Conan dropped to 39.99 at most retailers.

I actually liked the game there were some crotch-grabbingly annoying segments (I'm looking at you last level) but overall it was by no means awful, I would say it's worth 15- 20 bucks. It's no God of War thats for sure....

I hated the 2nd meeting with the giant fellow... forgot his name... but you kick his butt once and he pulls out another dang weapon... and you have to do it again... annoying as heck.

It's like a (much) slower paced God of War with the ability to pick up other people's weapons. Man, I really, really, really loved this game. Especially when the enemy goes to swing at you and I do a quick attack and chop his arm off.

lol
i just actually picked this up at best buy today after some returning and the $10 off coupon :)
i thoroughly enjoyed the demo too :)

I'm a big fan of the Dark Horse Comics comic book, so I'll give this a try sooner or later, but definitely when the game is cheaper. Too much to play now anyways.

Played the game through to completion, there were quite a few crummy parts to this game. Enemies whose shields grow spikes, the last master was pretty horrible as well, and someone already mentioned the bald Giant and his lion whom you fight... While the fighting feels great and helps to remedy some of the complaints; to me the biggest thing that kills this game is Ron Perlman's terrible voice acting; if ever a game called for an Arnold impersonator, then this was it. Ron's voice sounds horrible for Conan.

On top of that after finally playing through the original God of War this past weekend, Conan seems so small in scope that it's mere existence becomes a joke. This game is definitely a sub $20 game, I'll actually hold out until the game gets even lower.

Thanks anyway OP. Where did you find out your information though, just wondering?

[quote name='spideymike']I'm a big fan of the Dark Horse Comics comic book, so I'll give this a try sooner or later, but definitely when the game is cheaper. Too much to play now anyways.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I loved the comic books and the movies. I wish they would make another movie or a new tv show.

Conan! Now only eight times more expensive than it's worth!

[quote name='Final Starman']If the full version is anything like the demo, its not even worth $10...[/quote]

I just played (is that the right word?) the demo the other day.

Couldn't agree with you more.

[quote name='pcktlnt']Is it really that horrible? I enjoyed the demo. Just wish it was Arnold's voice though. But I guess he's too busy.[/quote]

Its actually not based on the Conan Arnold portrayed.

It is actually a pretty nice guilty pleasure. It really plays differently than God of War, even though they both are gussied up hack and slashers. I grew to accept the voice acting, even though it is not the best. The fatalities never got old. I mean, how can you not like the ability to remove the lims of some annoying swordsman or execute a fatality called "Cleave in twain"?

I agree that the spike shileds were extremely annoying, but once I figured out the last boss, he was not that annoying. It's worth $40 if you like the game style.

bread's done
Back