CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

Go on the Iron Chef dress as Wario trash the set, jump on the conter and say in a Wario voice "The Battle is OVER!" then run tossing Sushi at all the Chefs.

Now this is too sweet to pass up....free games as a fellow gamer heads to the land of the rising games!!! Pick me and your games go to a good home. Have a great time in Japan and don't forget to pick up some Dragon Quest swag!!!

Hey Cheapy! I think you should wear a t-shirt in Japan that sais "I hate play station" and on the back have the xbox logo. That would be a dream to win games from the master, Cheapy himself.

I would like to see a pic of you on the bullet train, never actually seen it

though my sister lived in Japan for about a year, but down near Osaka

she did love visiting Akihabara though

oh and always buy stuff used in japan, cd's, dvd's, games, manga especially

saves you a ton of money

well im new... hopeing for a nice welcome gift ..... i hope you have fun one thing u might try is skydive over hong kong naked... husband gave that idea haha well eather way have alot of fun :)

you should reenact a videogame of your choosing using plush dolls of the characters. sounds like a sweet collection. :)

Its been a life long dream of mine to visit Japan. Please make sure you see all the sights and do all that you can do. Take lots of pictures. Make sure to eat lots of strange and exotic foods. Also, make sure you buy lots of crazy stuff from the incredible vending machines they have over there.

Vending machine Checklist:

-Full size robot toy
-hot coffee in a can
-beer
-t-shirts in a can
-Nintendo LCD Key Chain Games

Have a great trip.

I would like to see some sort of import system for games, like if you had someone in the U.S that you could trust to send a bunch of games to and then they could send them out to other cheapass gamers at a cheaper mailing rate then it would cost if we got the games form some website or something.
(sorry if this was already posted)

Wow, that's pretty major news. I hope you enjoy living in Japan. I've always thought it would be interesting to take a trip there some time.

You should send us some pics of you playing DDR in an arcade there. ;)

Dude you have to go to the Bauhaus in Tokyo. It's a bar where a Japanese band plays '70s and 80's american songs. It's a gag!

CheapyD cand do whatever he feels like in Japan as long as we don;t see a picture of him doing any sort of female cosplay ( I think I just threw up a little ) :)

He should avoid all the giant monsters that I hear are over there. I think that it had something to do with the bombing of Hiroshima.

You should visit Tokyo and try to find as many Space Invaders as you can. They'll look like mosaics, can't say what they're made of though. Last I heard there were about 80 total in Japan.

I missed the "Must write about Japan" part... here ya go:

Best of luck in Japan. When you travel through a bakery beware. Nearly everything was not what it seemed. A glazed donut had fish mincemeat in it instead of jelly. When you hit the noodle shops, be sure to slurp your soup. IF you see a box of Chocolate Colon Blow, buy it and enjoy with a can of Sweat. Really. Oh, and if you ask for eggs for breakfast, don't be surprised if you get a bowl of raw cold salmon eggs.

Enjoy!

I'd like to see you, CheapyD, try your hand at drifting a rear wheel drive car. Pics needed, and video would be nice too!

i hope you enjoy your new home! it's just too bad that there aren't any videogames in japan for you to play. i hope you like haikus and floral arranging, because i hear that's all they do there

Whoo boy there are a lot of entries! I doubt anyone is even reading this deep but hey... I gotta give this contest a shot.

So erm... Heres my post FTW!

someting about Japan..... erm... its an island? Well its a group of islands.... yeah... so... yeah...

CheapyD ... good luck with your move.
What I would like to see you develop is a sub or sister site that really does a proper job of letting us US/Canadian gamers know which titles are worth our effort to import. Included in the list would be ones that you know are under consideration for being brought over here anyways. I know it's not exactly what CAG is all about, but having you there with those other games and having access to it all so easy would be a wonderful project IMHO.

My grandfather was shot in the leg in Okinawa during WWII. He loves showing people the bullet hole and his purple heart license plate, which I think is kind of weird. But maybe this is his way of showing he is proud of his country.

He seems to harbor no ill will toward Japan at all, which I guess is pretty cool. He certainly has plenty of their consumer electronics (but only American cars).

Sounds like a lot of fun, enjoy Japan CheapyD.

Nice contest! :cool:

What I'd like to see you do while in Japan is to take 1 day and go to the locations Yu Suzuki refrenced in making Shenmue. Much of the locations in the game are majorly inspired on those real world spots. I can probably get you some general directions or something if needed... though there's a website out there somewhere for "real shenmue" or something that gives the info.

It would be great to get some pictures.

It's great you won't have to work a regular job while in Japan. Scour the game stores... have fun... do a weekly report here on life as a CAG in Japan.

Game on! :applause:

CheapyD should eat lots of sushi (if you really like them), find a job from one of those Japanese Gaming companies (Namco, SquareEnix, Nintendo, Konami). Don't forgot to drop by the Sony Complex in Ginza !!!! But most importantly, don't get Lost in Translation !!!!

Have fun in Japan! You will like it a lot! I did when I was there last year !~ Best Wishes!

By the way, if I win, all your games will be kept in good condition on my DVD shelf along with my 50+ games !!!!

Thanks! and Take Care CheapyD !!!

I would like to see thousands of Japanese people running through the streets yelling, "Oh my God, CheapyD is coming!!" "Run!!!!".

I would like to see you go to the home of former Nintendo President, Hiroshi Yamauchi, and challenge him to a DDR Mario Mix battle.

Go find the Gaisha girl while Mrs Cheapy is away at her fancy job.....oh and you should probly go stalk miamoto and beat up any sony representative you can track down....hmmm....that should probably do it....right on!~ :hot: :bomb: :hot:

Please consider myself to be the winner of the contest, just mainly because I am new to this site, and I am a long time gamer since the days of pong.

While you're Japan, I would like to see you in a photo with a female game character, at on of those cafes that has a video game motif. Be sure to choose the gals wearing skimpy clothing or the school girl thing. That's pretty big over there. Another photo I would like to see you is at the tech district in Japan, I want to see if it is just as lit up as Vegas.

So I only hope to be suceessful in your choosing of a winner of your precious game inventory, and I assure you that it will be well played by me.

Thanks.

Japan rocks hardcore!!! Watch some anime, play some games, and in some time you might be a japanese gamer that could kick all our aszes! ;)

have fun man

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back