CONTEST: $220 in Prizes from VideoGameDeals

Status
Not open for further replies.

defender

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU ARE CREATING AN ENTRY!
Read this text and PM me questions.

VideoGameDeals is offering 3 prizes

• 1st Place $150 Gift Voucher
    2nd Place $50 Gift Voucher
    3rd Place $20 Gift Voucher

Gift Vouchers are good only at VideoGameDeals.com toward any purchase.

TO WIN:
You must first go to VideoGameDeals.com and join the site if you are not already a member. Find an item you wish to write about and click "Write a Review" which is on each product description page. The review is a minimum of 500 characters (which is about 1 paragraph) and it won't let you post less than that so don't worry. Review must not contain dirty words. The review does not have to be favorable but if VGD feels the review is offensive it will be pulled and your chances eliminated. Single items can have multiple reviews from seperate users. All written reviews MUST be original and not copied text from another site. If you are found to violate this you will be eliminated.

Next come to CAG and post in this thread with a link to the page with your review. Maximum of 1 entry per person per day. Each entry must follow all the rules and post one time for each review. In other words you can enter once a day. Do not enter more than one review in a single post. It will only count as one entry. Do not post in this thread unless you have an entry.

For questions, just PM Defender (the owner of VGD), do not post questions in this thread!

On Sunday February 15th, 2004 at Midnight the contest will be over. CheapyD will then use a random online system to help draw the 3 winners.

Winners will be announced by February 20th, 2004.

Also 500 characters is quite small so dont be intimidated. Here is an example of 519 character review.
Biomotor Unitron is basically Pokemon with robots. That said and done, once you get past that high-concept explanation, you'll get a pretty tough RPG that focuses not just on building a load of different fighting mechs, but on learning how to battle effectively. The game is notoriously easy at first, and in fact seems boring. But once you start running into the higher level enemies, you'll spend days tinkering away to build the ultimate mech-killer, only to end up having to do it all over again for the next set of tough maps. By then, you'll have the phone off the hook and your friends calling 911 to check if you're alive.

THIS IS A DRAWING and to enter the contest you have to follow the instructions. There has been questions as to the quality of the review. My only desire is that they are not offensive. The reviews themselves won't be judged.

If you find that you created an error or wish for me to edit something I request you email me on VGD's contact form and be specific about the changes you need.

I am not going to judge the reviews. If you feel you are can only write
"great game loved it awesome neat" for 500 characters then so be it ...remember that you have to link to the review and while I may not judge you the collective CAGers will be able to read your writing.

As for a previously written review at another site. You must make sure you retain copyright. I will do searches for winning entries and if it turns out that the winners are using others text they will be eliminated. This is why there will be a 3-4 day wait from end of contest to the announcement of a winner. Make sure you can prove that the review is yours. If you can't prove the review is yours then you will be eliminated.

HTML IS NOT ALLOWED...to do a return just break twice to break paragraphs. Also all new reviews will not contain a last name as some users have requested this and I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back