CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

and good fucking god, 1200 entries already. i think anyone under 2000 posts should be disqualified so the collections most in need of a steroid injection of 30 games have a better chance.

I have a couple books on essential Japanese. Have been there once since my father is ex airforce and really enjoyed the hot springs and culture. God you have a lot of games if those are just your cast offs. Until I turned 18 a couple years ago I was only allowed two games a year. One for my birthday, one for christmas generally. And thats even with my own money. That policy was in place since I was four years old. Which really in the end just made me more obsessive about games and tech stuff in general.

I'd like to see you wear those formal kimonos for men. Really frilly pink ones and stuff preferably. And have pictures of you going around doing classic Japanese things and/or holiday/spiritual type activities. Other then that, theres all kinds of obscure cosplay and stuff i've heard about over the years that i'd like to see you take part in.

One of my psychology professors a while back told me that they have vending machines in Japan that sell used women's underwear. I'd like a picture of Cheapy purchasing one out of a vending machine! :D

Cheapy, I'd like to see you pick me to win your games before you move to Japan.

I think that fulfilled all of the criteria.

In all seriousness though, have an awesome time in Japan. It must be really weird moving to another country with a completely different language and social order. I'd be eaten alive since I don't know any Japanese, though I hear the ladies love the gaijen...heh heh heh. That's the only Japanese word I know, and I learned it from that website about the American guy who now works as a school teacher in Japan. Anyway, enjoy Japan; the food, the locations, and most of all, the women. Don't limit yourself either. Eat every kind of Japanese food you can find in the most exotic place you've come across with as many women as you can get your hands on. Simultaneously. That's what I'd do.

Always remember, when in a bind, think what I'd do...and do that.

Wow Japan u are SO LUCKY!!! I want u to go to EVERY SINGLE Suvenir shop and move so fast u look like one of those people in a movie that is being Fast Forwarded. U must visit EVERY theme part, tourist attraction, anime convention, video game store, and if there was something in particular that u wanted to achieve by going to Japan then HOP TO IT! It would be cool if u could pick up a little Japanese while u were there too. Even if I don't win your games, I hope u have the MOST AWESOME TIME EVER!!

My entry.

Have fun in Japan, CheapyD!

I took several years of Japanese in high school but I haven't used it in a while so I don't remember much. Maybe I should take out my old notebooks from class and refresh my memory. I hope to be able to visit the country in the future.

So are we going to see you cosplay? I would love to see you do that. Maybe dress up as your favorite game character. Also, buy lots of Japanese games for us! I know alot of fun games from Japan aren't released in the US. Tell us whats good so we know what import games to buy.

Best of luck to Mrs. CheapyD and her new job.

Thanks.

CheapyD needs to eat as much Yoshinoya in Japan as possible, then buy everything one ever needs to live from vending machines. After acquiring said things, he should find a capsule hotel and cram it all inside.

How about you seek out an original HATORI HANZO Katana while in Japan and learn the secret techniques of the Rising Sun Palm-Heart Thrust!

Or just hit up the Sake bars while singing Journey at Kareoke!

Show your love for Japan & Video Games with a tattoo!

Get a busty Geisha Girl posing with samurai swords & stuff.

If not a tattoo how about a pic with a hott Japanese lady & yourself posing all pimp!

I want to win, let me know & I'll make you laugh
Much Thanks

HT

Good luck on the move. It would be OK if you fixed the contest so that I win your games. Me wants the precious.

I'd like to see you as the head of one of those sweet dragon parade chain things. Either that or trying to start a P.F. Chang's franchise in Japan. That would be pretty hilarious too.

Man, you'll love Japan (if you've never been). I went there over the summer for two weeks, greatest thing to ever happen to me. I look forward to seeing CAG grow into an amazing place. Have fun moving! I'd be happy to lighten your load (heh)!

I hear Japan doesn't like foreigners a whole lot. Well, they don't mind their money, but they don't like the people. Kinda like the rest of the world.

I would like to see Cheapy star in some kung fu movies in Japan where he is battling the evil corporations from overcharging on next gen systems! He can use the GGC from best buy as flying stars to cut their throats!

You could go drifting on Mt. Akina like they do in Initial D! (j/k guys)

You could probably play some good japanese games and recommend us some good games to import, and where online to buy them from for cheap.

I want to see CheapyD's shocked look when he sees Sadako (from the ring movie)climbing out of his tv while playing fatal frame. And then when he runs to his room to hide, he meets the ghost from Ju-on. :lol:

If there are any new releases of games that come out in Japan before they do in the U.S. I would like to see Cheapy D review a few of them to let us know whether or not it's a good idea for us to wait for the U.S. release.

Damn Cheapy! I can't believe that you're leaving the good 'ol US of A- at least you have a wonderful legacy to leave behind (and continue from Japan).
BTW that legacy would be greatly increased espec. if I got hooked up with a couple games from your stash... maybe GTA:SA?
LOL- Enjoy Japan!

Having lived in Japan for a year (and visited Tokyo twice during that time), I was still unable to get on the shinkansen with a proper looking space helmet. Well, its always possible, but I never got around to it ;)

I would like to see a picture of you wearing a space helmet while taking the shinkansen at its usual, breakneck speed. Surrounded by salarymen no less. Who are all wondering what in god's name you are doing...

Cheers.

What I think you should do in Japan - - import some of those hard to find JPN games for the CAG followers...
What I would do with the games - - play the crap out of them, then give them away to friends and family as X-mas gifts
Good luck with Japan!!

You're gonna have a blast in Tokyo! Why you moving to Japan? If I get your games, they will go towards a good cause, my burgeoning game collection :D.

I'm in....

I'm also envious. Love Japan.

Just think of all the doo-dads like Play-Yan you can buy that we can't but that you can't operate because the manuals are in Japanese

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back