Contest (CAG Foreplay #47): Win Professor Layton (DS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
once,a teacher asked a student what i cannot do but a pidgey can do?

the boy replied"sir,u cannot sit in a nest"

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A doctor and a bus driver are both in love with the same woman, an attractive girl named Sarah. The bus driver had to go on a long bustrip that would last a week. Before he left, he gave Sarah seven apples. Why? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away!

lame joke, i know :p
[/FONT]

Your stuck in a room with a concrete ceiling, walls, and floors. All that is in the room is a wooden table and a window with very strong metal bars over that are to close to squeeze through. How do you get out?

You see your reflection in the bars.
You see what you saw.
Use the saw to cut the table in two halves.
You put the halves together to make a hole.
You go through the hole.
And your out.

Three eyes have I, all in a row;
when the red one opens, all freeze.

A traffic light.

Name two coins that add up to 30 cents, but one of them is not a nickel.
A quater and a nickel. the quarter is not a nickel.

There are three unlabeled switches which correspond to three different lights in another room. The door is closed, so you can't look in. By entering the room only once, how do you tell which switch corresponds to which light?

Turn on two lights for a few minutes, then turn one off. Go into the room and touch the lightbulbs to tell which one is hot. The one that isn't hot is the third lightbulb.

Stole this from Playboy.

Why does every man want a son?

Because with a boy you have to worry about only one penis, but with a girl you have to worry about all of them. :whistle2:(

See, some people do read the articles.:)

I'm going to go ahead and post two three for you riddle lovers:

What gets wetter as it dries?
A towel.

I have two coins that add up to 30 cents. One is not a nickel. What are they?
A quarter and a nickel. The other coin was the nickel.

And my all time favorite, but lengthy riddle game: The Green Glass Door (works best when you read the words to someone and the can't see them)

There is a magical green glass door in a desert. Only certain items can go through it. Why?
Examples:
A tree can go through, but an oak can't.
A cow cannot go through, but a bull can.
A lion would not be able to go through, but a cheetah could.
An arrow may fly through, but the bow could not.
This riddle could go through, but not this statement.

Why?

Only items spelled with double letters may pass through the Green Glass Door.

Sorry if I exceeded the riddle limit, but they are too much fun!

If a rooster lays an egg on the roof of a barn, where the ridge runs east-west and the wind is blowing to the north, which way will the egg fall?

:booty:Roosters don't lay eggs! :booty:

The man who invented it doesn't want it. The man who bought it doesn't need it. The man who needs it doesn't know it. What is it?

A coffin

Here's a puzzle from my crazy friend, not quite a riddle but fits in with the type of puzzles from Professor Layton.

In a street there are five houses, painted five different colors.
In each house lives a person of different nationality.
These five homeowners each drink a different kind of beverage, smoke different brand of cigar and keep a different pet.
Who owns the fish?

The British man lives in a red house.
The Swedish man keeps dogs as pets.
The Danish man drinks tea.
The Green house is next to, and on the left of the White house.
The owner of the Green house drinks coffee.
The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
The owner of the Yellow house smokes Dunhill.
The man living in the center house drinks milk.
The Norwegian lives in the first house.
The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
The man who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
The German smokes Prince.
The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
The Blends smoker lives next to the one who drinks water.
Figure it out yourself you lazy bum

Saw somebodies post and decided to modify since it has another question!

What's a question you can never answer?

Are you dead?

Rich people want it but Poor people have it
Its greater than god and worse than Satan
and if you eat it you die?
Nothing

A son and his dad are in a car crash. The dad dies instantly, the son is rushed to the hospital where the doctor proclaims "I can't operate on him, he's my son." How is this possible?

The doctor is the child's mother.

The part about this riddle I like is not the riddle, but how it shows we have changed. People used to have trouble with it.

ENTRY RETRACTED
(just got the game)

How many psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb?

One, but the light bulb has to want to change.

Source: Irregular Podcast

~Justme8800

Last edited by a moderator:
Which weighs more: 100 lbs of feathers or 100 lbs of bricks?

They both weigh the same. 100 lbs is 100 lbs, no matter if it's feathers or bricks.

You are standing outside a room that has no windows and only one door; there are three light switches next to the door on the outside of the room and three separate light fixtures inside the room. How do you match which light switch goes to which light bulb? There is no way for light to escape the room. You can only go into the room once, and you can do anything you want while you are in the room.

Before entering the room, turn on a switch and leave it on for a while. After a few minutes, turn off the switch, turn on another switch, and quickly enter the room. The light that is on goes with the switch that you just turned on. The light bulb that is hot goes with the first switch you turned on. And the cool light bulb that is off goes with the switch you haven't touched.

Just realized it's the same as juvo... :imwithst:

Last edited by a moderator:
What has four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and three legs at night?
A baby crawling, a man walking, and an old man with a cane.

Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is.

I see someone already stole my Die Hard riddle.

The key is to ignore the first two sentences. Then the answer becomes more obviously "language"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back