Consumerist Gets Tipped Off to Best Buy Used Games

Jokes on you, games don't come with manuals anymore.

. . .

:(
No kidding. I just got negative feedback on eBay from a buyer who said I removed the instructional manual from MLB 13: The Show and then resealed it and sold it as "new" when the game does even come with an instructional manual in the first place!

Also we had a CAG open up a bitch thread in regards to GameFly not sending manuals with their games when the two games he was complaining about never included manuals.

I do agree with the idea of not buying used games that are presealed though.

So I guess now if you sell a new game on EBay without a manual, you have to put a note in your description saying a manual isn't included because of buyers like that. I'll have to remember that.

Hopefully this gets Best Buy to update their tags on used games. Its stupid as hell to see a game worth $9.99 on their website and then in-store it has a $39.99 tag.

So I guess now if you sell a new game on EBay without a manual, you have to put a note in your description saying a manual isn't included because of buyers like that. I'll have to remember that.
Trading into Amazon, I would recommend doing the same thing (put it on a post-it note inside the case). You'd think the entity that authorizes the trade-ins would know by now that Vita games never came with manuals, but apparently not.

a few weeks ago I traded in some games to Best Buy so I could buy a used Skyrim for $24.99...Well it was new for $29.99 and the used ones were all in generic cases and said $44.99 so instead of fussing at the counter for the right price if it didn't ring up correctly I just paid the $30 for a new copy...Sometimes $5 just isn't worth the hassle and the Best Buy I go to is way behind on updating prices on used games...I got $50 in trade credit for a bunch of old 360 games during the 100% trade in promo so it wasn't a penny out of pocket anyways...

bread's done
Back