Contest is over...congrats to depascal22!

I'm going to have to go with Pac Man CE. Pac Man hasn't been this good for a long, long time (next to PC Man vs).

My favorite is definitely Castle Crashers and for a purely CAGtastic monetary reason too. It may be like 15 bucks but I've gotten close to 40 hours of entertainment out of it. $2.60 an hour to be entertained? Sounds good to me.

I'll have to go with Braid, just because it was the first title that came into my head when I thought of the XBLA game that I've enjoyed the most so far.

My favorite XBLA game is Spades. It's online play is very addicting and skillwise, it is easy to pick up. I played the Castle Crashers demo and once I get some points, it will be my next purchase!

My favorite XBLA title is STILL Uno, It's still a great way to waste an afternoon, especially if you have the camera and you get to see all the random nudity!

I'd go with Puzzle Quest - the expansion is overpriced, but the original now at 800 points is a terrific bargain if you haven't taken the plunge yet and like puzzle games. All IMO of course. Already had it on the DS but let the wife have the only *2* saves on it =b

Different modes tweak the way you play the game too -
e.g. normal battles, learning skills, capturing monsters change goals/how you play it

My favorite XBLA title is Bionic Commando: Rearmed, perfect platforming and great stylized graphics! And a bit on the hard side too :)

Puzzle Quest. It's the first XBLA game I played more than casually. In fact, I played it more than most of the 360 titles. Lost many many hours late into the night playing that game. Addictive is an understatement.

Bionic commando has been my favorite so far, It gave me a really good feeling of nostalgia while being an awesome and sometime frustrating game. Great music too.

Geometry Wars II, simply because the game play is so addicting and there is so much variety in the different game types. Thanks OP!

Definitely Castle Crashers, though I really enjoyed Penny Arcade Episode 1 and can't wait for the next one. Castle Crashers is occupying most of my XBLA time right now though, mainly due to its awesome multiplayer and gorgeous art. Just a great game all around.

EDIT: Also, Puzzle Quest. I spent like fifty hours on that game. Super addicting.

I've got to say, my favorite XBLA game is without a doubt Castle Crashers. Not sure what it is about that game, but my wife and I can't seem to get enough of it. The look, the humor and most certainly the music all play a part - not to mention it's good, mindless co-op fun :)

My favorite XBLA Game is TMNT. Maybe because of Nostalgia? Maybe because its a good game. Im not sure. I do love old games. TMNT is a great beatemup but at the same time i also remember all the days i used to play it when i was a litle kid at the local pizza hut. Two slices of peperoni pan pizzza a coke and a bunch of quarters trying to take down Shredder :)

Hope we get TMNT in time next

I have to say my favorite XBLA game is Penny Arcade Episode 1. The humor was outstanding. The game play was good and while it was pricey it was still one of the best games I played on XBLA. When I was done I really wanted to play episode 2 right then and there, which is saying a lot.

my favorite XBLA game is Braid because it has amazing gameplay, story, and style. Castle crashers is my second favorite.

Favorite XBLA Game:
COMMANDERS: ATTACK OF THE GENOS

Reason: I love a good Turn Based Strategy RPG type game, and this one is the best XBLA has to offer. I wanted to like Band Of Bugs, but It didn't seem like it had any polish... and that's what stands out with Commanders, it feels polished and works well. Fun game as well... too bad more people didn't give it a chance.

Geometry wars. maybe not the best, but it's the last XBLA game I really paid any attention to. Wouldn't mind winning and trying something new however.

My favorite Xbla game is castle crashers, I don't really know why though. There is just something about the game that is amazing. Perhaps it's the humor or the art style or just all of the content in the game.

Tough choice, but I'm going to go with Mega Man 9. I grew up on the Mega Man series, and I've missed the fun Mega Man feeling I'd get when I played the old games. When I played MM9, it all came flooding back. The graphics: perfect. The music: on par with the classics. The challenge: oh, man! I've only managed to beat one boss so far, and I've died A LOT, but I've rarely felt like it was a cheap kill, just my rusty skills.

I dig Castlevania: SOTN. It's one my favorite games of all times and I hated getting rid of a few years ago, but now I get to play it on my 360. Love it.

My favorite XBLA title is Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3! I had been a fan of this game for years, and was always hungry for human competition after the local arcade scene died out. Once I heard this game was coming to XBLA with online play, I knew I had to get an Xbox 360. So yes, for me, this 13-year-old game was a system seller!

Geometry Wars 2 is the best arcade game so far - I can't see any other game being more addicting or fun in this genre.

Duke Nukem 3D. There's so much nostalgia for me. The moment I started playing it on XBLA it brought back so many memories. I can't believe how well I remember the maps.

Hmm... Rez in particular, although Uno shares many of the same qualities. For me, XBLA exist for instant gratification and there's absolutely nothing more instantly gratifying than chill-out/low competition games.

Rez is the the king of such, while Uno the queen. :)

If I had to pick my all time it is Castle Crashers. That is the best one so far so much re playability. Had it not come out my favorite would still be N+

Carcassone. It was free and turned out to be really, really fun. I played it for a long time online and with my friends. Really unique kind of game and lots of strategy. My roommate always owned us with some sneaky farm land.

My favorite is Catan by a long shot. It's always fun, can be played for 20 minutes or a couple hours, and is a nice break when I need to chill and not worry about the universe (Marvel, ultimate, REAL, or Mass Effect) falling apart.

Wow, a lot of games in this thread I'll have to check out.

I just got my 360 last Friday, so pretty much the only XBLA game I've played so far is the Pac-Man that comes on the disk with the Arcade :D

TMNT the Arcade Game. I mean memories of playing that for hours in the arcade when I was but a wee little mall rat come to life once again when I play it. Just has a lot of good memories...if only they could bring the X-Men and Simpsons arcade game too...I'd be happy :)

My favorite so far is Zuma. It's simple to play because you only have to match three colored stones in a row, it's relaxing because you don't have to complete a goal or even set a decent time as long as you don't let the circle fill up to the sun faces, and it's addictive because you can always get a better score the more you play.

Geometry Wars is still the most important (and my favorite) xbox live game to come out thus far. It made me purchase my 360 and I have been happy ever since. It brought a lively gameplay style with great graphics. It is a must for this system.

Has to be Duke Nukem 3D, it is so awesome just to go back to my childhood and shoot up the aliens that my parents once thought were "inappropriate" for me.

I would say Carcassonne, I don't get to play it as much as i would like, but it is a well implemented version of the board game. I even play it with friends at home instead of getting out the original version, just so we don't have to add up the points ourselves.

bread's done
Back