CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

Mmmm...Hot Coffee...

Anyway, congratulations, CheapyD! Your site has been a lot of help to me. Go to the Akihabara District and take pics of video game stuff you can only get in Japan.

Go to a cosplay dressed as Armstrong from Full Metal Alchemist

14.jpg

Hope Japan treats you well its been a dream of mine to go there one day, but to be able to live there, now thats amazing, good luck!

I want to see CheapyD open a new forum where he posts pictures of random hot school girls that he sees on a daily basis or girls (not guys that dress as girls either!) that dress up as anime characters every weekend... Then he should post them on that forum on a daily basis - kinda like the Hot School Girl of the day kind of thing :)

That's what I want to see...

I love school girls!

A buddy of mine is living in Japan right now, working as an english teacher, and he has a new weird story to tell me every week.

Here are a couple:

- On the first day of class, his students asked him what America was like, as they heard it was very strange and dangerous. He told them he had to carry 3 guns just to feel safe. He told them it was mostly the wildlife that was dangerous and not the people. He told his students that if they ever go to America, they have to be especially watchful for Swamp Lions that live in the trees.

- There's some diner by his house where the owner keeps an Orangutan in a cage and feeds it nothing but wilted lettuce.

- There are apparently people called "english leeches," who will follow you around asking you pointless things just to practice their english. They are relentless and will follow you for blocks trying to get you to speak to them. My buddy pretends to be Swedish when they speak to him and talks at them like the Swedish Chef on the muppets.

As far as something to do, please stay in one of the Salaryman Tube Hotels. These are hotels without rooms. They're just walls full of tubes that you climb into and sleep in. There are lockers available to put your bags in, and the top of every tube has a small LCD TV. The hotels look sort of like laundromats. I've always wanted to stay in one.

I had an Uncle who taught Japanesse to the kids of US military soldiers stationed there. He taught there for over 20 years. I regret not having him teach me any.

Make sure to check out some Japanese pro wrestling, preferably New Japan. Also, even though it's gross, I'd like to know if they really sell used panties in vending machines there.

Well, seeing as I didn't email the peeps at GamersReport.com fast enough to get the Ceramic White PSP and Final Fantasy 7: Advent childre UMD, then I hope I win this. Hospital bills are stopping me from getting anymore games for a while.

I feel like a right cheap ass, signing up just for this competition! Never mind, I wanna go live in Tokyo! I was watching Battle Royale the other day and they were all like Japanese and stuff, but they killed each other and it all turned out good in the end! And thanks to Kotaku for putting this on their site...

Cheap Ass Gamer;
Ass left on the cold damp streets of the Tokyo back alley
Gamer squeezing his joystick with all his might.

Calling out till its blue, Blew
Again flying threw the air,
Greatest of ease, just like that man on the flying trapeze.

Come Again “say what?”
Alone in this house of Japan I am not.
Get right with the man, white flag, Red Dot.

Calling all Gamers
Alert, Alert Alert!
Gone is the man in the Orange shirt.

Carted off to the land of the rising sun.
Are you kidding?
Good golly what fun!

Cool prizes for me
All right two guesses.
Good time to you and the Mrs

There are lots of Yakuza out there, watch your ass and hope some drunk one doesn't flash his tattoo while also rubbing the stump that used to be his pinky finger. If you do... turn around and vanish... Not worth it to gawk.

Okay, CheapyD. How about you dress up in a stylish yellow and black suit like the bride (Uma) wore in Kill Bill and strut down a crowded Tokyo sidewalk carrying a boombox in your shoulder turnd all the way up while playing Twisted Nerve.

just a thought...

How about you get off the plane in Tokyo in the buff and show them all what a REAL man is supposed to look like?!....that or you can do the Happy Panda Bamboo Dance, your choice. ;)

IF I won, I can personally Guarantee that Castlevania: SOTN would remain forever sealed in it's own little shrine... As for the rest of the games... I would play the crap out of them!

Entry in...

I never won anything my whole life... So I'm not expecting to win...

I wishes I was in your shoes... my whole life I been loving everything from japan from, tech, cars, pop cuture, music, & video games...

Good Luck...

Hey Cheapy, good luck with the move to Japan, I'd like to see you visit the Bathing Ape workshop and take some pictures or buy some really expensive clothes if only to show me what the store looks like or what fanactics would buy from there.

i'd like to see a photo of cheapy in downtown tokyo, wearing a green jumpsuit and helmet, rolling around a large ball that's got stuff stuck to it.

Good luck in Japan and thanks for the contest.

So are you going to be the the main man who starts hooking us up with imports if needed?

I'm just kidding.

So...really, are you? :sunglasses:

I would love to have someone find and sell obscure handhelds, games, and such. There are a lot of systems and games that are impossible to find anywhere else. Now if you could do it and not have to charge $30.00 per item shipping, that would be sweet. Good luck in Japan and have fun. It sounds like a wonderful opportunity.

Cheapy D will definently be missed. I rarely posted on this board, but I must say that D's concept tailored for gamers is (and will be ) excellent. My FHM and Maxim magazine subscription will shed a tear with your departure. This has become THE MECCA for bargains, cheapasses and flippers. No other website compares to this one, including fatwallet.

Anyway, I envy your move to Japan. I have always wanted to go there myself in my lifetime, but it does not appear that it will happen at any point in my life. Being an avid gamer as myself, it's only logical that Japan would be a pit stop somewhere in my gaming life.

Nonetheless, take care and God speed you on your journey. I would love for you to drop us imported game bargains (if possible). Congratulations on the next chapter in your life. Japan is a better country with you.

Oh by the way, is Casey Jacobsen really a tall chick. I think she's kinda hot.

P.S. Your game collection will have a great home with me. I repeat...Great

I'll always hope my hubby will get stationed in Japan, it would be so interesting and talk about the games. :) Of course that would put in Okinawa but I know better chances are slim to none so cheapy while your there, spend lots of time in Shinjuk for me sounds like a fun ward. :)

I need to win simply because I only own a GameCube. I will buy an XBOX and a PS2 immediately once I win to play all those games!

As for what I'd like to see you do in Japan. Hmm...how about while you are there, see if you can "dig a hole to China" lol

have fun!

I'd like to see your reaction when you see that people stare at you for no particular reason just because you aren't Japanese.

"Simply post in this thread for a chance to win."

Ok, sounds simple enough.

"You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo."

I dunno...do a barrel roll?

When you finally get to Japan get to the bottom of this so called underground gundam fighting league I keep hearing about. JAPAN HAS LARGE FIGHTING ROBOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back