Confusing Ebay listing or just dumb luck?

Steggy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
Id say youre covered but if someone wants to be a bitch and not accept responsibility for being a retard and not reading the description, chances are they could file with pay pal, assuming thats how they pay, and theyll more than likely win.

the title may be a bit misleading but the description is dead on. Either this person bidded on impulse or is extremely retarded and didn't bother reading the auction info.

Yeah, I could see you getting screwed by this... especially because of your title.

Before you send out the game, you should email the buyer and ask if he/she is aware that this is for the game without the balance board and that it's pretty much worthless by itself.

the buyer is retarded in your situation, I counted that you mentioned 'game only' atleast 6 times in the listing. The listiing is clear but it seems like the buyer got into a bidding war and forgot to read the listing...or the title.

is this enough to cover a paypal reversal...?

Hello,

I realize you just won this item and you paid for it through paypal... I just wanted to make sure you are aware that you do need the Balance board in order to play this game. As I clearly stated in the description, this is just for the game and no balance board. Let me know if I am to still send you the game only, or let me know what you would like done.

Sincerely,
-Mike

Basically I just want him to say send the game, or hell demand a refund... either way the dumbass has to respond. I probly didnt need to be so nice as to send this, but why not. Any thoughts?

BTW, anyone know why ebay is sending a shit ton of coupons lately? They losing business to other sites such as amazon marketplace?

Good call on checking. Because the best part of all if it is he can leave a negative for you too without any fear of retribution.

[quote name='the_punisher']Why would he pay $30 more than retail even if it WAS both? LMAO[/QUOTE]

well, its still hard to find... but still. New ones usually go for 150-170ish now due to the 10 percent coupons floating around.

I think there's third party balance boards but... even still. This is a lot for an item that's based on an unproven weight calculation method (BMI).

[quote name='Switchblade232']the buyer is retarded in your situation, I counted that you mentioned 'game only' atleast 6 times in the listing. The listiing is clear but it seems like the buyer got into a bidding war and forgot to read the listing...or the title.[/QUOTE]

This, everything was exactly what it needed to be, hell even have a picture. Someone is just a retard

[quote name='coolsteel']This, everything was exactly what it needed to be, hell even have a picture. Someone is just a retard[/QUOTE]

its not just someONE though.... there was obviously someone else who bid that high, plus if you check history numerous people had over 100...

[quote name='BasketCase1080']its not just someONE though.... there was obviously someone else who bid that high, plus if you check history numerous people had over 100...[/QUOTE]

Fat people who can't read?

[quote name='coolsteel']Fat people who can't read?[/QUOTE]

one step at a time... next years big title, wii phonics

the op: try not 2 be "Deceptive" with ur listings. i know u didnt try 2 come off this way (some ebayers do purposely) but if u leave something out and dont clearly state it then it can - and will - turn into a large problem 4 both parties (receiving and selling ends). u should be covered, but next time be careful (!).

[quote name='cheapassVigilante']the op: try not 2 be "Deceptive" with ur listings. i know u didnt try 2 come off this way (some ebayers do purposely) but if u leave something out and dont clearly state it then it can - and will - turn into a large problem 4 both parties (receiving and selling ends). u should be covered, but next time be careful (!).[/QUOTE]

I dont see what you are hinting at... what did I leave out/deceive with my wording? Read the description, thats as clear cut as it gets. I specifically state to only big if you have a balance board or need to replace a disc. The title says its game only, Its not like it just says new wii fit.

there's nothing deceiving about his auction. Both the title and description was accurate. It's just that some idiot didn't bother reading so they're trying to give him some shit now.

[quote name='KSHLove']there's nothing deceiving about his auction. Both the title and description was accurate. It's just that some idiot didn't bother reading so they're trying to give him some shit now.[/quote]

clearly the bids...

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=250261721448

prove there is more than one idiot here....

please please... tell us that he said, just send the game.... :bouncy:

I'd give him till Friday... make sure you respond through ebay and through his personal email... more emails to prove that you're trying....

[quote name='cheapassVigilante']the op: try not 2 be "Deceptive" with ur listings. i know u didnt try 2 come off this way (some ebayers do purposely) but if u leave something out and dont clearly state it then it can - and will - turn into a large problem 4 both parties (receiving and selling ends). u should be covered, but next time be careful (!).[/quote]

Can you please learn how to type, and spell before responding on this board. Thank you.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']I dont see what you are hinting at... what did I leave out/deceive with my wording? Read the description, thats as clear cut as it gets. I specifically state to only big if you have a balance board or need to replace a disc. The title says its game only, Its not like it just says new wii fit.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he read your post... or the auction page. Sounds like he's the type who'd bid on your auction!:rofl:

[quote name='cheapassVigilante']the op: try not 2 be "Deceptive" with ur listings. i know u didnt try 2 come off this way (some ebayers do purposely) but if u leave something out and dont clearly state it then it can - and will - turn into a large problem 4 both parties (receiving and selling ends). u should be covered, but next time be careful (!).[/QUOTE]

Do you bring anything good to the threads you post in? So far....no.

As for the OP, that listing is not deceptive at all. You clearly state it is game only and the picture shows it game only. Good luck with it though

While the text of the auction is more than sufficient, the title could have been better worded, or even have used a subtitle to clearly state that the balance board is not included.

People should always read the text of auctions, but you should know better than to assume they do. This is ebay we are talking about here. I'm sure most of the people that bid on it just saw "Wii Fit" and "Factory Sealed" and began bidding.

How do they play the game without the board. You might get a negative for this. The buyer might complain that the game doesn't work in his/her wii.

[quote name='hero101']How do they play the game without the board. You might get a negative for this. The buyer might complain that the game doesn't work in his/her wii.[/QUOTE]

That's very true... he could easily get you with this.

BTW, why are you selling the game by itself?

[quote name='boshi']I was going to defend the retards and say it could be that your listing was the only listing for the disc only, but then I found this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BrandNew-Sealed...yZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$29.99 Buy It Now...Negative feedback is definitely a possibility.[/QUOTE]

honestly I could care less about the neg at this point... I am so fed up with feedback it is ridiculous. Nothing they can do will make me want to sell on there again.

So since this is probably my last auction, if they file a dispute with paypal what is the likely hood theyd get there money? I mean I have emailed 3 times now with no response form the buyer... how long do I wait before I just ship it? Someone else said friday.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']honestly I could care less about the neg at this point... I am so fed up with feedback it is ridiculous. Nothing they can do will make me want to sell on there again.

So since this is probably my last auction, if they file a dispute with paypal what is the likely hood theyd get there money? I mean I have emailed 3 times now with no response form the buyer... how long do I wait before I just ship it? Someone else said friday.[/QUOTE]

Friday or Monday, keep emailing in the meantime

bread's done
Back