CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

Japan's a lovely place. I went there as a part of a foreign exchange program for a couple weeks in 7th grade.

Be careful of school kids though because when I went there, they had a game called "Concho", wherein the object of the game would be to sneak up on a person, and with your hands clasped together (index fingers outward like an imaginary gun) jam it straight up the butt of the unsuspecting person with as much might as possible.

This was over 5 years ago, so I hope they've come up with a different game, but still, back to the walls my friend.

Japan gets all the neat bonuses with games and more color choices for systems, not to mention they get almost everything released there first.

I hope one day I'll get to at least visit Japan too. Have fun there, CheapyD!

Meh, I would hate to live in the Kanto region, way to busy.

With all of those mountains and forested areas why are there so many people in the cities?

postin' this for my little bro. what's to become of the site once you get all moved? hookin' it up from there, or will someone be back here in the states keepin' an eye on it? either way man, good luck, thanks for runnin' such a cool spot for addicts such as myself and my little bro to save some bucks to support our endless habitual spending. may the force be with you on your journey.

If anything, I just ask that CheapyD post pictures of the boxart of the Japanese games and, if possible, post them up in comparison to US boxart. This also particularly goes for Japanese-specific games that are only released in Japan - the cultural-specific ones that may give US gamers pause.

It's an interesting cultural phenomenon comparing between the boxarts, the names, and other unique aspects regarding games that are region-specific. It's a fascinating cursory look into the examination of the differences between Japanese and American culture. To me, it helps us realize not only how "weird" others may be, but rather, how "weird" we can be in our own mindset.

Anyhow, hope your transition is a good one CheapyD - not only for a new job but for an opportunity to move to a new country :). Enjoy!

It sounds like there is mob money involved in your "relocation", LoL. An offer you can't refuse, huh? So you hate George W. too?

Seriously, have fun in Tokyo and I know you'll give us first hand accounts on next years Tokyo Game Show. Or else you'll get a knuckle sammich courtesy of Mr. Homer J. Simpson...
homer_fist.gif

When you are in Japan, you should buy some of the supposed "used panties" from vending machines and check if they were actually used. Go over them with a blacklight to check for, uhhh, "evidence."

i heard that japanese women dont care if thier man haves sex with another woman as long as they dont fall in luv with them!!! hey cheapy got any ideas???!!

I never win anything, but meh.. first time for everything I suppose, lol..

Definitely be a nice haul to add to my collection.. ;) you have damn good taste, Cheapy.

Anywho, g'luck in Tokyo!

Hey CheapyD, congrats on the move! I'd like to see you take advantage of your new location and set up a CAG-only export business, so we can finally get import games (and all those Japan only hardware editions, etc) at reasonable cheap-ass prices!

I really want to win Cheapy's games. That said, if Cheapy merely stood on his head like a monk in the middle of a busy Tokyo subway platform and balanced a bowl of fruit on the soles of his shoes and had it videotaped, I probably wouldn't be too disappointed. It's a bit of a toss-up, actually, with the slight edge probably going to "winning CheapyD's games".

You should start a new feature on where to get cheap stuff in Akihabara and places like that.
(dunno if this has already been said, just putting a comment about Japan. ^_^)

I want to see Cheapy do a live report from the Kanamara Matsuri (aka, "the dick festival")! Also, while you're at it, nab my best friend from his stint teaching english for Nova and send him back home to us. We all miss him.

Cheapy... Good luck to you in Japan... Once your there, if you can enlighten the rest of us in Japan's obssession with Pachinko... silver shinny metalic balls, large metal trays, and sweaty smell of gyms! It was be a cultural thing...

Wow, look at all the people who posted...so many people love free stuff. Well, I really appreciate you sharing the wealth. Have a great time in Japan! :bouncy:

You are so lucky that you get to move to Japan and experience another culture. Best wishes to you and your wife. I really enjoy listening to the podcasts evey week; keep up the good work.

It looks like a pretty good list of swag. Hope you have a great time in Tokyo. From what I've heard it's pretty fun. May your CAGdom follow you all the days of your life.

I'd like you to tell us about how far ahead the Japanese are on some game series and what kind of games they have that we desperately need to see in these parts.

This contest's certainly brought everyone out.

I'd like to see you have weekly contests in which you mail Japan's finest sushi to the winner. Of course, you'd have to be quite silly to eat food, especially raw fish, that's been packaged and shipped internationally, but we all know it's the thought that counts.

If he doesn't already, I'd like to see CheapyD learn Japanese so he can tell us which import games are good and cheap, which require a lot of language knowledge, etc.

Also, entered.

If you haven't already, there's a good number of Japanese rock bands that are awesome. Go scope out the modern music scene in Japan and see what you can come up with! I've recently been turned on to the tunes when I imported Ouendan for DS and was blown away by the awesome soundtrack.

Check out songs from Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Orange Range and L'arc-en-ciel for starters -- I only know them from the game. But I'm sure there are tons of other great bands to discover!

I'd love to see Tokyo, so how about posting some pics on the site. My son wants me to win the games 'cause he thinks he'll get to play them (not a chance on San An). Maybe if he brings his grades up a notch or three. I'd use them as rewards for getting his homework done (beats pulling my last two hairs out).

Is Japan a big haven for cheap videogames? I feel that they don't turn in pre-played games as Americans do. By the way I would be so happy with just the posters and trinkets.

I'd like you to go on some photo taking sessions for those of us that can't go to Tokyo.
Tokyo and the surrounded parks and temples are some of the most beautifully landscaped and maintained areas, but all you ever hear about Tokyo is how crowded it is.
Pics of the temples and parks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back