XBox system + 5 Xbox games = $150
Gamecube system + 5 GC games = $100
GBA SP system + 5 GBA games = $75
GBA system(old one i am sure) 5 GBA games = 50
PSone Mini system + 5 PSone games = $50
PSX system + 5 PSX games - $35
N64 system + 5 N64 games - $30
DC system + 5 DC games - $30

Not sure if there are any exclusions as for as games. I plan on calling tomorrow and checking.

Not spectacular but I bought my PS2 for $70 and I know I have some games I paid a lot less than $10 bucks each. Plus I only play Xbox lately.
I could make my money back somewhat for a trade.

Just an FYI...Hope its not a double post, I looked back a couple pages.

DOH! sorry didn't realize I could still edit my original post.

Ok one more time. sorry. to answer previous posted questions since I have the flyer in front of me. This is the fine print:

"System must be in working condition. Trade-in credit must be applied to purchase in same transaction. Game boxes and instructions are required. Not valid on previous purchases. While supplies last. Case for Games program does not apply to this promotion. no substitutions can be made. No rain checks can be issued. Customer may be responsible for sales tax in some states. See store associate for complete details Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. Offer valid 10/3/04 to 10/30/04"

I will butt heads with you on this issue forever, on the flyer it does NOT mention exclusions, the general consensus around my store was that there are NO exclusions.

Original box and instructions required.

You are correct in that the flyer does not state "some exclusions do apply," but when I processed the guy's GC today I tried using some POX games to give him more credit in the long run, but it wouldn't work. (Put in 2 POX titles with 3 PO titles, and only the PO titles bumped up in price) Will some stores honor POX titles? I suppose so, but it'll certainly vary.

I called 2 EB's, one said there are excluded titles, and one didn't. If I do this deal, I know where I'm going. Also when is this supposed to be released? End of this month? Early next month? Just Curious.

End of the month is when it ends.

And of course the games have to be of the same system, it states that on the flyer.

Could someone tell me when you trade in your PS2 and games if they actually check if the system is working or not.

[quote name='narclepto99']So, basically:

system = $100
System + 5 games = $50

i think I'll just trade in my system.[/quote]

System + 5 games = $150

Could someone tell me when you trade in your PS2 and games if they actually check if the system is working or not.

That'll again vary from store to store. I believe it all depends if your local store has demo units to try them on.

If someone here trades in their PS2 for a PSTwo and they already have a network adapter, please PM me, I'd like to buy or trade for it if possible.

Thanks!!

[quote name='Othergods'][quote name='supadupacheap'][quote name='Othergods']What are the rules on trading in an Xbox with the seal broken (Had to replace the hard drive)? Also will the old 1.0 accept a hard drive from a 1.6? Or will it give me problems?[/quote]

Im afraid you now own that xbox my friend. Once the seal is broke, very few people will touch it. Not eb, gamestop,GC, not even microsoft themselves. Best you could do is $50 from that llama guy. just put xbox and llama in google and it will come up.[/quote]

I have not done it yet. My Xbox Gave me the error code 21 and the statement "Your Xbox needs service. Please call Xbox customer support." So it is dead at this point. I may be able to get a Harddrive to put into it if it will work. My Broke Xbox is old 1.0 or 1.1, the new harddrive will be a 1.6 so I am not sure if it is compatible.

If I did change it and it works, Ebay should be a viable way to move I would think. As long as I disclose that the seal was broke to replace the harddrive. I would think that would get better bids than just a broke unit.[/quote]

Just an FYI... the hard drives in xbox's are locked and the password to lock them is tied in with the system. So replacing the hard drive would not have worked for you.

But... Installing a mod-chip on that x-box would allow you to get around it.

Hence, it is only useful to people who know how to do that, or have other uses for the Xbox.

$2.00 Games

Madden 2001
Madden 2002
Madden 2003

$3.00 Games

NCAA Football
NFL 2K3
NFL Gameday 2003
NHL 2001

There were also a bunch of $4 and $5 games, but there were too many and I didn't think that was as good of a deal.

I won't be getting a PSTwo as I want to still be able to use my HDLoader in my PS2.

I remembered the POX lists being online for XBox, PS2, and GCN, but is there a POX list for PS1?

[quote name='Querjek']I won't be getting a PSTwo as I want to still be able to use my HDLoader in my PS2.

I remembered the POX lists being online for XBox, PS2, and GCN, but is there a POX list for PS1?[/quote]

All older gen games are valid there is no POX list for those ones just the next gen systems.

[quote name='ajh2298'][quote name='Querjek']I won't be getting a PSTwo as I want to still be able to use my HDLoader in my PS2.

I remembered the POX lists being online for XBox, PS2, and GCN, but is there a POX list for PS1?[/quote]

All older gen games are valid there is no POX list for those ones just the next gen systems.[/quote]

At some of the EB's, there is no POX list.

Okay, I went to EB today just to look around. They have this deal going, starting today. The MANAGER told me if I traded in my old PS2 and 5 games, I could get the new PS2. I could use ANY games, including the very cheap and crappy ones, as long as they had box and instructions. She even said I could trade in JAMPACKS! These are super cheap at the local CC. I had to give them one DualShock 2 along with the system, cables, and 5 Jampacks. Seems like a good deal to me, but this may be YMMV, as I am sure she wasn't supposed to take Jampacks. But I wasn't complaining! :lol:

Any time an offer says "select" games, it means ones that are not on the exclusions list. I pity the associate who bumps up the value of Jampacks for this deal, especially when their district manager comes to do the audit.

And yes, it really is $100 for a PS2. It still says $70 when a clerk looks it up in the seach engine. They actually have to key in the trade-in and hit total. The computer bumps it up to $100 automatically. This only works for store credit though, they can't do cash.

Oh and a complete trade-in is: system, one controller, power cable, av cables. Box/instructions for systems are usually not needed.

[quote name='crucify']You can also get $100 store credit for a working PS2 or Xbox right now, the computer will bump it up automatically after the cashier hits total.[/quote]

Can anyone else confirm this, EB employees or otherwise? I went in today and asked and they said $70 for an Xbox (with no games). Either they were uninformed or this is YMMV?

The "normal" trade in value for a PS2/Xbox has been $70. I asked about two months ago.

Still not sure what to do now though.

Didn't realize this post would cause such controversey

Has anyone in NYC/Brooklyn tried the PS2 trade-in? I'd like to know which NYC EB stores will take ANY games for trade-in....

I pity the associate who bumps up the value of Jampacks for this deal, especially when their district manager comes to do the audit.

LOL...giving a customer $10 credit on a game that they sell for $5. I would promote him.

I'm also going to take my Xbox in with five demo games and get a new Xbox! I bought mine used, and I don't want it to crap out on me.

Has anyone ever had a problem trading in a PS2 with the Void sticker broken/removed? Mine isn't there. Will they give me any crap?

[quote name='Trakan']Has anyone ever had a problem trading in a PS2 with the Void sticker broken/removed? Mine isn't there. Will they give me any crap?[/quote]

I honestly doubt that they'll even check..

Well, wish me luck, i'm heading to the local eb to try to trade my dying ps2 and a bunch of sports games for a new pstwo. If it works, I will probably try to find some jam packs and trade in my thompson drive xbox for a new samsung...

Good Luck, I may have to look into trading in my PS2 also. It is pretty old, the second wave to hit the stores.

Just got back from eb and the flyer doesn't say anything about game exclusions but when the assosiate pulls up the deal in the computer, the pox list is in effect. Since I was told last night by another guy that there were no exclusions, he still honored it. I got a pstwo for my ps2 and 5 crappy games...

I may call around and see if any other eb games stores are still confused and see about trading in my thompson xbox w/ 5 games for a new xbox... One question... are all new xboxs the samsung drive???

[quote name='cyberlian']I may call around and see if any other eb games stores are still confused and see about trading in my thompson xbox w/ 5 games for a new xbox... One question... are all new xboxs the samsung drive???[/quote]

I'm pretty sure they are.

Im a little worried about the YMMV part of this. I WOULD trade in my PS2 if I could buy 5 crap sports titles (online of course) then add them to my ps2 and trade up. But, it seems the computer shuts that down and its up to the manager to override it. Im not that lucky to get THAT kind of manager. Instead, Im stuck with 5 crap sports titles, ugh.

Anybody know any titles around $5 that ARENT on the exclusions list I could pick up somewhere? Also, can you have multiples of the same title? I have 2 FFX-2s I could part with.

Just call up and ask if there are any exclusions to the titles. If they say yes, then you're better off just getting some cheap 10$ games that aren't on the list, then getting the 25% off + saver shipping, so you still save about 2$ per title, and I'm sure there are other places online where you can find games that aren't excluded for cheap.

[quote name='Trakan']Has anyone ever had a problem trading in a PS2 with the Void sticker broken/removed? Mine isn't there. Will they give me any crap?[/quote]

That varies by store. When I called to ask about the trade-in value, the girl specifically said if the seasl is broken, you'll only get $30. So I assumeat least the one near me will check.

I just called my local EB and out of the few PS2 games I have here are the results.

Acceptable for this deal:
Wild Arms 3
Devil May Cry GH
Final Fantasy X

Not Acceptable for this deal:
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
Madden 2001
Timesplitters (first one)
Red Faction
Virtua Fighter 4

That is my local EB (Altamonte Mall), I tried one other and the guy would not even tell me, said I had to bring them all in and he would scan them.

Ok, I just got the skinny on the deal after speaking with EBgames customer service. Apparently there are several deals going on. From their website:

#1 - PS2 HW and PS2 games - up to $150 trade-in value Expires 10/30/2004
Trade-in a working PO-PS2 SYSTEM ALL and 1 to 5 pre-played PS2 games and receive up to $150.00 in trade-in credit. System trade-in value is $100 and each game value is $10. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. Limit of 5 trades per customer. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Game must be in working condition.

#2 - PSX HW and PS games - up to $35 trade-in value Expires 10/30/2004
Trade-in a working PO PSX SYSTEM and 1 to 5 pre-played PS games and receive up to $35.00 in trade-in credit. System trade-in value is $10 and each game value is $5. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. Limit of 5 trades per customer. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Game must be in working condition.

#3 - PO XB HW - $100 trade-in value Expires 10/30/2004
Trade-in a working PO XB SYSTEM and receive $100.00 trade-in credit. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Game system must be in working condition

#4 - GC HW and GC games - up to $100 trade-in value Expires 10/30/2004
Trade-in a working PO GC SYSTEM and 1 to 5 pre-played GC games and receive up to $100.00 in trade-in credit. System trade-in value is $50 and each game value is $10. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. Limit of 5 trades per customer. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Game must be in working condition.

#5 - GBA SP HW and GBA games - up to $75 trade-in value Expires 10/30/2004
Trade-in a working PO GBA SP SYSTEM and 1 to 5 pre-played GBA games and receive up to $75.00 in trade-in credit. System trade-in value is $40 and each game value is $7. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. Limit of 5 trades per customer. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Game must be in working condition

#6 - GBA HW and GBA games - up to $50 trade-in value Expires 10/30/2004
Trade-in a working PO GBA SYSTEM and 1 to 5 pre-played GBA games and receive up to $50.00 in trade-in credit. System trade-in value is $25 and each game value is $5. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. Limit of 5 trades per customer. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Game must be in working condition.

#7 - PSX HW and PS games - up to $35 trade-in value Expires 10/30/2004
Trade-in a working PO PSX SYSTEM and 1 to 5 pre-played PS games and receive up to $35.00 in trade-in credit. System trade-in value is $10 and each game value is $5. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. Limit of 5 trades per customer. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Game must be in working condition.

#8 - DC HW and DC games - up to $30 trade-in value Expires 10/30/2004
Trade-in a working PO DC SYSTEM and 1 to 5 pre-played DC games and receive up to $30.00 in trade-in credit. System trade-in value is $10 and each game value is $4. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. Limit of 5 trades per customer. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Game must be in working condition.

#9 - N64 HW and N64 games - up to $30 trade-in value Expires 10/30/2004
Trade-in a working PO N64 SYSTEM and 1 to 5 pre-played N64 games and receive up to $30.00 in trade-in credit. System trade-in value is $10 and each game value is $4. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. Limit of 5 trades per customer. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Game must be in working condition.

I was told by customer service that whether or not the store will allow you to get deal #1 on an xbox and xbox games is up to each store, but officially, there are the deals going on. Also, for clarity, they are all in-store only and the exclusion list may vary from store to store (according to again, customer service).

I think the only worthwhile deals are xbox and ps2. I'm going to trade in my PS2 and a crappy game or two and just pay the difference for the PStwo.

Hope this helps some of you who might have been confused.

[quote name='narclepto99']Ok, I just got the skinny on the deal after speaking with EBgames customer service. Apparently there are several deals going on. From their website:

#1 - PS2 HW and PS2 games - up to $150 trade-in value Expires 10/30/2004
Trade-in a working PO-PS2 SYSTEM ALL and 1 to 5 pre-played PS2 games and receive up to $150.00 in trade-in credit. System trade-in value is $100 and each game value is $10. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. Limit of 5 trades per customer. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Game must be in working condition.

#2 - PSX HW and PS games - up to $35 trade-in value Expires 10/30/2004

#3 - PO XB HW - $100 trade-in value Expires 10/30/2004
Trade-in a working PO XB SYSTEM and receive $100.00 trade-in credit. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Game system must be in working condition

#4 - GC HW and GC games - up to $100 trade-in value Expires 10/30/2004
Trade-in a working PO GC SYSTEM and 1 to 5 pre-played GC games and receive up to $100.00 in trade-in credit. System trade-in value is $50 and each game value is $10. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. Limit of 5 trades per customer. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Game must be in working condition.

#5 - GBA SP HW and GBA games - up to $75 trade-in value Expires 10/30/2004
Trade-in a working PO GBA SP SYSTEM and 1 to 5 pre-played GBA games and receive up to $75.00 in trade-in credit. System trade-in value is $40 and each game value is $7. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. Limit of 5 trades per customer. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Game must be in working condition

#6 - GBA HW and GBA games - up to $50 trade-in value Expires 10/30/2004
Trade-in a working PO GBA SYSTEM and 1 to 5 pre-played GBA games and receive up to $50.00 in trade-in credit. System trade-in value is $25 and each game value is $5. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. Limit of 5 trades per customer. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Game must be in working condition.

#7 - PSX HW and PS games - up to $35 trade-in value Expires 10/30/2004

#8 - DC HW and DC games - up to $30 trade-in value Expires 10/30/2004
Trade-in a working PO DC SYSTEM and 1 to 5 pre-played DC games and receive up to $30.00 in trade-in credit. System trade-in value is $10 and each game value is $4. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. Limit of 5 trades per customer. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Game must be in working condition.

#9 - N64 HW and N64 games - up to $30 trade-in value Expires 10/30/2004
Trade-in a working PO N64 SYSTEM and 1 to 5 pre-played N64 games and receive up to $30.00 in trade-in credit. System trade-in value is $10 and each game value is $4. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. Limit of 5 trades per customer. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Game must be in working condition.

I was told by customer service that whether or not the store will allow you to get deal #1 on an xbox and xbox games is up to each store, but officially, there are the deals going on. Also, for clarity, they are all in-store only and the exclusion list may vary from store to store (according to again, customer service).

I think the only worthwhile deals are xbox and ps2. I'm going to trade in my PS2 and a crappy game or two and just pay the difference for the PStwo.

Hope this helps some of you who might have been confused.[/quote]

Thanks, that info wasn't on their site a couple of days ago. Here's the link:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/shops/instoretradein/

Only question I have for EB is if I have to spend the credit on the same trip.

[quote name='Nephets']Man, this deal keeps getting worse and worse... 30 bucks for a Dreamcast and FIVE games? That's awful... if you want to dump off your systems, put up an ad or sell it on Ebay...[/quote]

I couldn't agree more... I couldn't believe the posts before this that loved the idea.

On another note, EB hasn't taken in DC games for a along time. Does this mean we can get in on some DC games when these dimwits start showing up giving away all their stuff?

The following pertains to the Concord Mills EB Games at Charlotte, NC:

I called and they said there were no exceptions, so I went in with a PS2 and no games. I bought 5 used sports games to trade back to them for $10 each. Turns out the POX list is in effect, so the computer wouldn't let him do it. I didn't hold him to the phone call (5 sports games for $50 is just so dirty…), and just traded in the PS2 for $100 down on the PStwo.

Keep in mind that my PS2 was barely working... It takes about a minute doing nothing before it loads a game. Not to mention it was an earlier model with no IR port, no progressive scan, and no DVD-R support. Free modem + a working PS2 isn't bad for $50 isn't bad.

At any rate, at least on guy at the EB games of Concord Mills knows you can’t trade in POX titles…

other sites have the PStwo coming out in novenber sometime. can you trade the ps2 and games in now and put the total on a gift card?

My understanding is you cant put it on a gift card, but you can put it towards the PStwo. They ring it up, and you get a receipt for a fully paid pre-order. Bring it in once it's released and boom, new PStwo for you. At leas t that's how it was explained to me.

I traded my release thompson xbox for a new one with this offer and by luck of the draw I wound up with a phillips xbox... Almost as good as a samusung or not?

Wo there are a bunch of threads for this I posted my results in one but in case it will help I will post here too.
I did the deal traded Arc, WA 3, Def Jam Vendetta FFX and Vice city. Vice city wasn't on the Po but it wasn't a deal breaker i got half credit for it and had to come out of my pocket $5. This deal was great for me the controller I traded in had some wear so that willl be a trade up. I got my Ps2 at launch and although I have had no problems with it I'm figuring its due to spaz out. Plus This saves me buying a network adapter. And the best is three of the games I traded in were $2 overstock games so i made out on that deal. I couldn't be happier with how it worked out

bread's done
Back