Contest (CAG Foreplay #46): Win Patapon (PSP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All sound in "Mischief Makers" for the Nintendo 64. This game is not the same without its epic sound!

Maybe not the most memorable ever, but I like to be at least slightly original - Pikmin!! The sound when you pluck them, when you call them back to you and the sound when they die are all classic and instantly recognizable.

Old school Gauntlet's "....shot the food!"

or

Final Fantasy's patented in every game victory music.....

Mine would be Boogerman for the genesis (or at least that's what I played it on). You shoot snotrockets and hock loogies at your enemies. Sound effects were rediculous when I was younger and playing this.

dude Tetris for the easy win. Theme B was that hotness song back in the day. Every time I hear A or B I get a little tear from the joyful memory. I even get misty at C. this game and more specifically the original music is the reason i bought a GBA .. 2 years ago?. (that and it was on clearance for $40 with Mario World/car charger and case)

Theme A - [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcyJGTCTRTc[/media] Theme B - [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMhLk0zvmws[/media] Theme C - [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6butfUZO7EI[/media]

I'm gonna have to go with OBJECTION! from the Phoenix Wright series.
(Does that count as a sound?)
If not, how about the cut scenes in between levels in Ms. Pac-Man?

More of a jingle than a sound effect, but the intro music to Arkanoid :)

or the into Katateka

jeesus, now all I can think of are awesome jingles - like Moon Patrol's section complete tune, or Ghost n' Goblins introduction...

pure sound effect tho, I love the death sound from Kung Fu - "BAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!" (love the Kung Fu tunes as well )

I'm going to go leftfield on this one, and say that Soundvoyager for the GBA was pretty memorable, if only because it was designed to be played using only the sound effects, with the lid of the GBA shut.

The most memorable video game sound for me would have to be footsteps on the metal floor in UT 2003 because it was the first time I stopped and really took notice of the sound in a game.

The music from the original Tetris. I don't know that it really added excitement to the game, but it's still lodged in my brain 20 years later.

SMB coin grab is the one that resonates,. but I also fondly remember:

"m-m-m-m-monster kill" un unreal tournament

Probably the "you lose!" from the end of a match of street fighter ii. I remember playing that game at an arcade as a little 8 year old and having my mother laugh at me after every match when the announcer proudly proclaimed my defeat

Im gonna say the squishy crunch sound when you defeat a enemy instantly in earthbound, you know when you dont even have to go into battle mode, it just flashes and says YOU WIN!

I know no one here cares about PC gaming but I will say The stim-pak injection and "ah-yeah" from the marine in Starcraft.

I would have to say "Aye Lavenger" from Baldur's Gate. Not really a "sound" but words that I STILL say to this day when I am frustrated and trying not to swear. My friend and I played through this great game on co-op and the phrase stuck in both our heads!

My favorite sound effect was the sound that Yoshi made after winning in Mario Kart 64. Bonus, I hate the sound of Toad "I'm the best". I played way too much MK 64 in middle school

I liked the original vector based star wars game from the arcades. There was something awesome about Obi-wan telling me "The force will be with me" and R2-D2 going haywire when the x-wing got hit.

What was the first thing Mrs. Shipwreck said?: "no Mario or Zelda," those are too obvious. Which of course some people tok to mean "don't even try to come up with an answer, just say Mario or Zelda." :roll:

But enough kvetching from me. :) I first though Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat but it's already been said(and why not? it's a very good choice) and I kinda like making my answers unique or at least as far from merely parroting what the guy above said as I possibly can. So I came up with Kirby. Not only is his signature sucking sound intantly recognisable but you can almost always tell when a piece of music is from a Kirby game just by listening for a few seconds to that cute, pink, fluffy beat. It just has that unmistakable "kirbish" feeling.

22.gif
Later

most memorable has to be when you die in mario bro's. anyone who has ever played video games can recognize that sound. pon pon pata pon

I would have to say one of the most recognized is the tetris theme, whenver I play it or whenever someone plays it, there's always that one curious person that pops up and mentions "OMG! Is that tetris!?!"

However, I would have to say my most memorable sound would be the sounds of Metal Gear Solid. One of my favorite sounds is when snake gets a call and the codec makes that one ringing nose. Much better than your FF victory theme >=]

IN THE ORIGINAL POKE'MON(RED & BLUE)THE GYM LEADERS BOSS MUSIC IS SO CATCHY THAT I NEVER FORGOT IT!!!

I will have to go with the good ole 'ALL YOU GET' from street fighter when ken and ryu throw a dragon punch. lol

i mean it is a SHO-RYU-KEN but the other phrase sounds better, it is also quoted in several non-video game songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back