Console Games 40% Off at EA Store (renamed Origin) Portal 2 DAII $24 MoH $12 til 8/9

ithebigc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Link: http://store.origin.com/

Got the email about an hr ago, not sure if you need it but right now quite a few console games that are in stock are showing at 40% off for me. I will update OP if anyone can confirm you don't need the email. EDIT: Confirmed, no need for email. More details here: http://store.origin.com/store/ea/html/pbpage.hotdeals?easid=Sale_40_Console

$11.99
:ps3: Dante's Inferno Divine Edition
:ps3: :360: Medal of Honor
:ps3: :360: Army of Two: The 40th Day
:360: Mass Effect 2
:360: Dante's Inferno

$17.99
:ps3: :360: Skate 3
:ps3: :360: Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition
:ps3: :360: Rango

$23.99
:ps3: :360: Dead Space 2
:ps3: :360: The Sims 3
:ps3: :360: :wii: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
:ps3: :360: Bulletstorm
:ps3: Mass Effect 2
:ps3: :360: Dragon Age II
:ps3: :360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition
:ps3: :360: Portal 2

$29.99
:wii: NHL Slapshot
:wii: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters

$35.99
:ps3: :360: Fight Night Champion
:ps3: :360: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters

Also, free PC digital copy of NFS:Shift with every purchase, free shipping with $39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Really nice find! Good job! Might pick up Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 and Portal for that price (23.99)

Shipping kinda kills it. Was planning on getting MOH and finishing up my last few achievements on it and getting Portal 2 to beat its Coop. Oh well. Black Friday will hopefully be kind to me.

[quote name='technicalstylez']aww was hoping sotd would be on sale. oh well. thx for updating with a link.[/QUOTE]
No problem :) Hopefully someone will find something good to buy.

Also, updated OP with list of all games on sale to make it easier for everyone

Man, will ea please give me 50-60% off bulletstorm, crysis 2 and sotd already ? Oh and the shipping makes this deal pointless to me. Well there ls next time i guess

You guys are blind.... do the math, the shipping is FREE... that's why it says Shipping Discount is $6.99. I bought three games today, one of them by itself, and all had free shipping. But maybe because the game I got for $16 solo was $40 originally except for a special coupon. So ok, you are half blind. Just buy 2 games.... boom, free shipping.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']You guys are blind.... do the math, the shipping is FREE... that's why it says Shipping Discount is $6.99. I bought three games today, one of them by itself, and all had free shipping.[/QUOTE]

free shipping is only for orders $39.99 and up.

Ordered Bulletstorm PS3 and DA Origins 360. Plus got a code for a game I will never use. Yah. Now how do I look at my order. Been wandering around the origin site and can not find the order I made and have not gotten an email about the order yet either.

I got a confirmation email about 40 minutes after I placed my order. Couldn't find a place to look at placed orders anywhere on the site. EA should really join the rest of the internet. Their store works like some shady third-party site would.

[quote name='mdegner']I got a confirmation email about 40 minutes after I placed my order. Couldn't find a place to look at placed orders anywhere on the site. EA should really join the rest of the internet. Their store works like some shady third-party site would.[/QUOTE]
Cool, I will stop worrying about it then. Got the email from paypal that they took my $, so was just a little worried I put in wrong email address through Origin. But yeah, should make the site easier to navigate through.

thinking about picking up Hot Pursuit and Portal 2. Portal 2 still trades in at $25 on Amazon, so I could get both for $48, trade Portal 2 for $25 and end up with Hot Pursuit for $23 and no ship cost....hmm...

They just had this same sale a week or two ago. Ended up getting Bulletstorm for the 360 as one of my purchases. It is WAY better than I expected. I highly recommend it.

Wow, These are some pretty decent deals if you spend more than $40. I am on the fence with DS2 and Portal 2. I have a monster backlog right now and I will prob not even start these games for another 6 months, at that point they will prob be easily found for these prices. Thanks OP

I just want to get Mass Effect 2 and Dead Space 2 for the PS3, but am holding out for a crazy deal like last Christmas when they offered Dead Space for $10 with free 2-day shipping.

Ended up getting Bulletstorm, DS 2, ME 2 and Portal 2 all for PS3.

Was going to grab DA II and Need for Speed Most Wanted, but opted to wait for a collection of DLC for DA II and Most Wanted just would've gotten ignored since I bought the new Motorstorm.

Is there still an online community for Medal of Honor? I'm a bit tempted to pick it up, but it would do me no good if there isn't a community to get the online achievements...

[quote name='EliteMilkman']Is there still an online community for Medal of Honor? I'm a bit tempted to pick it up, but it would do me no good if there isn't a community to get the online achievements...[/QUOTE]

I don't know if there ever was one but I got it for $20 about 4 months ago and had enough fun with single player to justify the cost.

Very tempted to get Dead Space 2 and Dante's Inferno here.

[quote name='EliteMilkman']Is there still an online community for Medal of Honor? I'm a bit tempted to pick it up, but it would do me no good if there isn't a community to get the online achievements...[/QUOTE]

There are usually still a few hundred players online except at the odd hours. You'll be able to get most of the achievements easily except maybe one or two.

the community is still pretty healthy, I have been playing pretty religiously on 360 for the last 3 months and have never had an issue getting a full room...if you grab it feel free to send me a friend request and we can run through the online

Do you guys think TW The Masters is worth the 36 bucks..I heard it was one of the best of the series especially on the New gen consoles?..Any input would be appreciated

I picked up DAO:UE and Portal 2. $44 shipped is just way too good a price to pass those games up, even if I've already owned them and played through them both. I gotta hand it to EA/Origin, this is one of the best sales I've come across in a long time.

I have no idea what the hell is going on with this site. Earlier I logged into my account to put in the codes of some point cards. Now I'm ready to make some purchases and the site is telling me the user name and password I logged on with just a little while ago is incorrect and it won't let me in.

I have no idea what the hell is going on with this site. Earlier I logged into my account to put in the codes of some point cards. Now I'm ready to make some purchases and the site is telling me the user name and password I logged on with just a couple hours ago is suddenly incorrect and it won't let me in. It's giving me this BS line when it denies me access:
The username or password you entered is incorrect. If you recently registered at SWTOR.com the password that you created there has become your new Origin/EA.com password.
And if I try to reset my password, it tells me:
Oooops! Our bad! We're sorry, but we are currently experiencing some technical difficulties and are unable to handle your request. Please try again later.
If this sale passes me by before it lets me back in, I'm gonna be seriously pissed since I bought the points cards (using my Best Buy Rewards Zone points) specifically for this sale.

[quote name='Jmclark']Does Portal 2 PS3 still come with the free PC version? If so I'm tempted to get it.[/QUOTE]

Yup, mine did.

Picked up two copies of P2 on Xbox this time since the lady wants to play through it. Thanks OP.

Weird when I order Mass Effect 2 for PS3 and Dragon Age Ultimate for PS3, it still charges me for shipping even though the total is more than $40.

Thanks OP.

I picked up another copy of Portal 2, along with Skate 3 & Rango (all PS3) for $48 shipped. This included a 25% off birthday coupon that I used on the top of the sale price. Total discount per the order: $83.97 :)

To add to all of this, I traded my 360 copy of Portal 2 to Best Buy with the 40% trade in bonus to earn $32... Excellent deal (too bad I already owned most of the titles on sale....I would have killed to add a cheaper Alice on top of all this :D)

Today is the last day of this sale. I have to decide if I should jump on the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 or wait for a cheap game of the year edition of Mass Effect 2 to be released for the Xbox 360. I have Mass Effect on Xbox 360 in my backlog, so the transferring of my character is a little interesting. Might also get Dragon Age Ultimate edition.

So I called up their customer service, and after a few minutes the guy acknowledges that there's a major issue with some accounts being locked out so he says he's gonna transfer me to some IT lady who will help me out, only I get a guy instead and because I wasn't given a work order ticket number, the guy has no clue about the previous conversation and I have to start everything all over again, only he's treating me like a child who doesn't know how how to use computers or the internet (and it's pretty clear he's also reading from a script most of the time). I've been on the phone for 40 minutes now and this is seriously pissing me off. The only reason I bought the EA Cards was to use on this sale and now I can't even use them.

that sux for people that were gonna do what i almost did. i was gonna get 3 copies and trade 2 at best buy for 23+40% and keep a copy for cheap. they just dropped the tiv from 23 to 20 so ugh.

bread's done
Back