Computer fan

assassinX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
For some reason my computer fan is not on and I afraid somehting might happen later on to my computer, any ideas on why it has stopped, or how to fix it? Thanks for all your advice.

[quote name='assassinX']For some reason my computer fan is not on and I afraid somehting might happen later on to my computer, any ideas on why it has stopped, or how to fix it? Thanks for all your advice.[/QUOTE]

Did you check if the wire came lose from the mother board?

If your power supply fan isn't working, then turn off your computer immediately and buy a new PSU. If your CPU fan isn't working, then you can probably still use it for light tasks. Get a replacement fan as soon as possible. If a case fan has died, order a replacement and open your case for better airflow in the meantime.

How do i know if my power supply fan is not working? I know that heat is slowly flowing out of the case , but thats about it.

Fans die. Especially case fans. My exhaust fan died a few months ago and I had no idea, until the day my computer kept shutting down during games because of overheating.

Easiest way to check if a fan is dead is to, obviously, look at it when it's on. I'm guessing your case fan is dead - find out the size, head to Newegg.com or your case manufacturer's website, and get a new one that fits. Installation is relatively simple and you'll be up in no time.

I got a lot of fans (pun? ). One for both of my Hardrive, one for CPU, two for PSU, two for Videocard, one for the mobo, and one for my ram. Yet I have never checked whether they are still running or not since I installed em.

Ok I got my new psu a forton. Now my computer turns on, but the fan wont.. also if I like plug in like the floppy power my whole computer wont turn on.

[quote name='assassinX']Ok I got my new psu a forton. Now my computer turns on, but the fan wont.. also if I like plug in like the floppy power my whole computer wont turn on.[/QUOTE]

what fan are you speaking of

[quote name='assassinX']The Power Supply Fan. It like wont spin.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you have a defective power supply.

If the powersupply fan does not kick over, then your motherboard is toast, memory is bad or cpu is fried. Get a freind to test each component for you on thier system and narrow down the issue.

bread's done
Back