Contest is over...congrats to depascal22!

My favorite XBLA game is uno. Its one of my favorite games to play in real life and to play my friends anywhere over xbox live is great.

Geometry Wars - One more try... (6 hours later)
Geometry Wars 2 - Which mode was I trying again.... (6 hours later)
Pac Man CE - AAAAhhhh almost had it! Let me try again..... (6 hours later)
Bomber Man - Dang it! I blew myself up again!..... (6 hours later)
Uno - How long have I been playing?...... (6 hours later)

*sigh*
Hello, my name is Cameron4all and I am an addict.

Definitely Sonic the Hedgehog 2
2d Sonic games just never get old
thanks for being so generous OP

Gonna have to go with Castle Crashers. Always loved side scrolling beat-em-ups. Especially if they feature 4p co-op. It also reminds me of Guardian Heroes for the Saturn, with the RPGish elements featured.

so many good ones... but i guess i have to go with the one i've logged the most hours on, and that Worms. its one of the few games that even my wife got into. easy to play, easy to love. lots of depth.

I'd have to go with REZ HD. I loved the Dreamcast version and the 360 version is just as awesome, but looks even better! It makes me happy in pants.

Geometry Wars Evolved 2.
Good music, amazing visuals, fun multiplayer. I wish it was priced the same as the original, but the expanded content is well worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
my favorite XBLA game has to be castle crashers.

it just has soo much content, and top it off, a great game mechanics, great humor, and awesome multiplayer aspects. really it just is a great game.

My favorite would have to be Bionic Commando: Rearmed because it is the best looking remake I have ever played. It also retains the unique swinging mechanic that separated the original from typical platformers. Certainly a blast from the past.

My favorite XBLA game is Bomberman LIVE. It's really fun, competitive, intense, and addicting. My cousin, his girlfriend, and I always have a blast whenever we play. You never know who's going to win.

Im going to go with Every Extend Extra Extreme. Yeah, I know its a PSP title too, but that doesn't mean its as fun as the one on the 360. Not to mention at times it reminds me of those old "Bullet Hell" games like Mushihime-sama and Perfect Cherry Blossom

N+ because it was the first arcade game i bought and remember laughing really hard when i ended up blowing up a friend by having a missile follow me and running past him and killing him. I still enjoy playing it to past time

actually, like several other people, my favorite is castle crashers. i like the beat-em-up nature, and other people can join locally in pretty easily. i like the leveling aspect, and the art and music is just plain fun. i'd probably use the points to pick up bomberman to complete the 4 player sessions.

Castlevania: SotN. I've lost count of how many times I've played through it over the years, and having it on XBLA means not having to grab the disk (actually, I sold my PSOne copy this year because it wasn't necessary anymore). It's just a blast to run through every so often - fantastic music, graphics that aged very well, and gameplay that's out-of-this-world. A true classic.

My favorite XBLA game is Aegis Wing. I really enjoy the fact that it was free and has great co-op. It's a pretty simple game that is really enjoyable over XBLA.

I'll say Marble Blast Ultra! because I've played the different puzzles for hours and it's a great time waster for my niece, makes baby sitting a lot easier.

I'd have to go with Geometry Wars Retro Evolved. An amazingly addictive game with just the right amount of challenge that can keep you going for years of trying to beat your score.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed. I can't really explain why I love the gameplay so much...I just do. It's the very definition of how a remake should be done. It's also one of those games where it feels like they could've charged more for it because of how much content it has. The only bad thing about it is that it doesn't have online, but you can overlook it for how much it has going for it.

EDIT: I might've picked Castle Crashers if the online implementation worked. When they do eventually patch it I may change my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Metal Slug 3
While I haven't actually played it on XBLA, I have played it again and again at the arcades, and on emulators... And it rocks, Best shoot 'em up ever!

Normally, I would say Castlevania: SoTN, since pretty much, it's my #1 game of all-time.

However, I have to go with Bionic Commando: Rearmed.

I've always been a B.C. fan, and when I first heard about B.C.R., I was ecstatic. I've followed it since the first word of it's existence, and doing so paid off. To show my dedication to it, I was actually in FL (live in NJ) when it came out, and I bought a router for $75 (cheapest one down there) just so I could hook up my 360 online, just long enough to download and play B.C.R.

The game did not disappoint. Mixing difficulty, with beautiful HD graphics, with a completely re-done engine, including rag-doll physics. Everything about this game, was just down right, and is so true to the original (which is probably my favorite NES game). I'm not sure about everyone else, but for me, the call-back to the classic, everything they did to exactly replicate the experience of the NES version, all the new elements they added, all the small details (including enemy locations, which match the original), and just everything else combined with fantastic gameplay, and so much replayability, makes this game my favorite XBLA title.

My favorite XBLA game is Braid, no other game had me up until 5am just to finish it the same night I got it. Brilliant puzzles, gameplay, music and story. That game has it all for a 2d platformer.

Duke Nukem. Awesomest game ever! I played it to death back when it was released, and I am doing it again in this release.

WormsHD is mine. Best multiplayer live game out there. There are so many weird techniques that you can learn from playing the game online. sucks that not all the DLC is listed on the marketplace anymore.

Duke Nukem 3D is my current favorite. My room mates and I used to LAN co-op with the PC version years ago.
When I saw it on the XBLA I called my old room mates and two of them bought it along with me, and now every now and then we get on it and BS about the old days while we kill "Pigs" .
Hope they add Serious Sam at some point too!

My favorite has to be Castle Crashers narrowly beating out Geometry Wars 2 and Braid. Castle Crashers has simple addictive gameplay(in part due to the weapons and leveling up system) and a great sense of humor and variety to the scenery. Even better once they patch it and we can all play online finally.

The demo for Castle Crashers was pretty fun, but of the XBLA games I own... I think I'll go with Worms. The single-player isn't that great, since the AI can be ridiculous, but nothing beats making that no-chance-in-hell, hole-in-one shot that wipes out your buddy sitting on the other couch.

Runners-up would probably be Geometry Wars and Pac-Man C.E.

Mega Man 9.

It's a great throwback to the original series. Love the Challenges, because they will keep me busy for a while.

Castle Crashers is a close second, but loses out due to the crippling bugs that just haven't been fixed yet.

bread's done
Back