Considering getting a 360 again

ajumbaje

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I see there's a new bundle that was released (Forza 3 and Halo ODST). There's also the splinter cell bundle coming out in april. Not sure which one of those to get. The splinter cell bundle comes with another controller and a 250 gb hard drive, while the forza 3/halo odst one has those two games and that's it.

I used to have a 360 that I bought back in february 2006. I had it rrod on me in october 2007, then again october 2008. I got fed up with having to deal with hardware failure being a common thing. I then decided to get a ps3. I've been more than satisfied with it, I might just have some disposable income coming my way in the near future.

I wouldn't mind getting another 360, but I have a few questions:

1)Will installing the games help prevent rrod in the future? I know you still have to have a disc in the drive
2)Will is matter if I have it vertical or horizontal?
3)Do these bundles have the new chipset? I think it's Jasper.
4)If you had a choice as a 360 buyer, would you go with the forza bundle or the splinter cell bundle?

Things to keep in mind:
If I had a choice b/w forza and gt5, gt5 in a heartbeat
I would need wireless, so that's another 80-100 for the adapter

1. No
2. Yes. Lay it down. If it's vertical and it tips over, kiss your disc goodbye.
3. Yes.
4. Do you like Forza and Halo? If yes, buy that. Do you like Splinter Cell and want a second controller? If yes, buy that. Pretty simple.

1. It might help out. It runs alot quieter imo and also I feel it puts less strain on the xbox 360. If you have the hard drive why not?
2. I feel better putting it on horizontal, just my preference
3. yes they have the new jasper models. All of them come withe the smaller power brick.
4. I will probably go with the forza model because they might have some $50 gift-card bundle later on.

I don't think installing games will prevent rrod, but they load faster, the console isn't as loud, and it saves wear and tear on the dvd drive.

1)No the xbox running cooler will, the new chipset runs about 20c cooler then old xenons
2)No
3)yes, all new xboxs are jasper's with lite-on drives
4)blah

bread's done
Back