Confirmed: GS/EB Edge 10% discount card for $2!!! GI postcard or online pdf

[quote name='icpmattj']I sent in an old form($2 one) about 2 weeks ago.Just checked my bank account and the $2 check has been cashed.So i should be getting the card soon :)[/quote]

Good to know ... I sent mine out on the 5th, and there was no sign of check cashage yet, so I was starting to get a little worried :p

Dropped mine in the mailbox a few days ago. Now, do I have enough discipline to hold off trading before it comes? Probably not.

i wonder how long they are going to honor this for. if you notice, there is not an expiration date on the card. would be so sweet if this means $2 edge cards for life... anyway, sending mine in today... we will see what happens... 2 bucks is worth the risk for me

Well as previously mentioned, I sent in my form on the 5th. Today my check was cashed (which I had marked as "Full Payment" just in case they cashed it and then sent me a bill), so my card should be in the mail. Looks like the deal is still very much alive.

I'll post once my card arrives to confirm for sure.

[quote name='Siterath']Well as previously mentioned, I sent in my form on the 5th. Today my check was cashed (which I had marked as "Full Payment" just in case they cashed it and then sent me a bill), so my card should be in the mail. Looks like the deal is still very much alive.

I'll post once my card arrives to confirm for sure.[/quote]

nice. thanks for keepin my hopes up!

[quote name='lolwaut']i wonder how long they are going to honor this for. if you notice, there is not an expiration date on the card. would be so sweet if this means $2 edge cards for life... anyway, sending mine in today... we will see what happens... 2 bucks is worth the risk for me[/QUOTE]

In light of the recent EGM situation, I think the bigger question is whether the magazine itself will still be around...

Do they send the actual card or the sticker that goes on the card.I already have an edge card just not the sticker.

[quote name='aihuman']Do they send the actual card or the sticker that goes on the card.I already have an edge card just not the sticker.[/quote]

No, they'll send you the whole thing, card and sticker.

I was encouraged enough by the recent replies and sent in a check this past friday. I figure the worst thing that can happen is I lose $2.

MjC

[quote name='MCalvert1']I was encouraged enough by the recent replies and sent in a check this past friday. I figure the worst thing that can happen is I lose $2.

MjC[/quote]

That won't even happen. Unless you successfully purchase one for $2, I do not see how you could lose $2 without them at least attempting to send you a card.

Sent a payment and form after Christmas and I see my check was cashed on the 12th so this is semi-confirmation although I haven't actually received my new card yet.

can someone tell me if i have to actually have a GI subscription already or if i have to have an edge card already in order to get one (i.e. if it is an expiring card). Can i just send in two bucks and receive a card no strings attached? The reason i'm asking is i was wondering if my name or something has to be registered with them already to get this deal.

[quote name='riddler']can someone tell me if i have to actually have a GI subscription already or if i have to have an edge card already in order to get one (i.e. if it is an expiring card). Can i just send in two bucks and receive a card no strings attached? The reason i'm asking is i was wondering if my name or something has to be registered with them already to get this deal.[/quote]

No you don't have to have a subscription with GI.

[quote name='KrAzY3']Well, as started to check out at Gamestop I realized my Edge card had expired. I'd like to try for another $2 one, but when was the most recent date that anyone has gotten this to work exactly? I see that they changed it but I don't know when they changed it or if anyone has gotten it to work since then.[/quote]

any of you guys who sent it in recently get a card back in the mail?
just wondering, still can't decide if i should bother sending in the form...

Will you quit wondering and do it already! ;)Others have posted their status and answered your questions.

[quote name='riddler']any of you guys who sent it in recently get a card back in the mail?
just wondering, still can't decide if i should bother sending in the form...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='riddler']any of you guys who sent it in recently get a card back in the mail?
just wondering, still can't decide if i should bother sending in the form...[/quote]

It's a $2 (sort-of)gamble.

If you can't afford to possibly lose $2...

I can't imagine they'd cash our checks and send us nothing. That would be illegal. I could see them sending the check back, but not cashing it if they don't plan to honor it.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. I hope it comes soon though, I send mine in about a week and a half ago.

I got my card last year using this and it sounds like it is still working so I might as well re-up for 2009.

Dumb question but everyone is just making checks out to Game Informer Magazine, correct?

just wondering, still can't decide if i should bother sending in the form...[/quote]

Seriously dude, read the posts above yours ... it's all listed there, and people are giving updates...

Besides, it's $2, so I'd say its worth the risk :lol:

There's one of those postcards in the magazines. They want $10 now for JUST the Edge card. Why would you do that when you can get a pretty decent magazine for $5 more. I would think the card costs less than $2 because they know you'll be back in buying or trading stuff. What gets me every time a mother is in there buying a used game for her kid, the GS employee always goes through their spiel about the Edge card. You can tell they don't shop there often but they pressure them anyway. They must have a quota to make.

Oh and my card expires in October so I don't need one yet. You won't lose $2 unless they cash it.

[quote name='sadunk']What gets me every time a mother is in there buying a used game for her kid, the GS employee always goes through their spiel about the Edge card. You can tell they don't shop there often but they pressure them anyway. They must have a quota to make.[/quote]

It's funny you should mention that. I have four gamestops close to me, and I shop at them pretty regularly when there's a decent coupon. I have NEVER had a gamestop employee mention the edge card to me, nor have I heard them mention it to anyone. It's odd because I buy quite a few used games there and at the store closest to me they recognize me now, but they have never brought up the edge card to me. It wasn't until seeing a thread like this one that even understood how to get one and what it did. In all honestly I wish they HAD given met he schpeel on it, because I would have bought one for $10 as that would have saved me a bunch of money.

[quote name='charlescheese']It's funny you should mention that. I have four gamestops close to me, and I shop at them pretty regularly when there's a decent coupon. I have NEVER had a gamestop employee mention the edge card to me, nor have I heard them mention it to anyone. It's odd because I buy quite a few used games there and at the store closest to me they recognize me now, but they have never brought up the edge card to me. It wasn't until seeing a thread like this one that even understood how to get one and what it did. In all honestly I wish they HAD given met he schpeel on it, because I would have bought one for $10 as that would have saved me a bunch of money.[/quote]

The thing is, you can't just buy it for $10 to my understanding. You have to get a subscription to game informer for at least $19.99 (could be more or less). That's why the deal in this thread is such a good deal.

[quote name='kylerg']Wow I never saw the form. I have a different one what says good for 10 months, and on the address it is for 4th floor..not 3rd. Hope it works, as I *finally* sent it in.[/quote]

Sent the 14th and still waiting.

[quote name='morphineseason']The thing is, you can't just buy it for $10 to my understanding. You have to get a subscription to game informer for at least $19.99 (could be more or less). That's why the deal in this thread is such a good deal.[/quote]

It's $15 for a discount Edge card. In reality, it's $15 for a subscription to Game Informer, and you get the discount Edge card for free. At any rate, if you buy and trade a lot at GS, then the card pays for itself easily. Plus, GI is a pretty solid gaming magazine IMO.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I actually enjoy GI... I find it informative to an extent and enjoy getting previews of games I want, and have never heard of. I could be wrong but when I got mine last year it was $15, subscription and card included

[quote name='icpmattj']they cashed my check about 2 weeks ago. Still no card :([/quote]Ditto. Sent 12-27, cashed 1-12, waiting 1-27.

So i noticed that the PDF file now says $10 for the card?

Talk about an increase in price!

Oh and is there a way to renew my edge card or do i just have to get a new one?

Oh and $7 for shipping? fuck that!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eugaet']FYI, guys...

Just got a copyright infringement take down notice, so I've removed the PDF.[/QUOTE]

Gotta love the DMCA.

I wonder if this is the first step in cracking down on it. I'm tempted to send another one in since my card expires in August 2009... $2 for 6 additional months still isn't bad.

[quote name='Slappybob']So i noticed that the PDF file now says $10 for the card?

Talk about an increase in price!

Oh and is there a way to renew my edge card or do i just have to get a new one?

Oh and $7 for shipping? fuck that![/QUOTE]

I believe the shipping is included...

so it's more like $3 for the card + $7 shipping

They cashed my $2 check a couple of days ago, but i don't know what they will send me because i am subscribed to game informer till march 09, but don't currently have an edge card due to some mix-up. i hope the card they send is good for a year, not till the magazine expires in a little over a month.

My $2 edge card arrived today! I sent it in a few weeks back. BTW, I just did a really crappy print out of the pdf that was linked here, and that worked like a charm.

Yay!

The $2 Edge card I got a year ago expires tomorrow. With not much to lose, I mailed another $2 on Jan. 5th, and received the new card today! Expires Feb 2010!

I love CAG!

[quote name='mythus']i sent mine in about ... 5 months ago, and nothing yet.[/quote]

Love your signature!

[quote name='eugaet']FYI, guys...

Just got a copyright infringement take down notice, so I've removed the PDF.[/QUOTE]

why not just have it available on sendspace or zshare or something similar. not your fault if its linked to from somewhere else. i presume this is about the subscription PDF which makes no sense to say its copyright infringement.

bread's done
Back