CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

Have fun over there. That is a great place to be in the field you are in. Its like moving to Italy to be in the pizza business. Kind of.

Well I don't know what to tell you to do when you get there man but all I can say is I truly envy you and I hope you have a great time while living there... :applause:

Sayonara,
- CheapyD :grouphug:

Japan was established in 1985 to store the world's leftover malted beverages, hence its national motto, "This country is one giant refrigerator." It was also the site of the French and Indian War of 1933, and currently produces most of the world's plastic sporks. Japan's many exciting travel destinations include Disney World in Tokyo and Universal Studios in Osaka. In Japan, people drive on the left side of the street because it is said to bring good luck to those that use turn signals regularily. Most Japanese people are ninjas, so you should treat them with great respect. Should you ask one for directions, they will be forced to kill you.

Anyways, have a nice trip. Be sure to follow my advice, and you'll do great! :D

CheapyD movin to Japan.....well I guess if you wife got a good job and you'll be that close to Nintendo Japan, the congratualtions and good luck. You might want to learn a lil Japanese though.

While you're in Tokyo, I'd like to see you compete on the game show called Takeshi's Castle a.k.a. MXC a.k.a Most Extremem Elimination Challenge.

If I won your games, I'd finally buy myself an Xbox. I own a PS2 and a Gamecube, but no Xbox, and I wouldn't feel right selling all those Xbox games or letting them gather dust.

Watch out for them earthquakes in Tokyo. And those are some very nice games that I would very much like to win. Good luck in Japan, Mr. D.

Pick a fight with some ninjas behind a restaurant (aren't they behind like every restaurant in Japan?). If you live you can say "Damn I got beat up by ninjas!! Cool, now could you put my spleen back in". If you die you will live on forever as "The webmaster that got killed by freakin ninjas!! Kick ass!!" :applause:

Find a cheap copy of Radiant Silvergun on the Saturn... and eat some shark head nachos!

Baseball, Elvis, Rock n Roll! ^__^

[quote name='Miller2847']Thanks for the best contest yet and for everything you have done for the site. Rest assured that if I win, your games will be going to a good home.

Take some pictures of you in a large crowd so we can start playing "Where's Cheapy?"[/QUOTE]

psh i got a feeling it wouldnt be too hard finding like a 7 foot tall white man in a crowd of 5 foot tall japanese people

Since you are a tall person, just tell everyone there you are a U.S. basketball star. Trust me, they will believe you!

Entered.

Good luck with the move Cheapy; I'm sure Japan will be an awesome experience. Who knows, maybe you can do some snooping around and give us the lastest scoops from across the pond.

I would like you to keep us informed of the various pieces of "bad engrish" you discover while living in Japan.

Now please send me your stuff. ;)

I would like to see a two pictures of CheapyD. One before a 36 hour online gaming binge (must be in an internet cafe), and one after. Of course, if he is arrested for his acts, a third picture must be accompanied (perferably mugshot). Good luck Cheapy!

Good luck in Japan, dude! Eat a bunch of sushi for me and watch anime until your eyes explode.... or not. That might not be a good idea. Just stick with the sushi.

I'd like for you to take pictures of your home so I can see what Japanese homes look like haha. Maybe famous places that has appeared in video games like Shenmue locations. You should open a CAG store with stuff you get from there like those cool freebies that come with preorders hehe.

Awesoooooome.

Anyway, I have an event I'd like you to visit. Insomniac had a special where Dave went to Japan and he visited some sort of Fertility Festival. Basically it's just penises everywhere and in every form you can think of. Buy some lolli-dongs! Then take some pictures of it all. By default, it will be hilarious.

Because about two or three people went with th Godzilla idea

here is my new entry, Because wrestling and video games go hand in hand with each other and in japan wrestling ih hugh. I would like Cheapy D to go up to people on the street and saying a wrestling catch phrase such as

"YOU CANT SEE ME" OR "WHATCHA GONNA DO, WHEN HULKAMAINA RUNS WILD ON YOU"

Well on a side note have a great time!!!!!!!

dont forget to get some mooshu, what?.... you hungry!!!!!!!

I used to live in Tokyo last year, so i thought i'd pass along a gem i found.
There is a shop in Akihabara. A Shop like no other.
It's about one block back from the robot under the bridge, and 2 blocks to the right, parralel to main street. To advertise, they play a small boombox out of the window, that plays vintage game themes, mario, zelda, etc.
Once you find it (I think it's on the third floor), you are a happy man!
It's basically a store of vintage games, old japanese famicoms, superfamicoms all shrink-wrapped mounted on the walls, old sega masters, saturn, well you get the idea. And Thousands of games, many of them still in their original boxes. It's sweet.
My japanese isn't too good, so i could never read the name of the store, but the above description was the way i found it initially. Good luck!

You have so got to go to the gomi shops, flea markets, and shrine sales. They are all great places to get cheap ass famicom and super famicom games (complete too!). Japan is so awesome, been there 3 times and have yet to see everything!

when you get to Japan, you need to dress up in only a thong and go rock out to dance music in a japanese quickie mart, in the name of Jackass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back