concert ticket prices insane

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
heard on the phone that Def Leppard was coming back to town and though it would be at a nightclub, Then found out its going to be at our local arena and found out the prices OUCH

UPPER LEVEL
US $33.00 - US $53.00 this would be at the top of the buliding seeing nothing LOL

CLUB 400
US $53.00 - US $67.50 still crappy seats

ARENA LEVEL
US $33.00 - US $133.00

FLOOR SEATS
US $53.00 - US $133.00

Thats right your talking 133 bucks to get a good seat ...... Im shocked they would even attempt to get this kind of money. They came a few years back and a place that can hold 12000+ only 2300 seats were sold. It was so quite that you could hear the feedback after each song LOL

[quote name='darthbudge']Overall, that seems fairly reasonable for a big name show like that. Just get some mid-range tickets...[/QUOTE]

didnt think they were a BIG name any longer though. I remember seeing them back in the early 90s and only paying 25 bucks per ticket... Man i miss those ticket price days : )

one nice thing i will say about them is they Will play the concert no matter how many tickets get sold. Unlike poison a few years back Faked a sickness so they could cancell a concert...

They said bret was VERY VERY ILL but was able to play a 4 hour concert the next night in indy LOL

166 bucks + ticketmaster fees

Floor seats 8 rows back from stage ..... if i had the cash maybe LOL

seems only floor seats can get at this time

yeah those prices arent that bad, friend and I paid more for our aerosmith tickets a few years ago, but being 50 feet from steven tyler was so worth it. damn that man is skinny :lol:

Jay-Z/Mary J. Blige tickets were like $500 (floor).
Madonna tickets are $350.
$133 is nothing.

It all depends on the act.
I remember reading about how some Avril Lavigne tickets were selling for like $9. Some arenas even resorted to just giving tickets away, since they apparently weren't selling.

That's what you get for going to arena shows with bands like Def Leppard, REO Speedwagon, and Styx. Even if you get cheap seats, you'll still have a good time enjoying the music.

That said, go to smaller shows and support the clubs and bands you love. There are always ways to avoid paying ridiculous service fees and handling charges.

[quote name='lmz00']Jay-Z/Mary J. Blige tickets were like $500 (floor).
[/quote]

$500 bucks!!! oh geez were was that?

Weren't tickets for The Police comeback concert some ridiculous price? I wanna think mid-range was 500 or something like that.

[quote name='Xevious']They have to make up all the money from all the people stealing their music online.[/quote]
Precisely.

Last year, I listed six Spice Girls tickets that were about $150 a piece on StubHub for $655, and one person bought all six. As long as there are people crazy enough to pay that much, ticket prices will probably keep going up.

[quote name='JJSP']That's what you get for going to arena shows with bands like Def Leppard, REO Speedwagon, and Styx. Even if you get cheap seats, you'll still have a good time enjoying the music.

That said, go to smaller shows and support the clubs and bands you love. There are always ways to avoid paying ridiculous service fees and handling charges.[/QUOTE]

bad thing the only major night club we have in the city. pireres or something like that... have now starting charging insane fees as well. I think the last major concert there was like 35 t0 50 bucks per ticket. and this is with drunks screaming and falling into your table all night.

just got to wonder where they come up with these insane prices .... i know one is a music act and one is show but give an idea

THIS CONCERT about i say 10,000 sets (maybe 12,000 depends how they do the stage) if they do the middle of the room stage 12,000 if they do the plan end of the arena stage 10,000

Best ticket 133.00

Walking with dinosaurs the live show BEST SEAT 67,50 almost half price... TOTAL number of seats 2200

so if the arena is charging so much money wouldnt you think the Dino show would cost 5x more then the concert since they have 5 x less seats

and like last time this band came they were lucky to sell 2500 seats(what i think at least 500 to 1000 were giving away free) . At 133 a pop they be lucky to sell 500....

finally yes areosmith is worth the cash. this band though i dont think is.

ALSO i miss the days of normal admission where you can stand on the floor.... There is no why in hell im going to pay 133 bucks to have to sit in a chair and probally sit behind some drunk who stands up screaming all night.

They said they did away with being able to stand cause of lawsuits (people slamming and doing the mosh pit) LOL thats rigt take away the mosh pit but give drunks Big pieces of metal to hit with other with.

I cant remember what concert it was but one a few years ago some drunks took their chairs and flung them at the stage, the band left like 20 mins into the show and it was over... the people ripped the #$##$# out of the arena that night

[quote name='Surferflames']Weren't tickets for The Police comeback concert some ridiculous price? I wanna think mid-range was 500 or something like that.[/QUOTE]

Average floor seat was around $250 or so. I won't complain since I ended up getting two nice floor seats at the last minute for $50. :D

[quote name='slidecage']bad thing the only major night club we have in the city. pireres or something like that... have now starting charging insane fees as well. I think the last major concert there was like 35 t0 50 bucks per ticket. and this is with drunks screaming and falling into your table all night.

just got to wonder where they come up with these insane prices .... i know one is a music act and one is show but give an idea

THIS CONCERT about i say 10,000 sets (maybe 12,000 depends how they do the stage) if they do the middle of the room stage 12,000 if they do the plan end of the arena stage 10,000

Best ticket 133.00

Walking with dinosaurs the live show BEST SEAT 67,50 almost half price... TOTAL number of seats 2200

so if the arena is charging so much money wouldnt you think the Dino show would cost 5x more then the concert since they have 5 x less seats

and like last time this band came they were lucky to sell 2500 seats(what i think at least 500 to 1000 were giving away free) . At 133 a pop they be lucky to sell 500....

finally yes areosmith is worth the cash. this band though i dont think is.

ALSO i miss the days of normal admission where you can stand on the floor.... There is no why in hell im going to pay 133 bucks to have to sit in a chair and probally sit behind some drunk who stands up screaming all night.

They said they did away with being able to stand cause of lawsuits (people slamming and doing the mosh pit) LOL thats rigt take away the mosh pit but give drunks Big pieces of metal to hit with other with.

I cant remember what concert it was but one a few years ago some drunks took their chairs and flung them at the stage, the band left like 20 mins into the show and it was over... the people ripped the #$##$# out of the arena that night[/QUOTE]

You really need to start going to English class.

Clearchannel is the Devil!!!!!!! I work at a concert venue and prices are ridiculous, but like previously stated the artists dont make shit off CD's anymore, so touring is their biggest source of revenue. But seriously, ticket prices did not get insane until CC bought half the radio stations in the US, and now they run most of the big acts. Ever heard of a monopoly?!?!?!

I'm willing to bet slidecage's floor seats that the reason prices are so high is because Def Leppard have an insane guarantee in their contract.

[quote name='karmapolice']slidecage really needs to start going to TEACHING English classes.[/quote]

fix'd

I know I'd go to lern

[quote name='JJSP']I'm willing to bet slidecage's floor seats that the reason prices are so high is because Def Leppard have an insane guarantee in their contract.[/quote]

They all have guarantees..Ive seen an artist get $25,000 cash
and maybe only 100-300 tix sold.

I paid $80 for mid-level Kanye West tickets and $85 for mid-level Radiohead tickets. About $20 of each ticket are ticketbastard fees.

I would love to go see Def Leppard although I fear they won't go on stage and play Pyromania and Hysteria back to back which would be a bit of a disappointment. I do have to say that their new CD is actually pretty good though.

[quote name='terribledeli']I've heard Def Leppard is planning on charge a quarter to just think about going to the concert.[/QUOTE]
I hope I'm not the only one who got this because it is hilarious. I will never forget that thread.

wow lets take a look at the past 5 concerts i went to

May 3rd: NOFX/No Use for a Name/American Steel (NOFX is probably one of the biggest independent punk acts around) I think I paid 26 dollars total (with service charges/shipping) and it was General Admittance (here after known as GA) with photography

April 16th Bouncing Souls (major punk act, been around since 89,) paid around 25 dollars GA right up front with pictures

April 9th Eve 6 (numerous Top 10 hits, recently reformed) paid about 20 dollars a ticket GA with pictures

July of last year (or maybe August..) Rush.. paid 50 or 60 bucks a ticket.. was not even close.. liked it but felt ripped off due to ticket prices

June/July Warped Tour- with Bad Religion, Tiger Army, Pennywise. .. just to name a few.. right up front with pictures paid about 23 dollars a ticket..

As you can see.. 90 percent of the concerts I go to I pay around 20-25 dollars a ticket for GA .. I consider that about "upper" end of what I'm willing to pay to go see a concert.. unless it is just too good for me to pass up (i'm seeing Heart and Journey this summer, and tickets were around 50 dollars each.. and Rush is the rare exception)

[quote name='urzishra14']wow lets take a look at the past 5 concerts i went to

May 3rd: NOFX/No Use for a Name/American Steel (NOFX is probably one of the biggest independent punk acts around) I think I paid 26 dollars total (with service charges/shipping) and it was General Admittance (here after known as GA) with photography

April 16th Bouncing Souls (major punk act, been around since 89,) paid around 25 dollars GA right up front with pictures

April 9th Eve 6 (numerous Top 10 hits, recently reformed) paid about 20 dollars a ticket GA with pictures

July of last year (or maybe August..) Rush.. paid 50 or 60 bucks a ticket.. was not even close.. liked it but felt ripped off due to ticket prices

June/July Warped Tour- with Bad Religion, Tiger Army, Pennywise. .. just to name a few.. right up front with pictures paid about 23 dollars a ticket..

As you can see.. 90 percent of the concerts I go to I pay around 20-25 dollars a ticket for GA .. I consider that about "upper" end of what I'm willing to pay to go see a concert.. unless it is just too good for me to pass up (i'm seeing Heart and Journey this summer, and tickets were around 50 dollars each.. and Rush is the rare exception)[/QUOTE]

i dont think they had a concert here in years with GA... I miss the old GA days where you could stand or sit anywhere you wanted.

i think the last GA concert i went to was Megadeth back in 05 or 06

[quote name='urzishra14']As you can see.. 90 percent of the concerts I go to I pay around 20-25 dollars a ticket for GA .. I consider that about "upper" end of what I'm willing to pay to go see a concert.. unless it is just too good for me to pass up (i'm seeing Heart and Journey this summer, and tickets were around 50 dollars each.. and Rush is the rare exception)[/QUOTE]

I hear you on that. I would of gone to Yes had they of come here on their "Close To The Edge And Back" tour. Rumors say that there might be some new material played during this tour as well. Regardless I might jump in and get an ticket for the Crosby, Stills, and Nash show that's in an month or two. $70 is pretty good for an lower level seat.

Oh, and fuck you Andy Summers, Stewart Copeland, and Sting for only NOW adding Demolition Man to your setlist. And not come here with it. :bomb:

bread's done
Back