Confirmed: Fake TGS 07 SEGA game list! (Sorry Shenmue fans!)

deadite76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Thanks Cao Cao for clearing things up!

[quote name='Cao Cao']I guess that now it's official, the list is a fake. A commenter at Kotaku posted this link to a Chinese message board, where the first poster was making an e3 2007 wish-list on July 16th. Looks like someone (or multiple people) took this person's list, changed the e3 2007 header to TGS 2007, reposted it on other boards, and sent it to blogs.[/QUOTE]

Alien Syndrome (Wii, PSP)
After Burner: Black Falcon (PSP)
Beijing 2008: the Official Videogame of the Olympic Games (PS2, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PSP, DS, PC)
ChuChu Rocket! (XBLA, PC)
Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars (PSP)
Fighters Megamix 2 (Xbox 360, PS3)
Ghost Squad (Wii)
Happy Tree Friends False Alarm (XBLA, PC)
Jet Set Radio Next (Xbox 360, PS3)
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Wii, DS)
Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms Visit (PC)
Nights: Journey of Dreams (Wii)
Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus (PS2, Xbox 360, PC)
Samba De Amigo Fever (PSP)
Sega Classics Collection 2 (PS2,PSP)
Sega Rally Revo (Xbox 360, PS3, PSP, PC)
Sega Superstar 2 (Wii)
Shenmue 3 (Xbox 360)
Shenmue I & II Plus (Xbox 360)
Skies of Arcadia 2 (Wii)
Sonic Rivals 2 (PSP)
Sonic Rush Adventure (DS)
Sonic the RPG (Xbox 360, PS3)
Space Channel 5 Part 3 (Xbox 360, PS3)
Space Channel 5 Showtime (Wii, DS, PSP)
The Club (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
The Golden Compass (PS2, PC, DS, Xbox 360, PSP, PS3, Wii)
The House of the Dead 4 (Xbox 360, PS3)
Universe at War: Earth Assault (Xbox 360, PC)
Virtua Fighter 5 (Xbox 360, PS3)
Virtua Fighter Kids 2 (Wii)
Worldwide Soccer Manager Live (Xbox 360, PC)
Yakuza 3 (PS3)

http://www.xbox360rally.com/mill-o-rumour-shenmue-iii-for-xbox-360/#more-1131

They claim that their source has been reliable in the past, so let's hope this is more than a rumor!

Fighters Megamix 2 (Xbox 360, PS3)

LIES!!!!!!!!!1111 No fucking way! I won't believe it until I see it and if I see it, I'll crap my pants.

Took them long enough to get ChuChu Rocket on the XBLA.

Oh and Jet Set Radio Next ? :drool:

Nice. Just called my local GS. $4 with manual and box for JSRF.

Seriously doubt this is real. I mean, it's way way way way too good to be true.
If it is, though, I'll be really, really fuckin' happy.

This is the most amazing list of games I've seen in years.

Seriously, if these Jet Set and Shenmue games are actual shown, I will cream my pants faster than a 12 year old with a victoria's secret catalogue.

Best ones (more than half of them):

ChuChu Rocket! (XBLA, PC)
Ghost Squad (Wii)
Happy Tree Friends False Alarm (XBLA, PC)
Jet Set Radio Next (Xbox 360, PS3)
Nights: Journey of Dreams (Wii)
Samba De Amigo Fever (PSP)
Shenmue 3 (Xbox 360)
Shenmue I & II Plus (Xbox 360)
Skies of Arcadia 2 (Wii)
Sonic the RPG (Xbox 360, PS3)
Space Channel 5 Part 3 (Xbox 360, PS3)
Space Channel 5 Showtime (Wii, DS, PSP)
The Club (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
The House of the Dead 4 (Xbox 360, PS3)
Virtua Fighter 5 (Xbox 360, PS3)

I'm pretty skeptical of this list, mainly these two games:

-Samba De Amigo Fever (PSP)
-Sonic the RPG (Xbox 360, PS3)

Sonic RPG has already been announced for DS, and why in the WORLD would there be a new Samba De Amigo on PSP instead of Wii?!

Unless they just mixed up the consoles....?

Guess I'LL see when I go to TGS next month! :D

Is Sega even capable of pumping out that many titles? Even EA would be hard pressed to have the manpower for that many games and they are the biggest in the industry.

Considering everything Sega touches lately turns to shit, I doubt that list is real. Far too many games fans have wanted for a long time. Everyone knows Sega hates us.

[quote name='Chacrana']Seriously doubt this is real. I mean, it's way way way way too good to be true.
If it is, though, I'll be really, really fuckin' happy.[/QUOTE]

fucking agreed! Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue, Jet Set Radio!1111

man, if they rerelease Shenmue, PLEASE include the original Japanese tracks...

... man. How huge would a next-gen Shenmue be? That shit was monstrous.

(I'm speaking of the size of the world.)

[quote name='Brak']... man. How huge would a next-gen Shenmue be? That shit was monstrous.

(I'm speaking of the size of the world.)[/quote]
Probably a lot smaller scale than GTA4. Shenmue was revolutionary when it came out but compared to other sandbox games, it doesn't hold a candle. I don't think they would have the capablity of making something as grand as GTA (not with their recent track record).

That is huge.

If there were an Achievement for losing all of your money on Lucky Hit, I'd have that one, too.

[quote name='62t']but if this is a fake list they need to throw in Phantasy Star V and Shining Force 4[/QUOTE]
I'd also like to add Burning Rangers 2 and Dragon Force 3.

OMFG I love you if this is true Shenmue 3!!!! Holy Shit my favorite Series please be true Sega!!!

Holy Crap - Skies Arcadia 2 one my Favorite Rpgs.

&

Chu Chu to Xbla.

Omg & JSRF.

This is the best thing I seen from Sega in a long time!!!

Wow I'm so pshyced.

Also deadite76 I posted your post over at AMN. Gave you credit hope you don't mind. I just have to share this news so happy!

How could they not make House of the Dead 4 on the Wii? They've got the perfect peripheral in the Wii Zapper it doesn't make sense. And if this is true, then we know SEGA hates the US (as if any of us really had a doubt) because they only showed about 12 of those games at E3. Six behind closed doors, that I saw and the rest on the show floor.

Of the six Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, Golden Compass, Condemned 2, Ironman, Universe at War, ans Space Siege were behind closed doors and we were never even allowed to touch a controller, though they were all playable. NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams was the only other game not playable by the public, but was at the hangar and in playable form.

As much as you guys are raving about Jet Set and Shenmue I want a Ghost Squad on all next-gen systems, mostly the PS3 though. I played that game like 20 times on this cruise I went on last year, game was so much fun in the arcade. I'm buying Time Crisis 4 for PS3, Sega put that light-gun to use. I want HotD 4 also, HotD 3 is an awesome arcade game.

edit: Wow awesome I hope HotD 4 doesn't come bundled with a light-gun though.

If this is true then Sega just got their balls back. Or it might be thier last gift to humanity so they decided to yell out GOPHER BROKE! And just give it everything they have before burning into oblivion. Though where the fuck is the remake to Phantasy Star 4. Phantasy Star 5 and revival of Alex Kidd?

Wouldn't have thought that would happen in a million years.

Although like everyone else I hope Jet Set improves upon perfection. Changing the art or soundtrack style would really mess up the game.

That list is complete BS. WAY too many old occult franchises getting sequels. Might as well throw up a Panzer Dragoon Saga II for 360 and Burning Rangers II for Wii while you're at it.

Doubt it's true, and if it is, the moment Shenmue 3 drops, I'm buying that and a 360 day one. Even if it did come out I doubt it would have "next generation" graphics like GoW or anything, but damn I need my lucky hit fix.

I'm almost 100% sure this list is fake, but I really want to see Skies of Arcadia 2, as long as Sega doesn't screw it up like they seem to be doing with all of their other games.

Seems a bit too good. Too many AAA franchises stuffed into one announcement. How the hell do you have samba on a psp without maracas though. I also wonder if we will ever see Yakuza 2 stateside.

I don't get why Sega is not going to release a list like this, or at least try to make some of these games, I mean, what is the downside of making games that you know Sega-fans and overall gamers will buy. If you walk up to any gamer and ask them which 2 games would you want more:

Shenmue (X360/PS3) & Jet Set Radio (X360)

or

Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg (GC) & Yakuza (PS2/XBX)

99.99% would say the first choice.

[quote name='pop311']I don't get why Sega is not going to release a list like this, or at least try to make some of these games, I mean, what is the downside of making games that you know Sega-fans and overall gamers will buy. If you walk up to any gamer and ask them which 2 games would you want more:

or

99.99% would say the first choice.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, Sega's track record as far as giving the fans what they want has been less than stellar.

It says Virtua Fighter 5 for both PS3 and 360. That's gotta be false. Why would they RE-SHOW the game on a console that's already out?

There is no way this is true, because I have been praying for more Samba de Amigo.

In the slim chance this list is true, I will be getting at least half of those games the day they come out.

[quote name='KingBroly']It says Virtua Fighter 5 for both PS3 and 360. That's gotta be false. Why would they RE-SHOW the game on a console that's already out?[/quote]It hasn't hit 360 yet. If they show another ps3 one it will be with online play.

Sega hasn't been doing the best lately. Rehashing popular titles would be a smart move for them.

God I hope Shenmue's coming back.

[quote name='pop311']I don't get why Sega is not going to release a list like this, or at least try to make some of these games, I mean, what is the downside of making games that you know Sega-fans and overall gamers will buy. If you walk up to any gamer and ask them which 2 games would you want more:

or

99.99% would say the first choice.[/quote]

I like all four of those games, none of those are all that bad. Shenmue is getting a lot of love because of the die hard fans and the cliffhanger ending. Let's be real, it didn't sell all that well vs the development cost. And Yakuza is a fun game, like a Shenmue lite with more action.

[quote name='Logg']Best one on that fake list

Fighters MegaMix 2.[/QUOTE]

especially brutal since the idea never even occurred to me.

I just realized this is from xbox360rally (remember the spammer from that site who used to post here?) This is just for hits to their site.

Screw Sega, they won't release Yakuza 2 in the US....wait...what? TWO NEW Space Channel 5 games?? I love you Sega!!

Wait...FAKE???

I'm back to my original Screw you Sega. It would have been smart of them to do games like that and they just aren't that way.

bread's done
Back