Consoles and air travel?

HumanSnatcher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
This may be stupid, but I'm just curious as to what you guys experiences have been with traveling with your systems? I'm flying out to Memphis this Friday morning and planning on taking my PS2 again (I need something to occupy my time while my partner is at work...). Though this time I'd prefer to take it as carry on in my backpack. Last time I put it in my check in luggage, but added a few too many pounds and took up space (I wouldn't be having this problem if I had a slim PS2). I'm just curious if I should toss the power cord into my bag with it in case I have to turn it on for them and/or have to put it in a seperate bin as you would with a laptop?

They actually just updated the regulations so they now treat consoles as laptops. So yeah, make sure you have the power cord - they'll at least ask you to take it out, may or may not have you turn it on.

I was about to say the same thing... they updated it just recently. They'll do more through scans on baggages with consoles.

Thanks for the info. I figured that they treat them as laptops now. If I have enough room in my luggage, I think I may just put it in there as I don't feel like being hassled by security.

fuck.The.Entire.Airline.Industry

I just came back from Vegas and it has gone fucking ridiculous. has it not hit them that you can make a bomb out of ANYTHING? Soon we'll have to have our genitals checked for explosive fluid (pun intended) . Im all in for people to stop flying and start driving/taking a cruise to go oversea.

[quote name='shnizzle66']fuck.The.Entire.Airline.Industry

I just came back from Vegas and it has gone fucking ridiculous. has it not hit them that you can make a bomb out of ANYTHING? Soon we'll have to have our genitals checked for explosive fluid (pun intended) . Im all in for people to stop flying and start driving/taking a cruise to go oversea.[/quote]

I haven't been on a flight in forever because of said reason. It's just not worth the hassle. Renting a motorhome for the trip kicks more ass too.

[quote name='shnizzle66']fuck.The.Entire.Airline.Industry

I just came back from Vegas and it has gone fucking ridiculous. has it not hit them that you can make a bomb out of ANYTHING? Soon we'll have to have our genitals checked for explosive fluid (pun intended) . Im all in for people to stop flying and start driving/taking a cruise to go oversea.[/quote]

Believe me, I know what you mean. Its all total bullshit. Its totally fucking stupid that you can't even take cheese on a flight. You heard me, cheese. Because some asshat decided to stick an explosive device in one. I'm personally of the idea that we should just nuke the fucking Middle East back further than the stone age. That region has done nothing but cause the entire world problems for the pas few thousand years.

Though at least I'm flying out of Newport News, which is hella small. Its an extra 30 mins from Norfolk Int'l, but its cheaper. And by small, I mean only 10 gates. I'm just very fucking glad that I don't have to deal with going thru security in Atlanta where my layover is. fuck that shit!

As long as you don't act like you've got a bomb instead of a video game console, you'll be fine. There's very little hassle for me when I bring mine with me.

I took my Dreamcast with me to California and didn't have any issues. But that was just before 9/11. I kind of wonder too because I must take a game console with me wherever I go.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Believe me, I know what you mean. Its all total bullshit. Its totally fucking stupid that you can't even take cheese on a flight. You heard me, cheese. Because some asshat decided to stick an explosive device in one. I'm personally of the idea that we should just nuke the fucking Middle East back further than the stone age. That region has done nothing but cause the entire world problems for the pas few thousand years.

Though at least I'm flying out of Newport News, which is hella small. Its an extra 30 mins from Norfolk Int'l, but its cheaper. And by small, I mean only 10 gates. I'm just very fucking glad that I don't have to deal with going thru security in Atlanta where my layover is. fuck that shit![/QUOTE]

I don't think we should nuke them. Instead I think we should slowly get rid of our oil dependence then pull out completely, letting them all kill each other. Remember it's not Genocide if both sides are trying to kill each other.
And honestly, let's say it frankly here: Axis Of Evil in the Middle East=Iran, Israel and Saudi Arabia. There might be a little bit of Syria in there but Saudi Arabia starts up so much shit we shrug out shoulders at.

I always bring a console with me when I fly home for the holidays. I used to bring the gamecube in a carry on, they never mentioned anything. The last few times I brought my 360 in a carry on. The last time I flew in March was the first time they actually opened my bag and looked inside.

I always carry it on, I just wouldn't be comfortable with a console getting thrown around by the baggage handlers. Plus my last flight, somehow my girlfriend's checked bag got ruined, looked like it had been run over by something and eaten by the conveyor.

I'd recommend carrying it on or packing it between your clothes. I mean, I've taken my DS and my PSP on trips with no problems

bread's done
Back