Confirmed address/paypal question... add "Jr." to the name?

slimpip

CAGiversary!
I just sold my DS Lite (white) with Mario Kart, New Mario, and Brain Age for a surprisingly high 209.50 shipped. The paypal address is confirmed, however the note asks that I add (JR) to the name.

I don't know if "JR" is enough to get me scammed, so I was wondering if anyone else knew of such circumstances. Not to mention the winner just registered this week and has only 1 feedback.

I'll be sending the package either way, and I'll report back... but I want to know my chances either way. :)

Big thing about being a Jr is if a package comes in, your father will open it and think there was a mistake, or will put it somewhere and will forget about it. I dont think it would cause any problems if you added it.

[quote name='slimpip']I just sold my DS Lite (white) with Mario Kart, New Mario, and Brain Age for a surprisingly high 209.50 shipped. The paypal address is confirmed, however the note asks that I add (JR) to the name.

I don't know if "JR" is enough to get me scammed, so I was wondering if anyone else knew of such circumstances. Not to mention the winner just registered this week and has only 1 feedback.

I'll be sending the package either way, and I'll report back... but I want to know my chances either way. :)[/QUOTE]
Probably lives with his dad and doesn't want him opening it.
BTW, I like the avatar. Viggo rules!

If you use PayPal shipping to print the label editing the address in any way causes it to flip to unconfirmed. I've actually had a case where the confirmed address throws an error in PayPal shipping due to an obvious typo/non-standard abbreviation. Couldn't believe they'd actually confirm an address that isn't valid for their shipping program.

Anyway sounds like you aren't using PayPal shipping, so I don't know how PayPal would rule.

Speaking of which, how do you change your name in paypal? It's been stuck on my dad's name ever since I opened the account 3 years ago.

Well, the buyer has since left good feedback and the 'Jr.' addition wasn't a problem (for me).

But as wubb said, I could not use Paypal shipping, which was no big deal. As for switching the name? I have no idea.

bread's done
Back