Computer question(usb fried)

Rags

CAGiversary!
My mother in laws computer broke recently.... I was able to fix it no prob but then she said she did not want it back. It had decent enough specs so I decided to take pretty much everything out the old Vaio case that it was in(motherboard and such) and put it into a case I had sitting around.

Anyway, when getting it back together I was having trouble with the USB ports(none working).
My wife then told me that the USB ports were all fried.....

I have seen PCI slot USB ports for purchase. But all that I have been able to find requires that a USB wire be ran from inside the case from another USB port to the PCI USB slot to be able to make it work(sorta like an internal USB splitter)

So here is the question...... Anybody have any ideas where I can go about getting something that may remedy this prob since it has no USB ports that work? It can be an internal fix or external. But I'd prefer an internal one.

Actually you can get a usb pci card from walmart that will work. Most of those cards have something to run a wire from inside to the pci usb slot but they don't require it. On a side note you probably would've gotten a quicker response had you posted this in the pc forum. Newegg isn't working for me right now otherwise I'd post a link to a card on there.

bread's done
Back