CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

Good luck Cheapy and Mrs Cheapy. We're gonna miss you here in NYC. I want to visit Tokyo eventually, so when I do, I'll let you know.

[quote name='scsg75']While in Japan, find out where the sailors are. That's right, go around and ask random people where you might find sailors. Try to wear a bomber jacket if you can. Maybe get a job running a forklift and if at all possible, try to become obsessed with collecting those little toys that come out of vending machines.

Have fun![/QUOTE]

Do you know where I can find Sailors?

No, I don't.

Ok, thank you.

Good luck in Japan. I hope I win the games. I would like for you to drink a whole lot of sake and to give me a sake recommendation.

hmm, you got my first post virginity with this thread, I gotta win those games =) Japan.... since we are on a gaming forum, I would say Jap games/anime/girls>>>>>>>>>>>>anywhere else in the world.

I think you might need a voltage converter for your ps2 and xbox.. they have 100v and we have 120v.. not a lot of difference, but it will affect the consoles.
I am sure you will soon find out. Good luck playing/buying japanese games.. I dont' think they have cheap games like we do.. maybe you will find Japanese CAG there, if they don't maybe you should make one for them. You will be the host of CAG international.

I'd like to see you walking down the street in a kimono and sandals. Oh, and I'd also like to know about anime that hasn't come to the US yet.

I think I'd like to see you walk around Tokyo and count how many billboards have food with eggs on or in it. I saw it on "Attack of the Show," and I'm wondering if they were exaggerating by saying they put eggs on everything.

FUN FACT!: Japanes beer SAPORO is made of RICE....tastes GOOD! and you will enjoy it along with your noodles man!

The games list ROCKS!

I wanna wanna wanna get games!

Anyway, you should just change your name to Tokyo Drifter or something like that!

Sign me up, I'm in for some free games.

I want to see CheapyD go to Japan.. get into an arguement with Japanese gamers about how US games are superior to Japanese games, and force them to play a 3DO. That are get into a hot dog eating contest with a Sumo wrestler. Then there's the whole Wasabi snooters thing.....

I'd like to see CheapyD wear an Xbox 360 sandwich board ad... parading up and down Akihabara during XBox 360 launch day!

I would like to see CheapyD run around Japan with CAG painted on his bald head.(with Japanese translation)

I want your games cause they are free and that's what being a CAG is all about.

I would like to see no more cheapy vs godzilla suggestions. cheapy isn't real he's just a fictitious character.

oh, and start cheapassbukkake.com

edit: Am I the only one who thinks sake smell like piss?

While in Japan I think you should walk up to people who do not know English, bow to them, and say with a HUGE smile, "I am SO much taller than you and you have a small peepee!"

-will

Hello,

I love Japan, make sure you visit all the arcades and please DO NOT miss out on going to Joypolis. Joypolis is the large Sega arcade in Japan, and i am envious that you will be living close to it. I would also like to win the games of course!

You lucky bastard. I've always told myself that if I ever win the lottery (ie. never), I would move to Tokyo and soak up the culture and electronics. Now here you are, going to live my dream while mooching off your wife.

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant.

Best of luck in Japan! How about some type of show on the arcades there? I hear they are incredible and have a variety and style unseen anywhere. Thanks.

Japanese cultural fact:
It is proper etiquette in Japan to put "-san" after another adult's name, or "-chan" after a young girl's name, or "-kun" after a boy's name, but never use these after your own.

I think you and the Mrs. will enjoy your stay there. A quick heads-up: they have a habit of putting eggs in their food; keep that in mind when you're at McDonald's.

I'm still surprised that you're making the jump. C'mon, NYC is so much better! You'll still have your CAGcasts, so it should be pretty interesting. Anyways, watch out for the tentacle monsters, dude. I hear that they run rampant all the time.

G'luck in Japan.

[quote name='CheapyD']Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo. [/QUOTE]

www.cheapassgamer.co.jp

Lines to Akihabara of Tokyo Apple Store proportions for 1-yen guides and PO fodder.

I'd like to see him dress up as a giant Pikachu and run around pelting people and things with foam pokeballs. Hopefully we'll eventully see a giant sweat drop pop up on someone finally.

When in Japan look out for the karate kid. I hear he and Gary Coleman are planning some kind of takeover of Japan....or at least a guy at EB said so. ;)

Damn, talk about a contest! I say you go to Japan, and for the first 24 hours, engage every Japanese person you see in a sumo wrestling match (even if they don't want to). Then, since you'll probably be in (a) the hospital for a really long time from a beat down by a real sumo wrestler or (b) Japanese prison cause you didn't follow the official Sumo wrestling rules of the secret society of random sumo wrestlers, you can hold another contest for the rest of your games cause you won't be able to play them.

And then, since you've rid yourself of all the video games you've worked so hard to aquire, you'll start a new passion and website about cheap ass sumo wrestling! Yay! Cheap ass sumo wrestlers. I think that should be a new video game. Who do I talk to?

Holy crap. So you get to be a house husband in Tokyo while Mrs Cheapy D works? You lucky bastard.
I would just like to see this site continue to be awesome, and please continue with the CAGcasts.

Cheapy you definitely need to check out some of the crazy ass rides they have there... http://rcdb.com/pd728.htm

That one in particular if the park is open again looks just awesome. Sadly there was an accident there and I don't know if the park has opened again...

Sorry I don't have anything else...

It doesn't get any cheaper than FREE, and being a CAG, that's right up my alley. If someone's gotta win, it might as well be me.:bouncy: As for what you should do in Tokyo? That's easy...Geisha Girl. And, I want pictures.:cool:

I would also like to see Cheapy dress as a gothic lolita and parade around the streets of harajuku on a sunday afternoon!

[quote name='jaybird']If I win, I only will accept the games if it includes an autographed photo of Cheapy. :)[/QUOTE]

Nah, I want him to sign the Winning Eleven Jersey. :D

My cousin works in Japan teaching English. Don't know when she is coming back though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back