CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

Very nice collection you've giving away man, I'd love to be the next gamer to carry out the legendary err, powers that you have sealed onto those copies of the games. Lol.

I hope your wife and yourself have a better life in Tokyo. It seems like a great opportunity and you two did not hesitate on accepting the offer, and I say that's nice for the both of you. And if you haven't done so already, watch the film Lost in Translation to prepare for the trip, lol.

Thanks for doing this, and good luck to all participants!

Did you see that episode of King of the Hill where they go to Japan and Bobby plays DDR on a machine that has a giganto-screen on the side of the building? There MUST be something like that somewhere. Play it!

I wouldnt mind winning your games. And I'm pretty sure Nintendo is from Japan...

There, thats two things, post about Japan, and winning the games. Oh ho, I'm already in the lead.

I'd like CheapyD to place into the game's cases pictures of Mrs. Cheapy dressed in one of those tight school girl outfits that barely fits here and there. Since I know I'm going to win I've allready started on a list of poses which I find acceptable. Once the list is completed and formalities of notifying me have been taken care of I'll email you with the particulars.

I'd love to win the Metal Gear Solid Booklet and the God of War poster, both are great games/series'. Plus everything else is great too, except I don't have an Xbox. I guess I'd just have to buy one if I won. Have fun in Tokyo

My dad went to japan for a business trip.
He said the restrooms were very VERY curious and interesting, quite particular.
But the person he told to record with the video camera forgot to take off the cap/cover....we never got to see them.
Can you send us pics about restrooms?

Japan has the largest lighthouse in the world..
Steel tower near Yamashita in Yakohama
and the largest distribution of newspapers- Yomiuri Shimbun

I want to win the games!!!

I want pictures of you posted in one of those sardine like apartment bed things...

o and buy me a Big Mac(i hear they are better in Japan) and mail it back to me!

sweet akihabara is awesome... wont it be weird running a site from japan about deals in america? or can we expect a cheapassjapanesegamer section as well?

Cheapy,

Your games should go to a good home. I live on a farm. They would have lots of room to run around and have fun. Plus, I have some of my own and they would have lots of little brothers and sisters to play with. Give them a good home, Cheapy. Think of the games, think of the games...

It isn't super cheap but they have a wide selection of older system stuff...Super Potato is a small chain of video game stores in Japan and they have a fire trappish store in Akihabara...its near the Sofmap Mac store...

Cheapy D... AKA #1 CAG... needs to buy some Cheap Ass Japanese Games, then write some hilarious reviews of the wierd ones.

Have fun eating rice!

CheapyD, pls give us first hand news, reviews, edtorials about the new console that has Spiderman fonts and a boomerang-shaped controller.

Best wishes!

Moving to Japan will probably make CAG better. The technology there is so far ahead of ours. Now you can give us impressions of the PS3 when it's released there.

mr. Cheapy D can you speak japanese and is so can you say my screen name. oh and my birthday is in a week and i would love the games!

This thread is ridiculous. I'm in though. I'd love to see Cheapy going to a McDonald's in Japan, order a Big Mac and coke, sit there and play on his XBox a ton of FPSs....and then I'd love for him to start screaming incessantly for a good 30 minutes, NAGASAKI HIROSHIMA....over and over.

Thanks for the game BTW.

So how long til the CAG japanese import game store opens? I would like to see Cheapyd play a huge crazy bald white guy in an action movie.

I hope you have a good time in Japan! Ive always wanted to go to Japan... I really hope I win those games, cuz I do not have the money to buy them... Ive really wanted to try Area 51 and Spiderman 2.

I am taking a trip to Japan, hopefully next fall, at which point I plan to run gleefully through the streets, and get hopelessly lost. I've taken Japanese classes, years ago, and I sucked it up.

I'd recommend hitting every karaoke bar in Shibuya.

Your should be Honored to be In Japan for it is the Hub of all that is great TECHNOLOGY!! And winning your games would be the ultimate CAG ever and the most honorable CAG winnings ever!!!

Since a lot of interesting things come in vending machines there in Japan, you should create a vending machine that has tiny toy vending machines in it....

I'm fixing to move too, so I know you have a lot of stuff to do. To take the pressure off of the move, I've written you a haiku:

Hello CheapyD
You're going to rock Japan
like a hurricane!

All the best of luck with the move,
Chance

Im hope u have a good time in japan. First off, only eat what you can read...and i wanna see you have a good time! (in the form of making fun of japanese culture)

Moving to Japan? How did that come about?

Anyways, winning your games would be great. Some Simpsons parody would be cool. Go compete in a Japanese game show!

I would like to see Cheapy D with chopsticks up his nose at a sushi bar holding a kirin ichiban and smiling drunkenly. There just aren't enough ugly American tourists in Japan.

I would also like to win Cheapy's stuff so I can trade it in...

Really, it's not for me -- it's for the children... the children who will be able to buy Cheapy's stuff on a discount used game sale instead of paying full price for new games.

Hey, long time reader, first time poster. I envy your new move. I can't wait until I can go to Japan. I think I'll have to save up twice as much money as for a regular vacation with all the stuff I would end up buying.

When you get to Japan, get on one of those crazy gameshows where you have something wholly humiliating for everyone else's amusement...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back