Connecting 2 PS One screens to my Gamecube

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Hey CAG's,

Just picked up another PS one screen from Kmart for $13 (Pretty surprised again) and now because I have 2, I want to hook both of them up to my Gamecube.

Now I already have the 3.5mm plug and couplers to get one screen working, but I need to know what I need to get 2 going. I can't find what exact thing or cable that would convert video and audio into 2 video and audio outputs, anyone know of a cable or something that would do that? It would be totally awesome if someone could help me with this because I need to get them so when I travel I can use them.

You can use any standard RCA splitter cable but the signal strength will diminish. For the results you want you're going to need a signal amplifier and splitter. Do you mean to use it in a vehicle, or set it up when you get where you're going?

I have yet to see a source that could not split a video or audio signal into two and crapping out. More then two need a distribution splitter/multiplexer. Just find a y cable with three female ends (Hard) or a 2 female and 1 male and also get a couple (easy). Splitter at a 99 cent store, coupler most likely at radioshack (Overpriced)

[quote name='dratsacras']You can use any standard RCA splitter cable but the signal strength will diminish. For the results you want you're going to need a signal amplifier and splitter. Do you mean to use it in a vehicle, or set it up when you get where you're going?[/QUOTE]

Both.

[quote name='chaostic_2k1']I have yet to see a source that could not split a video or audio signal into two and crapping out. More then two need a distribution splitter/multiplexer. Just find a y cable with three female ends (Hard) or a 2 female and 1 male and also get a couple (easy). Splitter at a 99 cent store, coupler most likely at radioshack (Overpriced)[/QUOTE]

Are you saying you have yet to see one that DOESN'T work, or DOES work? It wasn't exactly clear what you said. But would you have a picture of the Y-Cable I need because I've looked into that router and can't find which Y-Cable.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated!

[quote name='.JPG']Both.[/QUOTE]

That's going to complicate things somewhat, with regard to power. You'll definitely need a distribution amplifier, and they're not particularly cheap. Here's an example (not necessarily a recommendation) of one: http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=2402&sku=41066

How do you plan to power all of this stuff in a car? Do you have an invertor or are you using lighter socket adaptors?

[quote name='dratsacras']That's going to complicate things somewhat, with regard to power. You'll definitely need a distribution amplifier, and they're not particularly cheap. Here's an example (not necessarily a recommendation) of one: http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=2402&sku=41066

How do you plan to power all of this stuff in a car? Do you have an invertor or are you using lighter socket adaptors?[/QUOTE]
Power Invertor for one screen and the Gamecube, PS One car adapter for the other. Really I plan to use it more in the car than anywhere else, and it's only 2 screens so wouldn't a Y-Cable work fine? If I have to pay $100 for a distribution amp, than I don't consider this worth it at all. Is there a amp that works to convert only to 2 and is cheap?

They are making things more complicated then they need to be. All you need is the Y-cable and you should be fine.

[quote name='Rihan']They are making things more complicated then they need to be. All you need is the Y-cable and you should be fine.[/QUOTE]
What I was thinking, anyone know where I would get this cable cheap? And will I need a specific one for video and one for audio?

[quote name='.JPG']What I was thinking, anyone know where I would get this cable cheap? And will I need a specific one for video and one for audio?[/QUOTE]

Radio shack. Any Audio/Video Y cable is fine. The signal passes the same through the cables.

[quote name='Rihan']They are making things more complicated then they need to be. All you need is the Y-cable and you should be fine.[/QUOTE]

I stand by my earlier statement, a Y-cable will work but the signal strength will diminish. I just conducted a few tests with my equipment and I can definitely see a difference between using one monitor and using two. It's not quite as severe as I'd expected but the colors and brightness definitely take a hit when you split the signal. If the OP (or anybody else) is comfortable with that, then I won't press the point. The "right" way to do what he asks, however, is with a distribution amplifier. Alternately, a regular 1-in 1-out amplifier placed in between the source and the Y-splitter could be a more cost effective compromise.

bread's done
Back