CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

I could use some games myself. Also, congrads on moving to Japan. Knowing someone over there would be a huge advantage, especially for yourself.

In Japan, I would like to see you do this skit from Family Guy

Peter: OMG your Jackie Chan!
(guy walks off)
(guy walks off)
Chan: Why yes, I am.
Chan: (to Meg) OMG your Ethan Hawk!

I have to be clever to win those games, don’t I?

Bloody hell, I knew being bland and boring was going to get me nowhere.

Here’s a random Japanese expression:

“If a nail sticks out, stomp it.”

I think that means that in Japan you don’t want to stick out of the crowd. Being an individual is going against society or something…..but I think I am wrong.

For my amusement…….find out if there really are SQUARE-like watermelons in Japan…..or if the Simpsons just lied to me.

Oh and here is a Haiku from Lord Oda (around 1400-1500ish)

If a bird
Doesn’t sing
Kill it

Went to Japan over summer with the family and I loved it. Tokyo is probably my favorite city next to London; it just gives you a perspective of how different life can be. I hope I can go back there some time it was good fun. Hope you have a great time while living there and get situated fast and comfortably. Best wishes!

Dude! Have a great time in Tokyo. Don't be a stranger though. I've agreed with most of your reviews, etc. of games and stuff. Don't think that half a globe will allow you to shirk your responsibilities here!

Oh man oh man oh man!. I wish my wife got a job offer in japan :(

Whatever you do...DON'T become an emo gamer who gets stuck in japan working in a manga store while living in the apartment upstairs and falling in love with a voice actress.

anyway, count me IN on the contest!

Man I wan those games.. I only have 2 of them! I wanna see Cheapy pull a prank on the town locals... Something crazy like... Dressing in full gi and performing kata's.

You are gonna have a great time live in Japan. The food, and not to mention the video games they have over there. It's heaven on earth, don't you think. And who knows, you may finally get to meet Gozilla :)

I would love to see some photos of Mt. Fuji taken by the CAG man himself. Enjoy your stay in Tokyo. Congrats to you and your wife "ON the offer you can't refuse".

Congrats. If you're ever in Nagoya say hi to my friend Nick O'Brien. I'll be visiting him in January. He lives behind a multi story arcade building.

For anime fans, Japan is THE place, I really like the Madarake shops. However the place is freaking expensive, nothing is cheap. Best of luck, I like visiting the place, hopefully you find a place that is relaxing.

Now that you're selling all of your American language games, I assume that you'll start a new collection of Japanese games. So, in a while you can have a contest to win all of your Japanese games (although we would need a Japanese console to play them).

Japan builds the best cars (Honda, Toyota beat and Ford or Chevy on the road) so with the in mind I will gladly take those games off your hand. :)

When you are in Tokyo, go visit the arcades in Shinjuku. Many lovely girls will give you free tissues as you walk by the streets there. You will need it as you wet your pants scoping all the hotties there. This advice should make me a front runner to win your collection of games! :)

Sweet contest ya got going on here...you should use japanese technology to make a robot that finds the cheapest deals around the world.

I'd love the games - I'm definitely fulfilling the "broke college student" stereotype, and these would keep me busy for the rest of my time here.

That said...I'm not expecting to win, because contests like this always bring out the lurkers in droves. Chances are it'll go to someone with two posts instead of me... :cry:

Any chance of doing a CAGcast in Japanese? Now that would be cool, and it'd meet the amusing requirement for sure...

So basically your wife is going to become your sugar momma? That's freaking awesome. I'm broke at the moment, and I don't have several of those games you have listed ^_-.

I'd like to see you have your own TV show in Japan where you can help them find cheap deals for their games which cost even more than anywhere else. They might just need the help even more than we do.

wow, Congrats to your wife. Hope you have tons of fun. Do you know any Japanese? I hope to be in your shoes someday, my wife is hoping for a job around the mediteranian.

I have always wanted to fly into Tokyo. Good Luck

Good luck Cheapy, I would love to just take a trip there.

Btw, I would love to see you run naked through the streets of Downtown tokyo......hmmm well maybe not.

Nice lot of games btw!

I would love to win your games to be able to play them. College students don't make a ton of money, you know. Nice collection.

Hope you enjoy Japan and get used to life there. Glad to hear that CAG will still live on even as you move to Japan.

Make sure to take a Walk under the Sakura Trees when they are in bloom! Im so Jelous of you. Iv told every person close to me that when I die I want my ashes spread there among the sakura trees in the Akihabara district.

Congrats!

I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Tokyo... I'm so jealous/happy for you!

haha while you're there, could you mail me back some pocky? ;-)
ALso, my friend's studying there... he's used some CAG deals but never signed up for the site. I think it would be funny if you showed up and told him lurkers weren't allowed :whistle2:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back