Thanks! Do you remember how many days were left when it hit 60% off? There's nine days left in Atlanta.[/quote]

This weekend will probably be the last time you'll see anything decent in the Duluth store. They will probably change the % sometime later this week.

I picked up Bullet Witch (they had 2 copies) for 49.99 - 40% = 29.99

I took good advantage of the closing in Buffalo. Got Resistance (PS3) for 25% off, then waited and ended up getting Ridge Racer 7 and Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom each for 50% off.

I would say that if there's something you really want, don't wait past 40%. Thats when all the really good stuff in the Buffalo store really disappeared (I lost out on Virtua Fighter 5 and COD 3 by waiting too long).

[quote name='optimusprime']I took good advantage of the closing in Buffalo. Got Resistance (PS3) for 25% off, then waited and ended up getting Ridge Racer 7 and Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom each for 50% off.

I would say that if there's something you really want, don't wait past 40%. Thats when all the really good stuff in the Buffalo store really disappeared (I lost out on Virtua Fighter 5 and COD 3 by waiting too long).[/quote]

I saw this happen at my CompUSA. Once the sale hits 50% off games, then hoarders come in and buy everything up. At 40% off, they still had tons of quality titles.

The problem is, most titles are marked up a good 50% beforehand. So that 50% off still leaves you with a worst price than normal.

I couldn't believe they managed to clear out all the old AMD CPUs at my local CompUSA. They were selling them at prices before 2 of the recent price cuts, and they all sold out at about 40% off. What a total ripoff for any idiot dumb enough to buy those.

i stopped by the fairlakes, va one. They cleared out everything. Nothing was left except a few display cases, registers and so on. Looks like people bought whatever was left..either that or they packed up what they had left and shipped it to the MD stores. They had some nice glass display cases but they were sold off. The liquidator, was this old bearded guy with a southern accent wearing the same hat every day told me the minimum he could sell me stuff was 50 dollars or more + tax. WTF?!?!!?

This guy was a no deals liquidator , unlike the cool guy who ran the liquidation of Tower records who you just throw down a price and he sold it to you :) Oh well bye bye overpriced computer store! Watch within 2 years, the rest of the CompUSA's across the nation will shut down and the remaining stores will have BETTER close out sales then these :(

Went back to Comp USA saturday in Webster TX. They had a big sign outside that says Closing Clearance 9 days left. (as of 5-5-07)

Most everything was 40-60% off. They had a small selection of 360 games, but none of them were any real amazing bargains. They were all pretty much full MSRP -40%. Titles they had at the time for 360 were Madden 07, NCAA 07, NBA Live 07, Over the Hedge ($12), Just Cause, & a few other crap titles. They also had a small selection of PSP & PS3 titles. I remember seeing about 5 PS3 titles & they were down to about $35 a pop. Remember seeing Gundam for PS3. They also had some 3 month Xbox Live kits with Joust & mics.

The store was really pretty bare. They had several pc titles & prepaid cards mostly for online pc games. They had alot of blank media left, but they prices were full msrp -discount & were not really cheap. I do remember see alot of blank blue ray discs, but never checked the prices. I also remember seeing 1 big screen tv left for about $1300 that was fairly nice looking, but it was being used as a display. They had a couple Tivo units for around $70ish, 1 HD DVD player marked to around $200 which looked nice. They had a ton of old used pcs that were wiped out & priced at $50 as well as several misc pc & entertainment center cables.

They had some DVDs still, but nothing amazing. Most of them were about $5 after the 1/2 off discount. They had a few AMD motherboards & processors & a few car radio kits for I believe Sirius radio. One thing they did seem to have an abundance of was ink carts for Lexmark & HP printers. They had around 10 or so old bulky crt monitors. Really though I wouldn't go expecting to find too much as what was left of the store was all pushed to the middle of the store & looked rather raped over.

I did end up purchasing 2 items, but neither was an amazing buy. I found a sealed Harmony 659 remote for $77, I thought it seamed like a fairly good buy on it, but I ended up paying about $10 more that they were selling for on ebay. I also picked up a 3 Doors Down LE Monster THX/DTS DVD for $5.

If you're going to go there, you better go soon as I'm sure by next weekend most everything will be gone. Ohh yeah & I remember about 10 - 15 360 VGA cables & at least 2 or 3 different copies of Windows Vista.

[quote name='dhelmuth']This weekend will probably be the last time you'll see anything decent in the Duluth store. They will probably change the % sometime later this week.

I picked up Bullet Witch (they had 2 copies) for 49.99 - 40% = 29.99[/quote]

Stopped by on my way home from work on Tues. They had already posted the signs for 50-70%, which will be effective Wednesday morning. A lot of the 360 titles were gone already, though a few titles were still left. Condemned, a Bullet Witch, a lot of sports games....

[quote name='dhelmuth']Stopped by on my way home from work on Tues. They had already posted the signs for 50-70%, which will be effective Wednesday morning. A lot of the 360 titles were gone already, though a few titles were still left. Condemned, a Bullet Witch, a lot of sports games....[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. Saw that on my way home after they closed. Don't know if I can get there before 3 tomorrow, so I hope it's not all gone. Went to Lenox location on my break and found that they are already closed.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Thanks for the heads up. Saw that on my way home after they closed. Don't know if I can get there before 3 tomorrow, so I hope it's not all gone. Went to Lenox location on my break and found that they are already closed.[/quote]

Bought a Photoshop CS2 Windows upgrade for 199 - 60% this morning, games and accerrories are 50% off, movies 60% off. Probably getting close to being wiped out game-wise by now. A lot of flash drives left, some Mac software, and a lot of cellphone/iPod accessories...

This clearance has been slow and painful watching great items get picked up at terrible discounts. Was able to finally pick up a handful of decent items once it dropped to 50% discount on games including:

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (wii)
Socom Combined Assault
LOTR: BFME II (360)
Condemend (360)
Gun (PSP)
Capcom Puzzle (PSP)
NBA 2K7 (PS3)
PDZ (360)

Zelda was my best find at 50% off.

Went by Novi, MI at lunch - they had a big sign on the door indicating the markdowns until they close Monday (going by my usually faulty memory here)...
Wed/Thurs 50-70% off
Fri/Sat 60-80% off
Sun 70-90% off
...and on Monday discounts will go up until everything is gone and they close the doors.

Very few games left (PSU for the 360 is $29.99 - 50%, $5+tax more than the Amazon DOTD :p )
Laptops and PCs are 30% off (a few Vaio Lappys in box - everything else is demos).

Ran by the Sunset Hills, MO store yesterday, and they were already closed. I'm guessing the other two stores in the St. Louis area should also be closed, though I'll need to try and check the other two stores today.

Thanks for the local MI update..im closer to the Sterling Heights store..I hope I can sqeeze in some kind of decent deal out of this. Ive done better with YMMV manager sales Thus far.

[quote name='shrike4242']Ran by the Sunset Hills, MO store yesterday, and they were already closed. I'm guessing the other two stores in the St. Louis area should also be closed, though I'll need to try and check the other two stores today.[/quote]

One in downtown Atlanta surprisingly closed, but another one on the perimeter is still open (I don't know about the others) and they were on the same % off progression as recently as last week so it's worth a shot if you think they'll have something. I know in the past they had shipped clearanced games to other stores in the area, so maybe they shipped the rest of the stuff to another store this time, too.

Went by Novi, MI at lunch - they had a big sign on the door indicating the markdowns until they close Monday (going by my usually faulty memory here)...
Wed/Thurs 50-70% off
Fri/Sat 60-80% off
Sun 70-90% off
...and on Monday discounts will go up until everything is gone and they close the doors

The Duluth, Atlanta store had the exact same schedule posted. Crappy movies at 60%, PC games were 50 or 60%, still had some games, I think mostly cause they're not price tagged. I did pick up Condemned (15), Need for Speed Most Wanted (15) and Just Cause (20). I knew I'd miss NBA2k7, darn it. They had more (360) NFSMW, King Kong, Ridge Racer, Madden 07, NCAA Football 07, Live Arcade (xbox) thrillville, just cause, madden 07, ncaa 07 (football and basketball). That's all I can remember, but if you ask about a specific game I'll probably remember (except for DS or PSP).

Parsippany NJ is closed. East Hanover NJ (well, the one on route 10) and Totowa NJ will close on Monday. Nothing too exciting at either.

Sterling Heights MI stores is CLOSED. Ah well. I hope something good replaces that store, That used to be a Kmart until that went under as well. Thats strip mall never did do well. :cry:

Braintree, MA store is closed. ( Found out after traveling there on the red line. bummer. :/ )

Brighton, MA store is closing soon. I think this weekend is the last chance you'll have at it. All console games are long gone.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Sterling Heights MI stores is CLOSED. Ah well. I hope something good replaces that store, That used to be a Kmart until that went under as well. Thats strip mall never did do well. :cry:[/quote]

I drove by the Troy store last night and they were also closed. Oh well they didn't have anything that I wanted anyway. At least at what they were charging!

bread's done
Back