CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

Pick me just because. Once you get to Japan, you should go to one of those sushi restaurants (they're prolly everywhere) and eat as much wasabi (plain or with sushi) as possible.

I only have 15 games spread across all three platforms, so winning CheapyD's games would be awesome, I can actually say I have a collection (sob).

Cheapy I'd like to see you walk around Tokyo in a "Mayor McCheese" suit or some other stereotypical American character... just to see people's faces.

Either way goodluck over there.

I'd like to:

1> see a story of CheapyD going to various famous Japanese locations, while stopping to defeat small enemies on the way for XP

2> see a picture of him obtaining a piece of Japanese Americana (Japanicana) and then hold it up in the air like Link from Zelda

3> hear an audiofile of him trying to explain to the Japanese exactly why the Simpsons is funny

4> hear of CheapyD trying to destroy the world, Final Fantasy Villain style.

5> see/hear of him fighting with the locals in a rubber suit over a model village. Alternately, touching his hand to his chest in a salute, and suddenly growing to a 50 foot robot.

Ganbatte ne!

Hope this counts as an entry.

For any potential college students heading to San Jose State Uni. (San Nose shiritsu daigaku) and wishing to take Japanese: SJSU has good contacts to get you into the JET program (teach English overseas in Japan) and has an awesome Japanese department. There's a really kirei de kawaiku te female teacher (Atsuko Yamura) and the head of the dept. (Inaba sensei) is top notch.

I wouldn't mind seeing Cheapy simply be our on location reporter. that'd be cool to see the different games that come out there that we don't get, and just to see Japanese culture through someone actually living there. I think that'd be pretty cool since there are so many differences between Japan and America, but still so many similiarities.

I may be going to Japan next summer. I went to a three-week camp in northern West Virginia (paid for by the state) where I learned a bit about Japan in one of my classes. Our teacher said she may get a trip together for next year.

I wish i lived in Japan, those lucky bums get all the good RPGs and anime :( I hope I win the games.

And just for the heck of it, it would be funny if you went cosplaying in japan lol.

Congrats on getting a cool job in Japan! I'd love to win your games, though...

I think CheapyD should post a short clip of himself in a druken stooper singing tunes in a karaoke bar!!

Pack lots of extra blue jeans to sell on the streets... oh wait maybe that doesn't work so well in Japan.

On second thought check out www.megatokyo.com if you want to see some American transplants in Japan.

Very awesome and original contest idea.

Are you going to get one of those kooky washer/dryer hybrids? I don't understand why those haven't caught on in America.

Also convinence stores are nothing like those in America, it isn't just crap being sold there, but things of actual use. Good luck over there, and have a good time moving...

lets see..... ive heard a story about a kendo teacher riding his bicycle down Broadway in NYC with a katana sword strapped to his back. he got a ticket of course haha
id like to see that hahhaa

Supposely Japan is going to eventually sink into the sea in a massive earthquake, I don't know how I feel about that, losing zelda and rpgs will be hard.. but at the same time with all the other stuff that comes out of japan maybe it is for the best

Anyway find me a job teaching english there..

[quote name='bagellad']Supposely Japan is going to eventually sink into the sea in a massive earthquake, I don't know how I feel about that, losing zelda and rpgs will be hard.. but at the same time with all the other stuff that comes out of japan maybe it is for the best

Anyway find me a job teaching english there..[/QUOTE]

i think you have to be good at english to teach it, but i'm not really sure.

In Japan you can think about the hours of fun your games are to bring me. I actually know nothing about japan but I wish you the best of luck. And I'm worried about movin a town over...

Something about Japan: It's probably the one place I'd like to visit the most. But I'm sure those 30+ games would comfort me until I save enough money. :D

id like to see cheapy dress up as a ninja, set himself on fire, and do life threatning stunts off of a building. actually i could care less about japan, just give me your games.

Wow..117 pages in two days..thats quite a send off. Haha, it'll probably be 250 by the end of the contest.

CheapyD, I just thought of something else you can do in Japan. Get your wife one of those airbrushed skirts, the ones that look like they are see through so you can see everything. Or at the very least get yourself a 'boobies scarve'. Then theres always the schoolgirl panty vending machines..

You lucky bastard... I;m not quite sure if it is, but if Godzilla: Final Wars is still in theaters there, it will be worth your time to check it out. On another note, I think this may be the best prize I've seen in any contest ever.

You should also try to get us info earlier on upcoming games and stuff. Maybe some of your contest prizes could be games that are out in Japan but not the US?

[quote name='GemCat']Wow..117 pages in two days..thats quite a send off. Haha, it'll probably be 250 by the end of the contest.

CheapyD, I just thought of something else you can do in Japan. Get your wife one of those airbrushed skirts, the ones that look like they are see through so you can see everything. Or at the very least get yourself a 'boobies scarve'. Then theres always the schoolgirl panty vending machines..[/QUOTE]
those airbrush skirts were fake man.

Actually, I'm pretty jealous, as I'd love to go to Japan to visit someday. This does remind me of a story from my Japanese Culture History class, however:

So, it was still very early in the semester and we were all still trying to figure the class out and many of us didn't have the textbook yet. That didn't help matters when our professor asked us to have a presentation based on a city of our choosing from the book. She grouped us into groups of 4 or 5 and expected something in like 15 minutes. None of us read the material, but it helped that one of the group members was one of those class clowns that didn't really care what people thought, so he took the reigns, heh. We goofed around, but actually volunteered to go first! And our presentation? It was about how the people in this city enjoyed sushi and baseball and Ichiro and how the buildings had bite marks because of Godzilla.

And our professor, who was probably one of nicest people I've met and born/raised in Japan, simply looked at us and laughed her ass off, hehe. And we got a good grade! So woo!

Have fun in Japan, CheapyD! Watch out for those businessmen that turn into ninjas at night! And be sure to leave me some of your games! ~_^

hey, good luck on the move, but I think you should try to go to a game company and tell about all the stuff they do, find out how many work on a game, and some pics if posible.

I would like to see cheapy walk up and down the streets with one of those "i want a japanese girlfriend" T-shirts that all the tousts wear. and then he should try to pick up some girl, to see how well the shirts work!

I would like to see Cheapy walk down the street in a cowboy hat, waving an American flag and speaking in a Texas drawl. When crossing the street, he can make some obnoxious comment about Asians being terrible drivers.

I hear that the time difference over there is 4 months or so ... at least if you're paying attention to when video games come out.

Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back