Contest - CAG Foreplay #23: Win a Sega Saturn w/ X-Men: Children of the Atom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite Saturn game from back in the day has to be Daytona USA. Couldn't ever match the ungodly goodness of the arcade version due to lack of force feedback wheel but it was pretty sweet for 1995.

I still have my Saturn, though its in disuse. I traded Die Hard Arcade for a nifty FF7 Wall Scroll here on CAG, although the games I used to love playing were Panzer Dragoon 1; Panzer Dragoon 2: Zwei; Virtual On; NiGHTs.

I remember paying out the nose when the Saturn came out early, but it was all worth it when I got to experience Daytona at home :)

The Saturn is my favorite videogame system of all time. The Saturn port of X-men vs. SF is probably my most played game ever. I probably put over 400 hours into it.

Never owned the saturn and only game i have played on it is back when Independance Day was released i would love to fully experience the system. not to mention track down the games

I remember nearly crying in Toys R Us when this came out because my parents said it was too expensive. But Nights was soooooo much fun, and you can tell by my avatar Im a BIG X-Men geek.

I remember going to my cousins house after school to play some virtual cop on his Sega Saturn. Then one day I went over and the Saturn was gone, he had sold it.... jerk.

I was pleasantly disappointed by the "secret character" (Norimari?) in the Saturn release of Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter.

I was amazed, in retrospect, that I received the orders I placed at Buy-Rite for the few Saturn imports I owned.

Having never owned a Saturn X-Men: Children of the Atom would be my favorite game since it would be the only one I would have to play if I won the contest.

never owned a Saturn but played X-Men Children of the Atom in the arcades ALL the time...i remember beating the arcade for the first time using Storm....the feeling was a tingly sensational feeling...

Gun Griffon, for a while there that was the only game I had for my saturn, back before I foolishly traded the system

Most of my free time during second year in college was spent playing Marvel vs. Street Fighter on the Saturn of cause (it makes the PS1 port looks like a SNES game) that was almost 10 years ago... how time flies

Sega Saturn and Virtual On? Oh yeah......I still got mine......kept it over my PS1.....but kept a copy of Einhander for it just in case........

I played the heck out of Street Fighter Alpha 3 on the PS1, so it would be nice to check it (and the World Tour mode) out on the Saturn.

Side notes: a friend of mine loved Dragon Force (I've never played it), and I'm intrigued by Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, as I remember that in the arcades after Children of the Atom came out.

I would say Clockwork Knight was my favorite because of the environment the game put you in as a toy in a run of the mill house with other toys out to get you. :)

[quote name='magiic']I have never owned a saturn as I wasnt even born when the Saturn came out. But I would love to experience it.[/quote]
Yeah you were, you were 5.

X-Men vs. Street Fighter on Saturn was greatness

Man I've been wanting a Saturn for a long time. Hard to believe they're more expensive than Dreamcasts! I'm a huge 2D fighting fan, so I would love this!

Wow, I wanted a Saturn back in the day for virtual fighter. Ohh the memories of going to a friends house just to play video games.

I never got a chance to own this system, and dont remeber Children of the Atom, But if it is marvel IT HAS TO BE GOOD.

xmen children of the atom - seriously! I remember playing this in the arcade on a camping trip once (you can tell we're good in the outdoors)

First, thanks dragonsho for donating such an awesome prize, and the Shipwrecks for hosting the contest.

I would buy as many fighting games as possible. Street Fighter, Pocket Fighter (kawaii!!!), King of Fighters, Virtua Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Darkstalkers, Marvel Super Heroes... Ah, those were the days... Even as a kid with absolutely no gaming skills I could still have fun.

I figure I might as well throw my name in and give this a shot. Thanks for the chance, dragonsho & Shipwreck.

I remeber, back in the day, watching a buddy of mine play NiGHTs and thinking to myself, "wow, that's pretty amazing", but back then I was a Nintendo diehard, so I went and got myself an N64 instead. If only I could have looked past my fanboyism.

I remember walking in to a Toys R Us when the Saturn was released 6 months earlier than expected and found Panzer Dragoon on the demo kiosk. I was enthralled! The graphics, the music, and the environments all came together to create a fantastic experience (at that time). I played it for at least 2 hours, and knew I had to have one.

Though I have since gotten out of Saturn gaming, it would be great to get one again.

Sega Saturn's Street Fighter: The Movie....was for a very brief moment in my life one of my favorite games.

This game sucks. It stinks beyond all; however, because I had just spent my hard-earned money on this seemingly next-gen game, I was determined to love it. And love it I did, until I came to my senses and realized it was a steaming mess.

I don't remember the store, but I rented a Saturn from a video store once, along with one of the Marvel VS. games. It was a blast. That system has the best standard controller ever IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back