Connecticut/Rhode Island Bonus on Apple Store Promo

varsitygamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
So I was considering waiting until Mass's tax free weekend to buy my girlfriend's laptop from the Apple store right over the line (i live in CT). However, in reading the terms and conditions of the Back to School Promo (buy a mac, get a free ipod) the other day, i noticed this:

Connecticut and Rhode Island residents only are eligible for an alternative offer.

Apparently if your billing address is in CT or RI, you can get an INSTANT rebate on your iPod instead of waiting for the mail in rebate. This is due to CT/RI state laws. To capitalize, you must purchase your goods from a CT or RI Apple store, or the 1-800-MY-APPLE.

So basically, for a spankin' new white 2.0GHz MacBook, and a product(RED) 4 Gig iPod Nano, I only paid $1059.00. Sure, it would have been nice to save the tax, and maybe that's still advisable, but an instant rebate is so much nicer than waiting for the mail-in.

Thought i'd give you all a heads up.

Technically if you bought it during no tax week, wouldn't you get the instant rebate still since your billing address is in CT?

[quote name='King Bahamut']Technically if you bought it during no tax week, wouldn't you get the instant rebate still since your billing address is in CT?[/QUOTE]

If I bought it during no tax week in MA, I would have had to purchase it from a MA Apple Store to skip out on the tax. The only way to get the instant rebate, as opposed to the mail-in, is to buy it from a CT/RI Apple Store or over the phone. In both cases tax applies.

Unfortunately CT's "no tax day" or weekend, or whatever, has been nerfed pretty bad in recent years... no tax on up to 300$ of clothes, or something akin to that. So it wasn't worth waiting for that.

bread's done
Back