XBox system + 5 Xbox games = $150
Gamecube system + 5 GC games = $100
GBA SP system + 5 GBA games = $75
GBA system(old one i am sure) 5 GBA games = 50
PSone Mini system + 5 PSone games = $50
PSX system + 5 PSX games - $35
N64 system + 5 N64 games - $30
DC system + 5 DC games - $30

Not sure if there are any exclusions as for as games. I plan on calling tomorrow and checking.

Not spectacular but I bought my PS2 for $70 and I know I have some games I paid a lot less than $10 bucks each. Plus I only play Xbox lately.
I could make my money back somewhat for a trade.

Just an FYI...Hope its not a double post, I looked back a couple pages.

DOH! sorry didn't realize I could still edit my original post.

Ok one more time. sorry. to answer previous posted questions since I have the flyer in front of me. This is the fine print:

"System must be in working condition. Trade-in credit must be applied to purchase in same transaction. Game boxes and instructions are required. Not valid on previous purchases. While supplies last. Case for Games program does not apply to this promotion. no substitutions can be made. No rain checks can be issued. Customer may be responsible for sales tax in some states. See store associate for complete details Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. Offer valid 10/3/04 to 10/30/04"

I have some questions.
-When does this end?
-Mandatory Box and Manuals for both game and console?
-Is this in cash or trade in credit

Anyway, thanks for posting this cause I don't think anyone else has.

GBA system(old one i am sure) 5 GBA games = 50

Damn, These games are almost always more than $10, any $2 titles out there?

yeah GBA games are pretty pricey still IMO too.

As far as an end date: VALID 10/03/04 to 10/30/04.

Should have done that before. sorry.

Ok one more time. sorry. to answer previous posted questions since I have the flyer in front of me. This is the fine print:

"System must be in working condition. Trade-in credit must be applied to purchase in same transaction. Game boxes and instructions are required. Not valid on previous purchases. While supplies last. Case for Games program does not apply to this promotion. no substitutions can be made. No rain checks can be issued. Customer may be responsible for sales tax in some states. See store associate for complete details Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. Offer valid 10/3/04 to 10/30/04"

[quote name='mttakah']Trade-in credit must be applied to purchase in same transaction. [/quote]

That ruins is right there. Cash would've been good.

It ends 10/30. Any game on the exclusions list will not apply to this offer. You can also get $100 store credit for a working PS2 or Xbox right now, the computer will bump it up automatically after the cashier hits total. I'm pretty unhappy because I traded mine in for only $70 last week towards the smaller one coming out in two weeks.

[quote name='Saaril']do you have to trade in the power/av cables with the systems?[/quote]

Yeah, you gotta have em. They ll often let you get away with no box,or instructions but no cables will get you shutdown for sure.

On another note. You think this is being done to move some of those PStwos they'll be getting? I thought about bumping up but I dont really see the point unless you are a rare case/have special needs. (in car,etc) Yeah its cool to have the "newest" one but unless you have a launch version ps2 or are semi abusive, I think yours could last until the Ps3. Then PsTwo will price drop (like the psONE did) and youve got a brand new unit instead of a couple years old one, for the same price.

Man, this deal keeps getting worse and worse... 30 bucks for a Dreamcast and FIVE games? That's awful... if you want to dump off your systems, put up an ad or sell it on Ebay...

[quote name='Nephets']Man, this deal keeps getting worse and worse... 30 bucks for a Dreamcast and FIVE games? That's awful... if you want to dump off your systems, put up an ad or sell it on Ebay...[/quote]

Listen to the man, he knows of what he speaks. (plus, EB is evil. I know this all too well.)

[quote name='supadupacheap'][quote name='Nephets']Man, this deal keeps getting worse and worse... 30 bucks for a Dreamcast and FIVE games? That's awful... if you want to dump off your systems, put up an ad or sell it on Ebay...[/quote]

Listen to the man, he knows of what he speaks. (plus, EB is evil. I know this all too well.)[/quote]

Thank you. Let's pretend some little kid made his parents buy him a PS2 for Christmas when they were 200 dollars. All right, 200 spent.

Now, what if he asked for 3 games that Christmas? Now we're up to 350... And then, well, to capitalize on this deal he'd need two more games... and kids are ones to make their clueless parents spend 50 on games, so, 350 for 3 games and a system, now, with two more, we have 450...

So, EB is giving us 150 dollars and calling this a "deal"? I mean, even if you got your system and games for cheap, you still aren't doing too well with this. And you don't even get money, but credit? AND they're making you use the credit the same day?

People, if you want to unload some systems, please, do it smarter, don't give into EB's satanic rituals of giving us crap in exchange of stuff we spent hard earned cash on.

Even if you think this is a good deal, you won't after you realize what you have done, sacrificed five games and a whole system for 150 bucks credit. You know if you put an ad in the paper you can get like, possibly double that in cash? Or even Ebay you'd make more than that, and you'd get MONEY not more purchases for EB...

And what would you get at EB? More games? Well, so, let's see, basically, you traded in 5 games and a system for 3 games...

Ok, Nephets through post got me to thinking, what person or situation WOULD this be good for. Since I love such mind puzzles, heres what Ive come up with.

Guy who MUST have the new PS2, would pay cash for anyway but this makes it easier.

Somebody with a spotty working machine, especially older xbox. Go in, get it to pass inspection. Buy the OTHER machine (they are gonna look at ya funny if you dump an xbox to BUY an xbox) then come back with the reciept for the new machine (or better still, go to another EB) and swap BACK to the system you want. Yes, I realize its a little work and you probably are spending at least $25 cash/or games to trade up to a new one, but to me it be worth it.

Wanting to change systems. Ps2, xbox, tired of, want the other, cant (too young) or dont (too much of a hassle) want to sell on ebay

Other than these few limited situations, I agree fully with Nephets, you are totally being screwed by this so called "deal"

Oh and just to help out some CAGers, if your ps2 wont boot games up unless its from the menu screen (with the cd pictured) its probably about to DRE or die. Now would be a good time to use EB to upgrade. (esp to the PSTwo)

[quote name='crucify']It ends 10/30. Any game on the exclusions list will not apply to this offer. You can also get $100 store credit for a working PS2 or Xbox right now, the computer will bump it up automatically after the cashier hits total. I'm pretty unhappy because I traded mine in for only $70 last week towards the smaller one coming out in two weeks.[/quote]

Can anybody confirm that a PS2 or XBOX system will get a 100 bucks by itself? If so, this is actually not bad ..

I am pretty sure that when the PStwo is released, the regular PS2 will drop in price to $99 or so .. so if you trade yours in now .. you can get a PStwo later for $50 bucks more or rebuy a brand new PS2.

[quote name='Vicious'][quote name='crucify']It ends 10/30. Any game on the exclusions list will not apply to this offer. You can also get $100 store credit for a working PS2 or Xbox right now, the computer will bump it up automatically after the cashier hits total. I'm pretty unhappy because I traded mine in for only $70 last week towards the smaller one coming out in two weeks.[/quote]

Can anybody confirm that a PS2 or XBOX system will get a 100 bucks by itself? If so, this is actually not bad ..

I am pretty sure that when the PStwo is released, the regular PS2 will drop in price to $99 or so .. so if you trade yours in now .. you can get a PStwo later for $50 bucks more or rebuy a brand new PS2.[/quote]

I respectfully beg to differ. Having been around for the top loader (nes) the toploader 2(snes) and the Psone, I can say I dont remember the regular units getting a price drop. If so it was nominal, not to the level your suggesting it could. People will still buy ps2, even the "standard" ones, during the holiday season IF the big games push the system like they think it will. Also, I think most stores paid at or even $150 for these units. I remember Sony saying how $150 is the rock bottom they can really go. (I bought at $180 and remember reading this and being reassured I only lost $30 but got my machine a year earlier) Plus, while they may be evil, EB aint stupid. They arent gonna give you $100 credit for something if they think the units are going to go for $100 NEW soon. Say what you will about EB, they are smart, ruthless, but smart.

Damn... you they won't let you hold on to your credit for future purchases? I'd like to dump my PSOne ("PSX") with 5 junk sports games for $30 credit toward a DS... but... does EB take preorders in-store?

Does anybody know how much trade in credit they'll give you for a working gamecube without the 5 games?

[quote name='Vicious'][quote name='crucify']It ends 10/30. Any game on the exclusions list will not apply to this offer. You can also get $100 store credit for a working PS2 or Xbox right now, the computer will bump it up automatically after the cashier hits total. I'm pretty unhappy because I traded mine in for only $70 last week towards the smaller one coming out in two weeks.[/quote]

I am pretty sure that when the PStwo is released, the regular PS2 will drop in price to $99 or so .. so if you trade yours in now .. you can get a PStwo later for $50 bucks more or rebuy a brand new PS2.[/quote]

theres no reason for a price drop on any system around the xmas season. the only system to ever drop around xmas was the DC cause it was dead and they was cleaning out the stock. YOu wont seee a price drop till May like every year. I dont play my xbox anymore , i would trade it in for 100 bucks but its got something wrong with the drive half the time so i wont. + i always keep the 2 year warrenty on all my systems so i will probally just got to BB and trade it in

What are the rules on trading in an Xbox with the seal broken (Had to replace the hard drive)? Also will the old 1.0 accept a hard drive from a 1.6? Or will it give me problems?

[quote name='Othergods']What are the rules on trading in an Xbox with the seal broken (Had to replace the hard drive)? Also will the old 1.0 accept a hard drive from a 1.6? Or will it give me problems?[/quote]

Im afraid you now own that xbox my friend. Once the seal is broke, very few people will touch it. Not eb, gamestop,GC, not even microsoft themselves. Best you could do is $50 from that llama guy. just put xbox and llama in google and it will come up.

[quote name='supadupacheap'][quote name='Othergods']What are the rules on trading in an Xbox with the seal broken (Had to replace the hard drive)? Also will the old 1.0 accept a hard drive from a 1.6? Or will it give me problems?[/quote]

Im afraid you now own that xbox my friend. Once the seal is broke, very few people will touch it. Not eb, gamestop,GC, not even microsoft themselves. Best you could do is $50 from that llama guy. just put xbox and llama in google and it will come up.[/quote]

I have not done it yet. My Xbox Gave me the error code 21 and the statement "Your Xbox needs service. Please call Xbox customer support." So it is dead at this point. I may be able to get a Harddrive to put into it if it will work. My Broke Xbox is old 1.0 or 1.1, the new harddrive will be a 1.6 so I am not sure if it is compatible.

If I did change it and it works, Ebay should be a viable way to move I would think. As long as I disclose that the seal was broke to replace the harddrive. I would think that would get better bids than just a broke unit.

A broken seal is the kiss of death, even on ebay. People worry that youve done more than you say youve done (and since most wont guarantee returns or shipping, its a big gamble) You are welcome to try if you like but Im telling ya, talk to the llamma. He is HUGE into the scene so he knows just about everything there is to know and prices all over the inet.

http://www.llamma.com/xbox/

100 dollars? Can I just apply that right towards a PSTwo? If so:

2.jpg

"Original PS2, you're off the air!"

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='mttakah']Trade-in credit must be applied to purchase in same transaction. [/quote]

That ruins is right there. Cash would've been good.[/quote]

They've had that fine print on several of their flyers. Seems really odd to me that they would do this. I thought stores loved it when a customer walks out with store credit because

-It's no money for them up front at all.
-The customer will have to come back to the store to use the credit and more than likely they'll have to kick in some cash for the purchase, too.
-Some customers will forget/never get around to using the credit so it's like they got whatever was traded in for free.

But maybe they like doing it that way because some customers just use a portion of the credit and forfeit the remainder or end up spening more than they eventually would have because they have to use all of the credit right then. (No waiting for a sale or price drop.) Seems pretty non-customer friendly though.

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']GBA system(old one i am sure) 5 GBA games = 50

Damn, These games are almost always more than $10, any $2 titles out there?[/quote]

I saw this last night but I could have sworn, it said trade in a GBA and a GBA game and get the SP for $49.99 it said something like "Even Lower than advertised" or some shit like that.

[quote name='supadupacheap']

Oh and just to help out some CAGers, if your ps2 wont boot games up unless its from the menu screen (with the cd pictured) its probably about to DRE or die. Now would be a good time to use EB to upgrade. (esp to the PSTwo)[/quote]

Eb will take the system if it boots to this screen??? If so...I will take the $100.00 credit and buy a new ps2. I have been waiting for mine to go for some time now. I still have the original PS2 from Nov of 2000. Has been used heavily and would consider it a great deal if they give me a $100.00 credit toward the purchase of a new system.

[quote name='supadupacheap']

Oh and just to help out some CAGers, if your ps2 wont boot games up unless its from the menu screen (with the cd pictured) its probably about to DRE or die. Now would be a good time to use EB to upgrade. (esp to the PSTwo)[/quote]

Eb will take the system if it boots to this screen??? If so...I will take the $100.00 credit and buy a new ps2. I have been waiting for mine to go for some time now. I still have the original PS2 from Nov of 2000. Has been used heavily and would consider it a great deal if they give me a $100.00 credit toward the purchase of a new system.

Just called my EB and they said the Gamecube, PS2, and XBOX games cannot be the ones on the POX list, and they must be for the same system you are trading in.

[quote name='ajh2298']Just called my EB and they said the Gamecube, PS2, and XBOX games cannot be the ones on the POX list, and they must be for the same system you are trading in.[/quote]

the deal gets worse and worse....

[quote name='narclepto99']Damnit, I just called EB. They're only giving $70 credit.[/quote]

The only way they give $100.00 for the system is if you bring it in with the 5 games, thats what I was told over the phone anyway. The girl also told me if you bring your system and 5 games and one of those games are on the POX list it no go for the deal.

I just called my eb and they said no exclusions (that means a combo of madden 200x's and ncaa 200x's), so I'm going in with my perfectly fine playstation 2 (original release) and preordering one of the new ps2's . Yes, thanks be to the op

There are no exclusions. There is no pox list. I asked several sources.

And for a PS2 and five games, it's $150. Same with XBox.

Why wouldn't you trade up? That is 5 $1.99 games (and then use edge card, saver, and pplay15) which comes out to about $8... $8 dollars to trade an orginal release ps2 for a new, "super" ps2...

My ps2 is 3 years old, i figured i mine as well trade it in with 5 of the 5$ cc games and it came out perfect, im very happy, this is a deal, and i dont think i got screwed.....

THERE ARE EXCLUSIONS. A customer traded in his Gamecube and about 12 games today. The POX titles did not work. Also on the conference call today we discussed taking in broken systems as well. Turns out the register bumps up the prices of the games, while keeping the broken system price the same ($30). So while you won't get $150 for a broken PS2 + 5 PO games, you will get more then normally.

Obviously you must include all of the hook-ups, but how many controllers must you include?

Just 1.

[quote name='Scahom1']

THERE ARE EXCLUSIONS. A customer traded in his Gamecube and about 12 games today. The POX titles did not work.[/quote]
Maybe it varies by store, I called eb 15min ago and they said "bring em in, no exclusions"

[quote name='cyberlian']Obviously you must include all of the hook-ups, but how many controllers must you include?[/quote]
anyone? and do you need to include the orginal ps2 box?

I will butt heads with you on this issue forever, on the flyer it does NOT mention exclusions, the general consensus around my store was that there are NO exclusions.

Original box and instructions required.

Called 4 stores in my area and hears what they all said.

1. There are excluded games.
2. Games must be for the same system that you are trading in.
3. The deal is only valid if you have a PS2 and 5 non POX games, if one game that you have is on the POX list the whole deal is a no go.
4. Must trade in all offical Sony stuff with the PS2(i.e. Controller, A/V Cables, and Power Cord, meaning no 3rd party stuff)
5. PS2 does not need to have the box and instructions.

bread's done
Back