Conker reviewed at IGN!

8.1 isn't that bad for a remix of sorts.

I still own the original on N64, and I have no Live (or even Xbox), but I'll still pick it up when it hits $20.

Yep, disappointed as well, considering Rare's been working on this game for how long and still managed to make it less than the N64 version. I'll definitely be getting it since I never owned an N64, but I'll be waiting til it drops to $20.

IGN hypes and gives higher than deserved scores to many major titles this is indeed bad news. However the reviewer did say the single player was a 9+ and the multi-player, especially online, was a 7 something.

Since I was getting this primarily for online play it is very disappointing. I'm a graphics whore and I have to see the 10.0 for graphics they gave it.

I guess 8.1 isn't bad, but Twin Snakes did a lot better and that was basically a rehash. Taking out a whole section? I mean, I dunno about anyone else, but I personally don't believe in fixing what wasn't broken (the level design) but instead, tweaking what is (control for the level). Hope it's good though. I'll definitely rent it before buying.

8.1 is disappointing, Im second guessing picking it up right away. It just sucks that the game is built for multiplayer and its not even that good.

Wow. An 8.1 is now considered bad, it seems.

Look at the retards on the IGN board for this game. They're just FLIPPING OUT now that their lords and masters at IGN have handed down their judgement, which some people still treat as law.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: IGN is in the business of herding idiots.

Not bad. Does anyone know if the "War" multi-player mode will be on Live? My friend and I played that for a every day (almost) for a whole summer on the N64 but he moved away a few years ago and if the game has it then i will definitely buy it.

[quote name='Roufuss']8.1 isn't that bad for a remix of sorts.

I still own the original on N64, and I have no Live (or even Xbox), but I'll still pick it up when it hits $20.[/QUOTE]

Why?

Wow, 8.1 is considered bad. I mean, like you really shouldn't pick this game up since it is really bad and not perfect.

Not me, I am already going to pick it up when it comes to my store.

[quote name='smalien1']Why?[/QUOTE]

I'm replacing the Xbox, or getting an X360 if I don't find a cheap Xbox by November.

I guess I forgot to add that to my post, must have seemed weird about getting Conker for $20 with no Xbox ;p

[quote name='help1']Its not the 8.1 really, IGN rates games higher than they should be so teh game is really like a 7.3.[/QUOTE]

agreed. i think gamespots score will be around there.

an 8.1 isnt bad, its just that i expected better from this game and its numerous push backs.

i wonder what we can expect from perfect dark zero?

[quote name='StealthySeal']quit complaining and buy the game[/QUOTE]

good one, might as well hand over my 50 bucks now and bend over....

heres the deal, when you guys finally get it and find out that the multiplayer isnt all its cracked up to be....no complaining.

That's about what I expected. There was far too much hype for something that was essentially an "updated remix." Multiplayer apparently being lacking is kind of disappointing...but again, not unexpected.

I haaaaated the demo from a few months back so I probably wouldn't like it.

Not bad I guess...I was kind of hoping the "last big XBox game" would come off a little better though.

I've been playing single player, can't try out live obviously. I have to say that the sense of humor, graphics and gameplay make up for the obvious faults-- weird camera that sometimes gets you killed, occasionally awkward control, and the occasional moment when the camera twitches out.

I'll definitely pick this up at some point this summer.

I'll be getting it from CC.

TYV41000lg.jpg

That will go great with my mannequin hand and Dogbert on top of my computer monitor.

[quote name='O.D.D']I'll be getting it from CC.

TYV41000lg.jpg

That will go great with my mannequin hand and Dogbert on top of my computer monitor.[/QUOTE]

you get that at circuit city? i wasn't planning on getting the game for a while, but if cc gives you that, i'll be all over it.

[quote name='munch']you get that at circuit city? i wasn't planning on getting the game for a while, but if cc gives you that, i'll be all over it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is in the Sunday ad.

prepare to.......loading........ask yourselves.......loading.......over and over......loading......wtf do I.........loading........do next?!.......loading.......

[quote name='O.D.D']I'll be getting it from CC.

TYV41000lg.jpg

That will go great with my mannequin hand and Dogbert on top of my computer monitor.[/QUOTE]

As I'd rather not spend the $50 at CC for the game + plush (FYE credit I really want to get rid of), I found this site on the net that has it for a decent price:

http://paizo.com/store/toys/plushes/other/v5748btpy7d0u

Was $11.68 for the plush, and $4.00 to ship it USPS Priority Mail to St. Louis. They're in WA. No tax charged on it. Other sites I found with it by Googling conker plush had it OOS. I tossed them an order and I'll let you know how it goes. And as I was at CC on Friday picking up GTA: SA, they had a box of these at the register, and it matches the pic above 100%.

I certainly don't want to be one of those jackasses (and we know there will be a few of them out there) that buy the game + plush, return the game and keep the plush.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Not bad I guess...I was kind of hoping the "last big XBox game" would come off a little better though.[/QUOTE]
Never thought of it that way, but you're right. Conker ended the N64 and is now ending the Xbox with the same game.

Weird.

I'm disappointed with the score given how long Rare has had to work on the game, but I'm still going to get it eventually. I don't want to spend $50 for it, but I would consider $20 (maybe $30).

Given the lackluster responses to the Perfect Dark Zero demo, I'm rapidly losing faith in Microsoft's acquisition of Rare. Rare has a long and successful history, but the company hasn't really done anything impressive in nearly five years now.

gamespot gave it an 8.3 & there were not many cons in the video review...if someone would just watch the video review and didnt look at the score, it would seem like they would give it a 9.1

when is circuit city in stores carrying the game. Their website says the 23rd. Is their a reason why Best Buy and Circuit City, don't have the new releases untill 2 days after the game stores have them?

I did try calling Circuit City earlier tonight, but their was no answer.

Gamespot review is up...
"Conker: Live & Reloaded definitely has some quirks, and even a few legitimate problems, but the whole of the experience is a great one. Xbox owners would do well to give it a go."

[quote name='nickmad']Gamespot review is up...
"Conker: Live & Reloaded definitely has some quirks, and even a few legitimate problems, but the whole of the experience is a great one. Xbox owners would do well to give it a go."[/QUOTE]

posted 3 posts up from yours

Who cares what IGN or gamespot say? Rent it, borrow it, whatever form your own opinion. Continuing to base purchases off of what two people think about a game takes the market share from our hands and places it squarely in ign and gamespot's court.

I got it earlier today. Not as good as I had hoped... kinda nowhere near as good as I had hoped, actually.

The multiplayer is the most confusing shit I've ever played... and it's actually more impossible to hit somebody than in Unreal Championship 2.

[quote name='The VGM']They will probably release a patch for the hitbox issue[/QUOTE]

I always pray for that when I buy a game with a bad problem and it never happens. just sayin'

[quote name='Brak']I got it earlier today. Not as good as I had hoped... kinda nowhere near as good as I had hoped, actually.

The multiplayer is the most confusing shit I've ever played... and it's actually more impossible to hit somebody than in Unreal Championship 2.[/QUOTE]

I ruled in UC2.. maybe that means I'll like this one.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']Who cares what IGN or gamespot say? Rent it, borrow it, whatever form your own opinion. Continuing to base purchases off of what two people think about a game takes the market share from our hands and places it squarely in ign and gamespot's court.[/QUOTE]

This is only partially good advice. To even just rent every game you wanted to check out would be costly. I agree a review shouldn't make the decission for you, but they can help you make more informed purchases.

bread's done
Back