CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

Man... Living in Japan you'll get your hands on the PS3, like 6 months before the rest of us... Be sure to let us know if it lives up to the hype. :)

I've wanted to go to Japan since I was about eight years old, especially Kyoto and Tokyo. Touring the Sapporo brewery wouldn't be bad either, provided they give out plenty of samples.

As for what you should do, lounge around in your undies like Scarlett Johansson did in Lost in Translation, and go out and buy cool vending machine toys.

Your games and schwag will have a good home here.

CheapD's going to Japan
He's gonna send me all the games he can
His wife is working for the man
So CheapD can sit on his can....

OK... ok... that's as creative as I get... -=)

Good luck in Japan Cheapy

Heck- I'll give it a shot.

Hey Cheapy- did you get the travellers constipation while over there? The diets so different you usually get "benpi." If you get a chance (and if you haven't already) I'd recommend visiting Roppongi Crossing (Tokyo), Shibuya (Tokyo), Asakusa (Tokyo), Nikko, Nara, Osaka and Kyoto.

For those who have never been to Japan check out http://homepage.mac.com/sugahara/PhotoAlbum6.html for a taste of what it's like.

Daroga- you can usually get tickets between $500-$900 depending on where you live. Chicago is a hub for United so you can usually get a flight out of there.

I bet CheapyD will be a denizen of Akihabara. Stuff there you won't see in the states for years.

I would like to see Cheapy D go on a delicious food binge of fish ball soup, bull penis and raw eel. Add a little Saki and it will all go down nicely...enjoy!!

Congratulations on the move and new job!

Apparently in Japan, everything is very tidy. And tiny. And those cellphone charms are all the rage - some people have them going all the way to the ground.

Capsule toys forever!

I would like to see CheapyD eat Blow Fish sushi. I heard it's so good that "it's to die for." :) Bonus level awarded if sushi is prepared by an inebriated chef who has had one too many swigs of sake.

Here's my stupid joke:

Cheapy D, stay away from the vapors over there. I hear they turn you Japanese.

Here's hoping my stupid joke doesn't disqualify me from winning the games.

cheapyshoguncomplete0rv.png

I got your picture of me and you You wrote "I love you" I wrote "me too"
I sit here staring and there's nothing else to do Oh it's in color
Your hair is brown Your eyes are hazel
And soft as clouds I have to kiss you when there's no one else around

I got your picture, I got your picture I'd like a million of you over myself
I want a doctor to take a picture So I can look at you from inside as well
You've got me turning up and turning down and turning in and turning 'round

I'm turning Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese
I really think so Turning Japanese
I think I'm turning Japanese I really think so
Turning Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese
I really think so Turning Japanese
I think I'm turning Japanese I really think so

Ya know Cheapy, if you want to make a lil' extra money on the side... you should buy Pinky Street dolls. I know a whole forum of people who will pay you good money for the rare Pinky Street dolls that are nigh impossible to get outside of Japan, like the Gunslinger Girl one or the blue KoF or the kits from the model shows.

Just a thought... :D

Congrats to you both on the opportunity!

When you get there, head out to one of the 2692847983986 karaoke bars and record yourself singing Dennis Leary's "Asshole" :)

You are moving to one of the places I would love to visit sometime - if I ever travel to Japan could I crash with you?

If you can't yet speak Japanese, I recommend Pimsleur's audio course. I listen to it in the car, not that you'll have one in Tokyo!

I bet you'll like living in Japan. I've been wanting to go there so bad, but I'll make it there one of these days.

You should check out some of the wrestling in Japan, I hear it is pretty good. From what I've seen on DVD, it looks great. Also, make sure to stay away from those pachinko machines, I hear people get addicted to those.

You got a really nice package of games there, and winning those would make my gaming library look great.

Good luck in Toyoko! :D

While in Japan you should visit the Imperial Palace. I hear public isn't allowed but maybe you could sneak in ;) ninja style. Seriously I hope you have a ton of fun and I know I would spend the first couple weeks seeing everything I could and just taking in the culture.

Awesome opportunity. Good luck. Please do an ongoing feature about gaming life in Japan.
Also you can end all of your features with the classic line. " I'll give you a TKO from Tokyo!"

I hope your game list also includes a sealed copy of ShaqFu autographed by the Diesel himself. That would be sweet!

Wow CheapyD, it's awfully nice of you to give your games away!

I think it would be great if you would dress up like a different video game character every week and walk down the streets, and have it taped so we can see everybody's reaction. Maybe not the greatest idea, but I'm sure it would provide some ammusement for many of us :D

damn this thread just keeps going and going and going....................

I hope you have a smooth move over to Japan. I hope to play a few games on Live with you before you go. Winning those games would be a definite plus to any collection, including mine. ;)

I would like to see you film your own "Japanese" horror movie with long forgotten videogames who never had a chance to shine due to bad reviews. Now comeback for vengeance from the very people who doomed them.

Cheapy, I want you to be our inside man for all the cool games, accessories and swag that doesn't make it here to the U.S. of A! At the very least, post photos - many and often!
Good luck and domo arigato!

[quote name='CheapyD']Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).[/QUOTE]Well, the post's now up on Joystiq. Hope you're happy, CheapyD. =)

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000650063194/

I don't know whether this qualifies as an entry or not, but a post has been made!

--Dan

While in Tokyo whenever you are in public you have to point to the sky at a 45 degree angle and shout "Gojira!". See how many other people look up.

Best wishes in Tokyo.

I'll tell you exactly what I'd like you to do for my amusement: open an import game site. Not only could you sell Japanese games to us, but our games to the Japanese.

Good luck on the move, sounds like a great opportunity. I will be out of a job soon and I will need games to play since I cannot buy anymore, so I think I should win your games. hehehe.

Definitely love to see you do some cos-play. Either that or you could send me a first class ticket to join you!

Good luck man, wish you all the best, you lucky CAG you!!

That's a mighty nice rack...... of games you have there. :D

Grats on being a "stay at home" dad Cheapy. Or if not a dad yet, you will be...
YOU WILLLL BEEEEE

You can luge that around?
Your lucky, you get to go to Japan, Japan seems so interesting, so advanced and tons of video games ^_^ Im actually trying to learn Japan to go there... Anyways, what else to say... nice collection

Japan Eh?
um you should dress up like a Sailor Scout and see if a few Japanese schoolgirls(of legal age) will join you for sexy evil conquesting.......or something to that effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back