Connecticut town to hold video game dumpster drive.

I drive by Southington on the way to work every day. As far as I know, the discs are being destroyed on premises after they are handed in. I have a ton of old shit games around here that I'd have no problem dropping off, but I think they only give you one $25 gift card or whatever regardless of how many games you turn in.

[quote name='spmahn']I drive by Southington on the way to work every day. As far as I know, the discs are being destroyed on premises after they are handed in. I have a ton of old shit games around here that I'd have no problem dropping off, but I think they only give you one $25 gift card or whatever regardless of how many games you turn in.[/QUOTE]

Someone on Reddit posted this idea (paraphrased): buy a bunch of cheap, shitty games, get a bunch of your friends and family together and have them go line up with one item. Since they give you $25 for everything you bring in, just bring one (or maybe two if you wanna be nice).

They wanna do something stupid, threat them like they're stupid.

my only response to this is, "whisky pete to hold connecticut town dumpster dive!" which, coincidentally is how i read your title at first glance.

[quote name='Vinny']Someone on Reddit posted this idea (paraphrased): buy a bunch of cheap, shitty games, get a bunch of your friends and family together and have them go line up with one item. Since they give you $25 for everything you bring in, just bring one (or maybe two if you wanna be nice).

They wanna do something stupid, threat them like they're stupid.[/QUOTE]

Such a brilliant idea! :applause::applause::applause:

My cousin just got his M rated games and his precious call of duty taken away because of this incident, although in this case, the parents were buying the games in the first place obviously because he would not be able to buy them himself. I think its more of a fact the incident brought to light that what they were buying their kid was wrong. I can verify that the stores they shop at here are extremely strict when it comes to the sale of M rated games (I got carded at my age!) and they do inform parents that come with their children to the register with M rated games what they are buying for their kids. I don't think any store around here can even ring an M rated game through without scanning a driver's license, and I know Walmart and Target for a fact cannot.

I remain firm in my belief that the parents are responsible for what types of games their kids are playing and what type of media in general they are consuming. Really, you leave your kid in his room for 12 hours and he doesn't come out and you don't go in there to see what he is doing at least once during the day??? That is just really sad if its true. (Aside from the fact that I assume he would have to come out at least a couple times to go to the bathroom but I suppose in the most extreme cases there are ways around that but we won't go there)...

bread's done
Back