CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

Hey Cheapy, hope you like it in Japan, cause it sounds like it's going to be a big adjustment. Does your wife know the language already, or will she be working in an english-speaking institution?

get a little kid to buy a berr for you out of a beer vending machine or go see mlb teams play at the tokyo dome next spring i think it is

Looks like there will be many more opportunities for gaming over there in Tokyo! It sure would be nice to get some games while being a broke college student! Good luck Cheapy D!

I'd like to see a picture of big-tall-white CheapyD surrounded by no fewer than 20 short japanese people. Preferably while dunking a basketball, but not required.

What better for a CheapAssGamer to do than play cheap pencil & paper games from Nikoli? Sudoku is already hugely popular in the UK, and is starting to gain popularity in the US as well, but others such as Hashiwokakero, Hitori, Ripple Effect, and Filomino are equally enjoyable, and require merely a pencil, some paper, and a decent brain to complete. The books are also reasonably inexpensive, and large collections can be purchased cheaply.

So why not drop a few yen and pick up a copy of Puzzle Cyclopedia?

I want pictures of the segalands and other such arcades in Japan. In particular, pictures of the different grabbing machines and prize-winning machines...i forget what they're called, but when I used to live in Okinawa I was all over those and won really cool stuff.

Hey! I'm going to be in Tokyo for 3 weeks over x-mas and New Year's! Maybe I can crash at your place!

man this thread is gettin long!

i think it'd be cool for cheapy to do a CAGCast live while waiting in line for a PS3, though it might be hard to fill time after the first 10 hours...

It's my birthday in three weeks, so free video games would be a great gift.

Thanks for the give away. What a wonderful tradition if people would continue this idea. IE Give away some stuff whenever you move. Makes moving easier. And makes someone happy. . .

Congrats, I'm jealous...Japan's an amazing place. If the website goes south you can always get work handing out packs of tissues, selling crap jewelry, or pushing illegal phone cards. Gaijin power!

Sounds like you and the mrs. had hit the jackpot with a job and a stay in Japan:D :applause: . So how are you and Wombat going to do Cagcast now? Its going to be weird at first, but I know you have it sort it out. Anyways that is indeed a very nice giveaway collection I would love the xbox and swag stuff for sure. So what would I like you to do in Japan...how about getting on one of those crazy game shows, I would love to see that :cool: . Good luck and have fun!(and I don't mean just videogames either;) )

45 pages of posts....
I like my odds on this one
When you get to Japan, you should conduct an independent research study on how many birds you have to lick before catching the Avian Flu. Then after infected, you have an excuse for giving all your stuff away.
Good luck either way Cheapy D

Wow...moving to the land of high human density per square mile in the city, square watermelons, and butt-washing toilets. Big change. My guess is that most folks who visit this site don't have foriegn versions of game consoles (or modifications to American units,) so not too many of us can take advantage of bargains on japanese versions of any games.

However, if you should happen to stumble across any Japanese web sites which sell neat toys/crafts at good prices, that would be a neat addition to the Ameri-centric deal threads on this site. Also, if you are going to work full time on this site, perhaps you might hire a painfully cute Japanese girl as a moderator...just to lend an air of local Japanese flavor.
;)

Thanks CheapyD for this opportunity! How can anyone be anymore cheapass than winning free things from CheapyD himself?

In Tokyo, I would like to see you go to the new Xbox 360 lounge. Once there, you will shout out, "PS3 rules! Bow down to the mighty dual shock!", then take all of their free promotional items. (As you are head cheapass and will need to restart your collection of promotional material after this contest)

Cheapy's gonna walk around town with a shirt that says "I want a damn carne asada burrito! NOW!" in japanese ..possibly holding a "Viva Tijuana" sign...

Good luck Cheapy. I have been a huge fan of your creation for a very long time.. Way before I was even a member of the forum. The deals featured on your site help bring happeness to all of us and our families and that's what it's all about.

I look foward to your next endeavor.

47 pages of posts....
I like my odds on this one
When you get to Japan, you should conduct an independent research study on how many birds you have to lick before catching the Avian Flu. Then after infected, you have an excuse for giving all your stuff away.
Good luck either way Cheapy D

You could definitly let us in on some of the cool video game stuff that doesn't make it to the states

Japan always seems to have the lead when it comes to cool tech stuff

I lived in Japan for over a year and loved it. I must say the best thing about Japan is the condition the used games are in - the discs always look brand new. It rocked so hard core.

Ganbatte!! Enjoy the land of Pocky, anime, and sailor uniforms! Don't forget to visit the Akihibara District and take pics - it's an electronic mecca!

The first thing you should do when you hit Japan is to visit a KFC and marvel at the adoration the Japanese pour upon the late Colonel Sanders. And you'll be there before Christmas, so...well, not to ruin anything, but Santa may bring you a bucket of extra crispy if you're a good little CAGer!

if CheapyD signs any of his stuff... i'm sad to say it'd have to be Ebayed.

even the most overstocked titles of his would actually be worth something. Well, except for State of Emergency... you have to pay people to take that game.

Congratulations man! I swear that I will go there someday. If you ever need some help down there, or want to spend some time with a fellow gaijin, try and find my good friend Bill Light. He lives in Fukui-ken prefecture on Honshu. He's the big friendly bald guy with a goatee and glasses, you can't miss him! He won't let you down. I am sad that I can't go there right now, but I'm sure that your games would take away some of the sting.

Japan has a lot of people.

CheapyD should summon GODZILLA and use him as transportation.

I could go through the rest of my college years before finishing all of those games. And being a filmmaker I would document the life of this site and the man behind it all.

That's a great opportunity for you CheapD. I just would like to thank you for your contributions to this site, without you I wouldn't have saved so much on my gaming needs. I've been around here for a while now and have gone through all the changes and renovations of the site, hopefully you'll be able to fix it up even more with the time in your hand. Anyways I'm sure you'll be sick and tired of the sushi over there sooner or later.

I would like to see CheapyD make a CAJ website, where we could get deals on items from Japan, since they seem to have the best version of almost everything. Even the Japanese mullet is the bomb.

Cheapy needs a picture of Tokyo Tower on the front page with him in front of, ASAP when he gets there.

things to do in Japan:

Izakayas: late night taverns that serve you little snacks while you drink. have fun and bring a date there from...

Gas Panic: Three or four of these clubs exist (1 in Shibuya, 1 in Roppongi, a few others). Japanese people go there to dance with foreigners... if you don't look like a foreigner, try your luck elsewhere =p

Tsukiji Fish Market: spot in Tokyo where at 5am the fish come pouring in and the restaurants send people to get fresh fish. Hit up the sushi restaurants there for lunch or dinner for some of the best in the world.

Tempura Bar: You'll see some of these around, it's basically like a sushi bar but with a giant frying wok for tempura. mmmmmm

Akihabara: of course you're going to visit here often

Temp Jobs: if you do look like a foreigner, you're in luck! $20/hr to drink @ wedding receptions and speak english. among other random jobs for white or black looking people. if you resemble an asian, stick with tutoring, that pays well too just to sit with someone and converse in english.

If your up to posting it, I'd love to see something along the lines of "japanese culture mistake of the day". I would just like to say that you do something american and then find out your doing it really wrong. Some of it could be just stupid stuff that everyone knows like "drove on the wrong side of the road today. Man, I've got to get used to this". Some may be embarrassing like "went to a public batroom today and just started doing my business. I noticed there wasn't any toilet paper too late." (something I learned from Lain is that public toilets don't have toilet paper often in Japan and people will give out toilet paper with ads). I think this could be a fun way to not just learn about the games, but also a bit about their culture.

ps. I think I'm most excited about the sotn and the extras. I hope to win 'cause I love that random wacky stuff!

Hook me up!

And while you're enhancing CAG with Japanocentric goodness, I have two words: Japanese Candy.

Oh how I need Japanese candy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back